• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Congratulations NJames and CamelSlayer. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Hopefully you guys will keep sharing the experiences here once you're in the USA.

It sounds like the name check for Police certificate is fine.

CamelSlayer that is fantastic news. I am so happy to hear that you guys went thru the process with no worries. Congratulations.

Cut off numbers for December are

Congratulations to all of our group that are below this number. I am hoping that as of January it is going to start to pick up speed. Am hoping for 200 lot increases minimum from Jan onwards, if we continue at this rate we will only get to 1800.

Re: Won lottery visa 2014

Hi everyone,

First, I would like to congratulate to people who are winning lottery visa for further processing. I am also a winner. My case number is 20xx. I would like to know when I can get interviewed?

I am currently having a National Police Check Certificate, but this certificate I had done for Security Officer job. So, could I use it for Visa Interview?

Thank you very much with your help.

hro

Hi everyone,

First, I would like to congratulate to people who are winning lottery visa for further processing. I am also a winner. My case number is 20xx. I would like to know when I can get interviewed?

You're a long way off my friend. They're still in the 200s.

I am currently having a National Police Check Certificate, but this certificate I had done for Security Officer job. So, could I use it for Visa Interview?

It depends on how long the check remains valid. If it expires before your interview (which is going to be a while off) then no, you can't use it.

Way to go CamelSlayer! Congratulations from a fellow low-case-number guy biting his fingernails for the next month.

It's especially pleasing to hear both of you guys seemed to get in and out of there in a couple of hours. What time was your appointment CamelSlayer? Mine's at 9:30am and I'm booked on a 4pm flight out of Sydney to see my girlfriend for the first time in three months so I'm desperately hoping I'll have enough time up my sleeve.

Thanks Crawf33

My appointment was scheduled for 10.45am. I showed up at security at 10.15am, and was sent upstairs about 10 minutes later.
My flight back to Melbourne was booked for 6.45pm, so I had a lot of time to kill afterwards, but I figured it would be better to be safe than sorry.

how are we feeling about late case numbers?

in past years have other regions not reached 'current'?

hoping we really pick up the pace here!!

keep positive;)

26XX

Shaddy,

I am hoping that in Jan the numbers start to jump, December is usually a small intake month as the embassy's are closed for a period of time over Christmas etc. I think that it still jumped by 150 is a good sign but still not what us in the higher than 1800 mark were looking for.

Oceania has nearly always gone current, but once again who knows if they will call you for an interview and process it in time. I myself am nervous being in the low 2000 mark, but havent given up hope.

cut-off numbers from past years' visa bulletins

OCEANIA
DV2009
DV2010DV2011DV2012DV2013
Oct
Nov325475650500400
Dec440675700575500
Jan480775775650600
Feb575870810775725
Mar675880900925850
Apr7151,0001,0001,0001,000
May8251,1001,1751,1501,115
Jun9301,1751,300current1,275
Julcurrent13001,400current
Augcurrentcurrentcurrentcurrent
Sepcurrentcurrentcurrentcurrent

for details : [url]http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html[/URL]

As we can see from this we are still quite a way behind where we have been in past years.

If they are going to continue to jump by 75 spots each time, then a lot of us are going to be screwed.

yeah, still cant help but feel like theres a reason they selected so many extra numbers in oceania this time tho. maybe thats overly optimistic but i guess we wont know until it happens.

so we can enter the current lottery without voiding our dv-2014 entry?

yeah, still cant help but feel like theres a reason they selected so many extra numbers in oceania this time tho. maybe thats overly optimistic but i guess we wont know until it happens.

so we can enter the current lottery without voiding our dv-2014 entry?

I agree with this. I just don't get why they would select so many more for OC if they were not going to raise the OC bar.

Yes you can enter DV2015 with no impact to DV2014.

cheers for that. I'm still looking for something official to that effect :eek: not keen on jeopardising my place!!

Has anyone actually asked? I've thought of contacting the consulate here in NZ and seeing if it was possible to speak to someone about the process, it seems patently ridiculous to me, that they advise you have been selected for further processing, when you may never actually get anything processed. Oceania is always under subscribed compared to other nations, you'd think they would place preference there.

Thank you

You're a long way off my friend. They're still in the 200s.

It depends on how long the check remains valid. If it expires before your interview (which is going to be a while off) then no, you can't use it.

Hi Crawf33,

Thank you for replying my message. Could you tell me how long the National Police check Cert valid for?

Thank you

Re: Dv Lottery Visa Interview

12 months mate

Dear Njames and Dv friends,

So, you mean that I can use National Police Check Certificate used for Security Job position for DV Visa Interview if it is valided within 12 months. I am really happy about that. This certificate cost me $ AUD 144 in last month.

I am worried is I didn't fill in the address in America on the form DV lottery visa. So, do I allow to provide my friend 's address in America on the Interview ?

On the Bulletin today, I see that It cuts off is 450 people in December . For my case number is 200x, my interview date is maybe in Feb or Mar in next year.

I am not good at convincing the interviewer. Therefore, I am very worried to see consular. So, I would like to know the chance I am granted to a visa to move to USA if I follow the lottery visa processing.

What the consular often questions in the interview? I studied VCE in Melbourne, Human Resources and working.

Answer me, I really thank you very much.

Kind Regards,
hro

Last edited by a moderator: