• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Hi there!

I living in the US already and thus Im doing the AOS process so Im not sure if our cases are comparable at all. I sent my forms to KCC 6 May and only got the 2nd NL back in October. Maybe you might want to email KCC to check on the status of your forms etc. The 2nd NL just acknowledges you are proceeding with the application process and gives instructions how to pay the DV fee, it doesnt have anything to do with how high your case number is. Mine was emailed to me.

Just to clarify the 2NL is different and has different meaning depending on how you plan to proceed with your case.

For Consular Processing (CP) which is the process for 95% of selectees (those not already in the US on some temporary visa), the 2NL is an email that is sent when their number is current and the interview has been arranged at an embassy. The 2NL tells the applicant to check the ESC Status check website and there, the selectee sees the appointment details.

For Adjustment of Status (AOS) applicants (those that are already in the US) the 2NL is just as IheartNY describes above, it is simply an acknowledgement plus some info about paying the DV fee, and is sent regardless of the case number.

Hold on, how do the notification letters happen? I posted my forms in may. Do they come the mail or just in your email inbox?

And has the user above mixed american date notation with austrlalian date notation confusing me?

04/10/13 is AFTER 05/06/13?

I don't understand what is happening it scares me that you're all up in this "NL" jive talk and I'm just not up with it all. Where did you learn the ways of this forum?

I am scared I'm gonna miss something.

Number two thousand and low somethin oceania.

Firstly read my clarification and 2NLs above. Your number won't be current for some time yet - so you won't get a 2NL for months yet...

Thank you for the clarification Britsimon. Sorry if I freaked out the good people of the 2014 DV Australian Winners thread. Ive amended my signature to clarify that I am doing AOS.

Peace out :)

Just to clarify the 2NL is different and has different meaning depending on how you plan to proceed with your case.

For Consular Processing (CP) which is the process for 95% of selectees (those not already in the US on some temporary visa), the 2NL is an email that is sent when their number is current and the interview has been arranged at an embassy. The 2NL tells the applicant to check the ESC Status check website and there, the selectee sees the appointment details.

For Adjustment of Status (AOS) applicants (those that are already in the US) the 2NL is just as IheartNY describes above, it is simply an acknowledgement plus some info about paying the DV fee, and is sent regardless of the case number.

Thanks! So AOS peiople are the only ones who had to pay like 330 bucks upon 2nd NL. Consular prossessing people don't pay 330 until like the interview in sydney and other fees too, but no money down 'as soon as' I get the 2nd NL email yeah?

Thanks everyone. What a weird little 'lingo' to grab a hold of... I think I am mastering it. The byzantine system of visas hmmm hmmm

December numbers released. OCEANIA is only at 550. Very very disappointing. :(

At this rate I fear most wont go current...

It's been officially released now, and it is indeed 550

Sooooo confused!!!!!!!!!! :(

That's kind of good for us with regard to our trip to the USA in May/June. Looking like processing for us in July.
Probably a silly question, but if our number is in the July numbers announced, will our appointment actually be in July?

CN: 2014OC000013XX

Dv lottery visa is a game, and now they are also playing game for interviewing the selected people.

I hope they will interview all people who have been selected for further processing, and give them a chance to go to USA to live and work.

Sooooo confused!!!!!!!!!! :(

I hope they will interview all people who have been selected for further processing, and give them a chance to go to USA to live and work.

Respectfully, would you prefer they run out of visas and still do interviews, charge you for said interview then still not give you a visa because there are none left? Because that's how the scenario you described would play out.

We all know there's an enormous element of chance involved. It's a lottery; we won a ticket in the draw, not necessarily the grand prize.

Respectfully, would you prefer they run out of visas and still do interviews, charge you for said interview then still not give you a visa because there are none left? Because that's how the scenario you described would play out.

We all know there's an enormous element of chance involved. It's a lottery; we won a ticket in the draw, not necessarily the grand prize.

This is true, but you can understand why in May when the results came out most 'oceanites' would have thought they were pretty much guaranteed an interview, when all recent fiscal years have turned current!

I'm definitely not holding out hopes now (with 23XX). It's okay, I just have to change my view on it and recognise I was so lucky in the first place to have been initially selected! If only I'd remembered to enter the DV2015 before it closed *doh*

Hi Crawf33,

I wish........ All people get selected to win lottery visa for further processing to be granted visa if they follow the procedures. How ever, all selected people must do some unfair things before they are granted the visa.

Legally they allow to have visa, because they have won the lottery, but why the US consular still questions in the interview, ask this or that such and such... how much money has in the bank...... I see it is very ridiculous!

They need to show a fair game, it is "Win means to be granted visa if the selected people demonstrate that he/she is the person got selected to win"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but I honestly have no idea what point you're trying to make.

There are millions of entrants for 50,000 visas. There are 125,000 (?) chances to win one of those visas. By its very nature not every selectee is going to win one.

Being a selectee means you're selected for further processing, NOT selected to automatically get a green card. That processing is the forms we all filled out in May. We've all done that. Now it's literally the luck of the draw, that draw being the case numbers each of is received.

As plenty of the documentation says, being a selectee is no guarantee of a visa. Unfortunately many people seem to feel it is, or that it should be.

I wish........ All people get selected to win lottery visa for further processing to be granted visa if they follow the procedures. How ever, all selected people must do some unfair things before they are granted the visa.

I dont agree that they make people do "unfair" things. The application is quite clear that when you enter you win the opportunity for further processing.

Legally they allow to have visa, because they have won the lottery, but why the US consular still questions in the interview, ask this or that such and such... how much money has in the bank...... I see it is very ridiculous!

The questions the Consular ask are hardly silly, the questions are there to protect the person applying as much as the American people who will have to support a new immigrant who ends up homeless due to lack of funds.

They need to show a fair game, it is "Win means to be granted visa if the selected people demonstrate that he/she is the person got selected to win"

Incorrect, we beat 14.5 million other people to progress to further processing.

That's kind of good for us with regard to our trip to the USA in May/June. Looking like processing for us in July.
Probably a silly question, but if our number is in the July numbers announced, will our appointment actually be in July?

CN: 2014OC000013XX

One of the only people to be pleased about the low OC number! LOL.

Your number is in the certain range, but I don't think it will be current as late as July. I expect there should be an acceleration of the cutoff so I would very much expect 1300 to be hit by May - so be prepared for that eventuality. FYI, I REALLY would not advise rescheduling the appointment - certainly not as late as July, as that could be risky.

Once your number is current for the stated month then yes your interview is generally in that month (meaning the people who just went current will interview in Jan)

One of the only people to be pleased about the low OC number! LOL.

Your number is in the certain range, but I don't think it will be current as late as July. I expect there should be an acceleration of the cutoff so I would very much expect 1300 to be hit by May - so be prepared for that eventuality. FYI, I REALLY would not advise rescheduling the appointment - certainly not as late as July, as that could be risky.

Once your number is current for the stated month then yes your interview is generally in that month (meaning the people who just went current will interview in Jan)

Britsimon, previously you'd anticipated that the Oceania case numbers would start to move faster in January, and unfortunately, that hasn't happened. What's your feeling now? Of the 4215 Oceania selectees, how many do you think will be interviewed? I'm 22XX and I'm starting to get worried.

It's only 50 less than last year. Is the concern because there are more selectees this year?

It's only 50 less than last year. Is the concern because there are more selectees this year?

Yes, Essey, I'm not sure exactly how many selectees there were for 2013, but from memory I think it was two or three thousand, which is literally thousands less than the 4215 they've selected for 2014. Logic would suggest that if they intended to interview more selectees than last year, they would be processing faster than last year, and certainly not slower.

So is it wrong to assume that ultimately, whether or not the numbers go to 'current' in the last month will depend on how many of the selectees in the previous 11 months pursue/obtain their green cards? And would the fact that the numbers are still low now indicate that a lot of OC selectees are following through with their applications?