2013 Feb N 400 Tracker

Marusia_GC, thank you!!

Just for those who applied for US citizenship in February 2013: please look at my signature, and you may compare with how my citizenship process went. I believe it was pretty average - exactly 6 months from the date of application to the oath ceremony. I hope this information could be useful for those who have started this journey just recently. My advices - stay calm, be patient, study a little bit for test, prepare all documents required, say truth, and you will be fine! Now I realize that last year I was worrying toooo much, I thought that the citizenship process is very scary and kind of unfriendly, and that you have to prove by documents every word you write or say, so I prepared so many papers for all possible and impossible scenarios of the interview. I was deeply mistaken. Everything went pretty smoothly, and the IO was very friendly. Anyway, now I am happy that my naturalization process is in the past. But I am very sympathetic to you, guys, who have just applied and is waiting. Patience, and once more - patience!

What is LUD and DO? Also, how does one know which office their case is being processed at? Is that information in the 797 (NOA)?

Thank you, Marusia!
The one thing that puzzles me is this "prepare all documents required." that you mentioned.
So, what is very clear is the minimum set that is also written on the letter I received, namely: the letter itself, Driver Licence, Greencard, Passports.
What I am thoroughly confused about is what else to bring? Anybody ever needed to show the other things suggested here?
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?288288-Documents-needed-for-Naturalization

Just for those who applied for US citizenship in February 2013: please look at my signature, and you may compare with how my citizenship process went. I believe it was pretty average - exactly 6 months from the date of application to the oath ceremony. I hope this information could be useful for those who have started this journey just recently. My advices - stay calm, be patient, study a little bit for test, prepare all documents required,

My Green card runs out in July. Web page says Orlando estimates 7.3 months. Do I have to renew my green card?

02/21/13: N-400 Application mailed to Texas
02/25/13: N-400 Application delivered
03/01/13: uscis cashed check
03/07/13: FP notice recd
03/18/13: FP Done in Orlando
XX/XX/13: In line for interviewing scheduling
XX/XX/13: Interview Scheduled
XX/XX/13: Interview Done
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling que
XX/XX/13: Oath Letter received
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

2013 Feb N 400 Tracker

GC Since March 2008

2/12/13: N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX ( USPS - Express Mail - $19.95 ) / Both husband & wife
2/13/13: N-400 delivered
2/22/13: NOA received (Priority Date: 02/13/13 ) / Both
2/27/13: FP notice received / Both
3/04/13: FP scheduled - Done / Both
3/22/13: Interview appointment letter received / Both
4/24/13: Interview Scheduled / Both.....:):)
3/30/2013: Yellow Letter received - Both
4/24/2013: Interview done & Passed & Received Oath Ceremony Letter / Both
6/12/2013: Oath Ceremony
6/12/2013: Oath Ceremony done. Officially US Citizens. :cool::cool:
6/18/2013: Applied for passports / Both & Daughter
7/03/2013: Passport received for wife :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Marusia!
The one thing that puzzles me is this "prepare all documents required." that you mentioned.
So, what is very clear is the minimum set that is also written on the letter I received, namely: the letter itself, Driver Licence, Greencard, Passports.
What I am thoroughly confused about is what else to bring? Anybody ever needed to show the other things suggested here?
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?288288-Documents-needed-for-Naturalization
Take the documents mentioned in your Yellow letter (Driver's License in majority of cases), tax transcripts (if you have ever had troubles with taxes only; if not, no need to have them); green card, passport(s); any proofs that fines over $500 were paid (if you had any traffic violations); marriage & previous divorce certificates ( if there were any); birth certificates for children; proof that marriage is not fake (for those who get naturalized through marriage). I took membership cards in a number of societies related to my professional activities - the IO saw them and asked about them, but I guess this was a conversation to check my English. If you have any changes in your N400 after the time you applied, it's better to take proofs. For example, you started new job after application. Anyway, documents need to be specific for each case- use common sense. By the way, I moved to a different place in the same State shortly before applying for naturalization, but did not change my Driver's license. However, I got a white card at DMV which stated my new address. I had to show this card to IO together with my DL, because she wanted to verify my address.

I believe irvine2000 got interview scheduled too and both for Phoenix Lockbox
irvine2000, when is your interview date ?

-https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

When I go to that site, do I search for "Local Office"? I have done that in the past and have located my local office. But I assumed "DO" stood for something else. Just curious - why DO and not LO?

New update -

2/18/13 : N-400 mailed to Dallas Texas
03/05/13: NOA received
03/05/13: FP notice received
03/07/13: FP done(Walk In) Very Professional/Nice Lady did mine.
03/14/13: In line for interview scheduling
04/03/13: Interview scheduled
05/09/13: Interview done
05/09/13: Oath scheduling queue
05/09/13: Oath letter received
05/28/13: Oath Ceremony
/ / /: Applied for Passport
/ / /: Received Passport

Last edited by a moderator: