2013 Feb N 400 Tracker

Amat,
When is your interview date ? Please come back and tell us about your experience after the interview.

All,
I have a situation here and need some help:
I received my 10yr GC in Nov.2012 for a wrong residency date that could have put me about 6 months up to file my Citizenship. Instead of Feb 2012, it stated August 2012 and upon with the advise of some friends, sent it back with the form to get it corrected at no charge in Dec 2012. I got the receipt letter from USCIS but have not received the corrected GC yet but I went on and filed for my citizenship anyway with the proof of my 2 yr GC showing the USCIS mistake on the 10yr GC.
Everything is going as scheduled and even been set for interview by end of April in ATL.
Question: I have been told that I will be asked to turn in my 10yr GC at the interview- If I have not received my replacement back yet by the interview date, will that affect my interview ? OR
Do you all think that USCIS just chose not to replace it since I have filed for citizenship and as such may not be getting back any replacement card ?
Any advice or what should I expect ?

Yellow Letter

Yesterday I received yellow letter mentioning to take my ID/DL to the Interview.

Anybody knows how long it takes to get Interview letter after the Yellow letter?

Received the email that my interview has been scheduled.

On April 9, 2013, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview.

Just got email of being scheduled for interview and wait for interview letter. See my signature.

All,
I have a situation here and need some help:
I received my 10yr GC in Nov.2012 for a wrong residency date that could have put me about 6 months up to file my Citizenship. Instead of Feb 2012, it stated August 2012 and upon with the advise of some friends, sent it back with the form to get it corrected at no charge in Dec 2012. I got the receipt letter from USCIS but have not received the corrected GC yet but I went on and filed for my citizenship anyway with the proof of my 2 yr GC showing the USCIS mistake on the 10yr GC.
Everything is going as scheduled and even been set for interview by end of April in ATL.
Question: I have been told that I will be asked to turn in my 10yr GC at the interview- If I have not received my replacement back yet by the interview date, will that affect my interview ? OR
Do you all think that USCIS just chose not to replace it since I have filed for citizenship and as such may not be getting back any replacement card ?
Any advice or what should I expect ?

I do NOT think that the USCIS chose not to replace your GC (remember that all permanent resident should carry their GC with them at all times). On the receipt for the replacement, does it say how long it would take to replace a card? Four months seem like a long time for a simple correction, so I would just ping them and ask what's going on.

Then for your interview, be prepared to document that you had your GC corrected and document your efforts to get the corrected card (i.e. what date you called USCIS to ask about it etc).

No it did not say how long on the receipt for the replacement but I visited USCIS office for my N-400 FP, and mentioned that to them and they went and just stamped my passport with I-551.
a.) By the way, do you know if they have to run it through FBI check again that could be causing the delay.
B.) If one got called for N-400 interview, does that mean USCIS have got back the FBI report and its clean ?

YL Recd.

YL received yesterday for my spouse asking to bring DL or a state issued photo id.

Interesting, as she had selected "No" for the "citation question" as she was never cited.
She was involved in a minor accident in her office parking lot, but the officer never issued her any citation.
This is probably because the incident took place in a private facility.
We did recieve the accident event report in mail a few weeks after the incident, have preserved it, just in case.
I also got her 7 years driving record from DMV, which shows "no incidents".

We were expecting a YL for her asking to bring her Marriage Cert. as she had requested for her name change.
Strange are the ways of ....................:

But happy to see some activity in exactly after the last one.

-Still

I did not receive YL either, even though my interview has been scheduled. Some people do receive, some others do not. Waiting for interview letter, hopefully today.

Received the Interview letter today. Interview is on 06/03/2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
Labrea, you are not the only one. I sent my N400 2 months ago, too...
And still in line for interview scheduling.. Miami office..