• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Does anyone here know how long Police Certificates from other countries would need to be? I lived in the UK so will need to get one from there, but don't know whether to get it now with the possibility of it being 12 months old by the time I interview or to wait until early 2014 to apply for it.

Does anyone here know how long Police Certificates from other countries would need to be? I lived in the UK so will need to get one from there, but don't know whether to get it now with the possibility of it being 12 months old by the time I interview or to wait until early 2014 to apply for it.

In theory it shouldn't matter as you aren't there, however it is better to have a more recent police cert, just to avoid the question during interview. You could apply when your CN is getting close.

Sorry Crawf33 that's not correct mate. It's 6 months from when you had your medical done.

Which is TECHNICALLY the same thing as the results expire in six months, and the majority have their medicals a short period of time before the interview.

Even assuming someone does a medical the day of the interview (in the case of South Australians etc), the applicant has six months from the interview date to enter the US and activate the green card.

So you still have a maximum of six months, but in practise it's generally going to be a couple of weeks less than that.

Guidance

Hello everyone!
Just stumbled across this thread and wanted to ask a question. please forgive my ignorance: my CN this year was 2014OC00028XX - I sent off my forms on the 5th of May. just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of when to expect a 2NL email or an interview date approximation?

Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Merc

Also

Hello everyone!
Just stumbled across this thread and wanted to ask a question. please forgive my ignorance: my CN this year was 2014OC00028XX - I sent off my forms on the 5th of May. just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of when to expect a 2NL email or an interview date approximation?

Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Merc

I also wonderif my CN being quite high (000028XX) does this mean I may miss out?

I do wish they had made some type of indication as to why there is such an increase in higher numbers this year for Oceania. The result would be twofold; it would ease some of the concerns of those Aussies with high numbers that they will at least become 'current' and it would negate the need for many applicants to be applying again post selection.

If only.

Q

At the rate DV2015 is going, they'll need to do a 2nd drawing because half the winners will be 2014 winners who entered again just in case :p

At the rate DV2015 is going, they'll need to do a 2nd drawing because half the winners will be 2014 winners who entered again just in case :p

Don't bet on that. A bunch of DV2013 selectees also took part in DV2014 as a back up plan.

Hi all

Im one of the randoms they selected in the 2014 lottery CN 2014OC000018XX. I sent off all my paperwork May 21st.

I never received any notifications back from KCC that they had received my documents. Is this normal?
I have just sent them an email asking them for confirmation because I suddenly had a panic attack.

Also roughly when should I expect my interview? Late next year?

Hi all

Im one of the randoms they selected in the 2014 lottery CN 2014OC000018XX. I sent off all my paperwork May 21st.

I never received any notifications back from KCC that they had received my documents. Is this normal?
I have just sent them an email asking them for confirmation because I suddenly had a panic attack.

Also roughly when should I expect my interview? Late next year?

It is normal not to hear anything until your number is current. They will respond to a request to confirm though as you have sent...

OC numbers are a bit of a mystery this year. Your number is probably going to get an interview between May and September - but I'm not sure it can be pinned down much more than that. That year that number would have been interviewed in August.

Sorry Crawf33 that's not correct mate. It's 6 months from when you had your medical done.

This is what is commonly believed but I and most other people have the visa expiry date 6 months from issue - and our visa was issued almost 2 months after our medical. What I have come to believe is that the medical is valid for 6 months for visa issuance purposes but is longer in practice. The only people I've seen with shorter expiry dates are those that had visas issued months after interview due to AP or other delays. I also explicitly asked the CO about this (worried that needed to enter 6 months after the medical was done) and he was firm that the expiry date on the visa is what you go by - hence if the medicals expire before 6 months from visa issuance the visa expiry date will be shorter than 6 months. Hope that clarifies it.

That's odd because my visa is valid exactly 6 months to the day from when I had my medical. I do believe you can get another medical though and extend the visa

That's odd because my visa is valid exactly 6 months to the day from when I had my medical. I do believe you can get another medical though and extend the visa

That is odd...but in any case it underscores the point that the critical date is the expiry date on the visa.

Thanks Britsimon! So you think I should remain hopeful of actually getting an interview date tho?

I mean last year the number they got up to was 1600 in August before it went CURRENT in September. Does that mean ALL the remaining ppl get interviews or does it just mean that they continue with interviews until the time remaining runs out? Ie say they could do another 150 ppl in Sept then the numbers would have only gone up to 1750 before the end date? (Sept 30)

It is normal not to hear anything until your number is current. They will respond to a request to confirm though as you have sent...

OC numbers are a bit of a mystery this year. Your number is probably going to get an interview between May and September - but I'm not sure it can be pinned down much more than that. That year that number would have been interviewed in August.

Thanks Britsimon! So you think I should remain hopeful of actually getting an interview date tho?

I mean last year the number they got up to was 1600 in August before it went CURRENT in September. Does that mean ALL the remaining ppl get interviews or does it just mean that they continue with interviews until the time remaining runs out? Ie say they could do another 150 ppl in Sept then the numbers would have only gone up to 1750 before the end date? (Sept 30)

Yes you should remain hopeful. OC numbers go MUCH higher than yours this year. When they make the region current it means they believe they have sufficient visas for all remaining applicants. Given that we have much higher number of selectees this year, I suspect some regions may not go current this year.

Yes you should remain hopeful. OC numbers go MUCH higher than yours this year. When they make the region current it means they believe they have sufficient visas for all remaining applicants. Given that we have much higher number of selectees this year, I suspect some regions may not go current this year.

Do you think OC will go current this time round?

Also whats the highest number you've heard of for OC?

Do you think OC will go current this time round?

No. OC has around double the selectees this year (about 4000)- and whilst I think they will get a bigger share this year, I cannot imagine OC will go current with that many selectees.

Also whats the highest number you've heard of for OC?

I know there are numbers in the high 4000s - which makes sense with 4000 selectees.

Hi, can anyone tell me how far in advance does KCC advise your interview date? Thanks :)