2013 Feb N 400 Tracker

irvine2000,

Good for you and you can travel now and waiting for your certificate to be mailed back to you. It is fast in about 2 weeks. Did you apply for it by normal processing or expedite service?

Today received the passport. thanks everybody and good luck who are in the process or queue.

irvine2000,

Good for you and you can travel now and waiting for your certificate to be mailed back to you. It is fast in about 2 weeks. Did you apply for it by normal processing or expedite service?

yes, hopefully i should receive the NC today. I applied expedite but it seems for normal it would be another week or 10 days.
good luck.

I live in Texas. It says on 2013-05-14 (aka May 14th this year) I was scheduled for invitation to the oath ceremony. Going to the mailbox every day leaves me frustrated, hungover, and annoyed.

How on earth do I figure out when my oath ceremony will be?

I called up and they said "I'm in the queue" and to wait for up to 45 days. During that time I daren't travel outside of the country, so I'm gagging to go visit family, but end up going to the pigging mailbox daily.

Any insight into oath ceremony waiting lists in Texas? AAAAAAAARggh

This going to the mailbox every day hoping that I'll get a notification is killing me. Still waiting since 5/14. About to go nuts, as I daren't go out of the country without my oath ceremony done.

If you are already scheduled for the oath ceremony and not got your letter for 20 days now, why don't you call the USCIS and ask to be escalated to a level 2 Immigration Info. Officer? For all you know, your oath letter must have been lost in mail and your oath ceremony been already over.

Tell the level one person that this is an emergency since you need to make travel plans and need to know the date for the ceremony and that you feel the letter is lost. Be adamant to be transferred to a level 2 officer. Just waiting is not an option!

Hey janette,

Just saw in your signature that you have to mail additional docs.

Would you mind sharing your experience?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey janette,

Just saw in your signature that you have to mail additional docs.

Would you mind sharing your experience?

Thanks!

Interview experience was great: waiting time for interview 10 mins, asked almost all questions about N400 (DOB, address, marriage, kids, work, trips). Asked to explain "arrest" (why I had paper car plate, told about car which I just bouth in auction etc..no big deal).
Asked questions, answered all 6 of them. Asked to write: We pay taxes. And read: We support our government (or smth like that).
Then he said: Decision can not be made, because I would like you to send me an additional document, nothing difficult - about child support. He gave me 2 papers, where all details were written- what I need to send, gave me 4 weeks time. And said: if everything is fine, you will receive oath letter in your mail with details.
I had few consultations with lawyers these days, how to make these documents look perfect. So now I am in process with additional paper making.
If you have questions about this child support "letter", please write me private message.. Those of you who are interested. I can post every single detail in public when I have my passport in hand, now I'm a bit nervous. Hope everything will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview experience was great: waiting time for interview 10 mins, asked almost all questions about N400 (DOB, address, marriage, kids, work, trips). Asked to explain "arrest" (why I had paper car plate, told about car which I just bouth in auction etc..no big deal).
Asked questions, answered all 6 of them. Asked to write: We pay taxes. And read: We support our government (or smth like that).
Then he said: Decision can not be made, because I would like you to send me an additional document, nothing difficult - about child support. He gave me 2 papers, where all details were written- what I need to send, gave me 4 weeks time. And said: if everything is fine, you will receive oath letter in your mail with details.
I had few consultations with lawyers these days, how to make these documents look perfect. So now I am in process with additional paper making.
If you have questions about this child support "letter", please write me private message.. Those of you who are interested. I can post every single detail in public when I have my passport in hand, now I'm a bit nervous. Hope everything will be fine.

Thanks janette, congrats!

And good luck with your letter!!

I took the oath yesterday and applied for passport. The immigration road has finally come to an end. See my signature.

Finally US Citizen now.
I wish each one of you in this forum ALL THE VERY BEST and thank you all for sharing their experiences.

02/11/13: N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX
02/13/13: N-400 delivered
02/19/13: Check cashed
02/19/13: Email Notification & case no received
02/23/13: NOA received (Priority Date: 02/13/13)
02/25/13: FP notice recd
02/26/13: FP Done (walk-in)
05/29/13: Interview Done
06/06/13: Oath Ceremony
06/06/13: Applied for Passport
06/14/13: Received Passport

Interview done and approved!

Now waiting for the oath letter and date.

Hopefully it will be soon.

Good luck!

My Interview experience today

Hi All,

Here is my experince:
Arrived about 25 minutes earlier, our appointment was @ 8:15AM. Was called in @ 9:15AM approx. She asked me to raise my right hand and say "I shall say only the truth and noth but the truth.......". Asked me for my GC and my DL.
She then scanned barcodes in 3 diferent places on my file. I guess this starts the interview process on the system.

Asked me my name and she verified it from my birth cert. from a huge stack of papers(read my file) and ticked it on my N-400 Form. This birth cert. copy was from my I-485 from a 6-7 years back. (Pretty Amazing)
Asked me my address, she verified and ticked it on the N-400
Asked me if I was married?
Asked me my spouse's name, verified it on N-400
Asked me how many children did I have?
Asked me when did I go out of the country the last time?
Next she asked me to sign on the side of the 2 pictures that I had sent in with my N-400 form.
While she was going thru my file, asked me the questions like :
Have I registered to vote,
Have I done drugs before,
Have I been deported before,
Have I escaped deportation before,
Am I willing to take up arms if I was required to fight for my country
Did I ever get arrested?
Do I file taxes every year?
Do I owe anything to the IRS?
Then she asked the following 6 qs:
Name of the National Anthem?
What happened on 9/11?
What is the law?
At what Age can a person vote?
What are the 13 stripes on the flag represent?
What is the ocean on the west coast of the US?
As I was answering she was writing down my answers.
Asked me to read: "How many senators are there?"
Asked me to write: "There one hundred senators"
After this she asked me to sign and print my name on the N400 and another form that she took a printout of.

At the end of this she made some entries on the computer, was not turned towards me so I could not see anything and she handed me a N-652 form with 2 ticks. One saying I passed the history and civics test and the other stated: "Congrats......recomended for approval...."

While handing this over she said you will be notified by mail for your "next interview", and I was like What!(somehow managed not to utter the word) but did clarify "You mean oath?" and she said yes.

The whole interview was over within 15 minutes.

The interview letter asked to carry: DL, GC, and Passport(current and earlier), she asked for my GC and DL, but never asked for my Passport. My YL asked me to bring my DL and all docs. for my arrests and disposition docs. Shce she asked me if I was ever arrested, I answered "no" as she never uttered the word "cited". She never asked for those docs. Hope this is ok, somthing inside me tells me I should have said "not arrested but cited for traffic violations(all speeding) and here are the docs....etc. etc." Hope this does not delay/cause problems in my road to becoming USC.

Wife also had similar experience, both of us where in and out in 15 minutes or even less with the same outcome!

-Still

Oath done today

-----------------------------------------------

Application Support Center: Cincinnati, OH
GC: Nov 2007
N-400
3/07/13: PD
3/29/13: FP Done
4/02/13: In line for Interviewing scheduling
4/09/13: Interview Scheduled
5/16/13: Interview Date / Passed
6/03/13: Scheduled for oath ceremony
6/20/13: Oath Done
6/20/13: Passport Applied

I wonder am I the last man standing?

Interview done and Recommended for approval.
I have been impressed with the Orlando office. Ours was a very good experience. We arrived 20 mins early got checked in and were called on time for interview. 8 am for me 8:30 for my wife.
I was sworn in by my interviewer a really nice ex marine. Basically told me everything was a formality and as our case was straight forward we would be approved. Gave me the test as we chatted and he did the paper work.
Who was 1st Prez
What is capital of my state
When do celebrate independence
What last day to send in Taxes
What is capital of USA
Who is current Prez
Signed my photo's and the form that they use for the certificate
he gave me the form with the results check on passed test and recommended for approval and I was done. Took about 30 mins cause We chatted while he filled out the paper work. All in all a really cool experience.
My wife went about same way even same questions her's took 45 mins cause her guy was slow and meticulous with her paper work. she had to get police report cause fP did not take twice.
Now we wait for Oath letter. Wanted a 4th of July at Disney but they don't do that any more cause Disney upped charges.