2012 February N-400 Tracker

I had my interview appointment this morning:

Experience:
Waited about 30 mins, got called ...

Questions asked: 1. Who wrote declaration of independence, 2. which state bordering Mexico, 3. Name three states part of original 13 states, 4. Who is Pres of U.S, 5. Which party he belongs, 6. Name the two political parties in US.
Asked to read: There are 50 states in US, and then write the same sentence.

After that he went through my application, I answered everything truthfully, a long laundry list of my tickets and stuff with extra sheets attached. The officer was a very polished person, I asked him, he said he was an Attorney, wow!

Well, tomorrow is my oath. A special thanks to everyone on this forum, you guys are all great. And best of wishes to our friend rjackal here on this february thread, and I am sure your tomorrow experience would be even greater ....

Congrats, litmu! Yes, thanks, my IV is tomorrow afternoon, I'm just double-checking my envelope of documents right now!

My Interview Experience - Detroit

It was easy as most others have said. I arrived 25 minutes early, went through security and signed in at the front desk. The large waiting room had about 20 other people waiting. I was called about 12 minutes after my appointment time of 1:30. One middle-aged lady that came out of the process seems to have failed her civics exam, based on the conversation the IO had with her and her son. My advice to non-native English speakers who are having trouble understanding the civics questions - don't go through it alone, have someone study with you and explain them to you in your native language.

I provided my GC, passports and driver's license. I had a bunch of other docs from "the checklist" on this forum but none were requested.
The IO was having problems with his computer system, he had to call tech support and said something like "CLAIMS keeps kicking me out of adjudication." Lots of mouse-clicking and repeated scanning of my NBC barcode. While he was on hold with tech support he asked me some of the application questions. He asked if I had ever been arrested and I said "No", then he followed up with if I'd ever been detained or ticketed by law enforcement. I said "Yes, a few speeding tickets." He asked if that was all, I said "Yes" and he moved on. I did not disclose any tickets on my N400 and did not have any proof that those tickets had been paid, but he didn't ask for any proof. The whole experience felt pretty informal.

The 6 civics questions were:
How often do we vote for President?
Who is the Speaker of the House now?
Who lived in the US before Europeans?
When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
Name one of the two longest rivers?
What are the first 10 amendments called?

Reading/writing was "Who was Abraham Lincoln" "Abraham Lincoln was President during the Civil War"

He said I was approved, I got the white N-652 and will receive the Oath Letter probably by the end of this week!
I was out of there 40 minutes after my appointed time.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was easy as most others have said. I arrived 25 minutes early, went through security and signed in at the front desk. The large waiting room had about 20 other people waiting. I was called about 12 minutes after my appointment time of 1:30. One middle-aged lady that came out of the process seems to have failed her civics exam, based on the conversation the IO had with her and her son. My advice to non-native English speakers who are having trouble understanding the civics questions - don't go through it alone, have someone study with you and explain them to you in your language.

I provided my GC, passports and driver's license. I had a bunch of other docs from "the checklist" on this forum but none were requested.
The IO was having problems with his computer system, he had to call tech support and said something like "CLAIMS keeps kicking me out of adjudication." Lots of mouse-clicking and repeated scanning of my NBC barcode. While he was on hold with tech support he asked me some of the application questions. He asked if I had ever been arrested and I said "No", then he followed up with if I'd ever been detained or ticketed by law enforcement. I said "Yes, a few speeding tickets." He asked if that was all, I said "Yes" and he moved on. I did not disclose any tickets on my N400 and did not have any proof that those tickets had been paid, but he didn't ask for any proof. The whole experience felt pretty informal.

Reading/writing was "Who was Abraham Lincoln" "Abraham Lincoln was President during the Civil War"

He said I was approved, I got the white N-652 and will receive the Oath Letter probably by the end of this week!
Thanks!

Congratulations!!!

Status updates - in line for oath

We (my son and I) both got status updated to oath scheduling. But as far as I know by the experience of some friends who were recently getting their naturalization, this still may take a few months here in St. Louis. By the way, does this mean that by now we have been finally approved, not just "recommended for approval"?

We (my son and I) both got status updated to oath scheduling. But as far as I know by the experience of some friends who were recently getting their naturalization, this still may take a few months here in St. Louis. By the way, does this mean that by now we have been finally approved, not just "recommended for approval"?

Congratulations Marusia. YOu will be scheduled in a week.

It was easy as most others have said. I arrived 25 minutes early, went through security and signed in at the front desk. The large waiting room had about 20 other people waiting. I was called about 12 minutes after my appointment time of 1:30. One middle-aged lady that came out of the process seems to have failed her civics exam, based on the conversation the IO had with her and her son. My advice to non-native English speakers who are having trouble understanding the civics questions - don't go through it alone, have someone study with you and explain them to you in your language.

Thanks!

Big Congratulations our friend rjackal and everyone else here. I know you all anxiously await the completion, but remember these are memorable moments ... an immigrants journey never ends.

Interview

I had my interview today, there were quite a few people in line but most of the interviews
were being completed within 10-15 mins and oath letter was handed to almost everybody.
I am scheduled for Oath on 6/25/2012.
Q1 . When do you register for Selective services
Q2. Which Ocean is on East coast.
Q3. What is freedom of religion.
Q4. How many senators are there?
Q5. Name one state which borders Canada.
I cant recall the last one.

I had my interview today, there were quite a few people in line but most of the interviews
were being completed within 10-15 mins and oath letter was handed to almost everybody.
I am scheduled for Oath on 6/25/2012.

Congratulations! You're in Detroit, right?
Let us know how oath goes.

i'm getting anxious about my case now!
This means there was an oath ceremony in Detroit on 6/20 and 6/25 and I wasn't invited to either! :confused:
I passed my interview and was approved on 6/12 and I was expecting to be done by now.

Congratulations! You're in Detroit, right?
Let us know how oath goes.

i'm getting anxious about my case now!
This means there was an oath ceremony in Detroit on 6/20 and 6/25 and I wasn't invited to either! :confused:
I passed my interview and was approved on 6/12 and I was expecting to be done by now.

Yes I am in Detroit, I am pretty sure you will get the oath letter in the mail in a day or two. IO did mention that they have put together 6/25 ceremony at the last minute.