• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2012 dv lottery winners from nigeria report here

Congrats! Tonnyblue, Your interview was brief. Please why the extra $165? I thought the visa fee is just $440 per head.

Thank you

Congrats! Tonnyblue, Your interview was brief. Please why the extra $165? I thought the visa fee is just $440 per head.

Thank you

That is just the conversion of dollar to Naira. 1dollar = 165 naira. And I paid for my wife, my daughter and I.

Thanks.

Thanks Please how did u resolve the issue of birth cert on your WAEC cert? Were you asked to bring waec scratch card?

Thanks Please how did u resolve the issue of birth cert on your WAEC cert? Were you asked to bring waec scratch card?

I guess you are referring to the issue of "wrong date of birth on my WAEC certificate". If so, I went to the embassy with the certificate of my Nov/Dec. WAEC and online printed copy of my May/June WAEC result that has wrong date of birth in its certificate. Also I stapled the waec scratch card but it was returned to me at the point of documents submission and verification. Note, I combined the two results to make the minimum qualification.

Thanks.

Hi all

Does anyone know of winner who has gone through cp with a letter of support in the following format;

I will receive and assist Mr X till he can stand on his own here in the US..

Mention status and your contacts pls and a copy of your payment check.

Your suggestions,inputs and opinions will be highly appreciated.

Please forgive me for sharing my experience a bit late.

My wife, my daughter and I got to embassy earlier than 7 am, the appointment time. We were called in and we made the payment of two hundred and seventeen thousand eight hundred naira ($440 x 3 x 165 naira) only.

The below documents were collected:

Medical document;
Police certificate;
Marriage certificate;
Degree Certificate and WAEC;
And Birth certificate.

NOTE: All these documents were carefully arranged and separated into different envelope by me before getting to the embassy such that when the guy requesting for each one, I called the envelope out and give him the requested one. This made the guy astonished and impressed.

The above stated documents were collected from me and my wife excluding the degree certificate from my wife because she has some month to finish her MBBS. While DS – 230 form for my child was also submitted.

I went with different back-up documents such as Traditional and White (Church) wedding album, wedding invitation, church wedding program’s booklet, my daughter’s naming ceremony album, pictures of my wife when she was pregnant, My wife’s affidavit of change of names, Copy of my wife’s publication of change of names in two newspaper, Affidavit of marriage, My Bachelor of Engineering graduation’s pictures and my NYSC certificate with the picture album.

We sat down and later, we were called to one of the window.

The Interview:

CO : Good morning
I : Good morning
CO : You are “ my full name”
I : Yes
CO : Passed all our original document to us except the international passports and asked us to keep it.
I : Thanks!
CO : Do u know what to do for me?
I : No!
CO : Shown me and my wife, the part to sign on our DS-230

My wife & I : We signed

CO : Asked who is to sign for my daughter on her DS-230
I : Signed
CO : Instructed me and my wife to do fingerprint.

My wife and I : We did fingerprint.

CO : Asked my wife to go and sit down

My wife : Sat very close to the window where I was interviewed.

CO : What is your highest qualification?
I : I have BEng. In ……………. Engineering and I graduated in year …………..
CO : Your document read that you have experience in your field of study, What do u do now?
I : I stated where ‘am working, the job title, mentioned my job responsibilities and inputted all my past job experience.

NOTE : I was first frightened because I prepared to answer question on education. Later I remembered that I filled the experience part of my DSP-122 and DS-230. Meanwhile, I did not give him chance to scrutinize me while I was saying everything about my work experience.

CO : OK ! ! ! That’s all right
I : Thanks!
CO : You registered for the lottery as married while your marriage certificate read a date after the registration. What transpired?

I : It is well understood in my culture that traditional marriage precede the court or the church marriage. In the light of this, our traditional marriage had taken place before the registration of marriage in the registry as law requested and also before church marriage as our doctrine preaches. Therefore, my wife and I have been blessed as couple traditionally before the lottery registration. I have evidence to buttress my points, Sir.

CO : What is it?
I : Our traditional marriage album and our white wedding album.
CO : Let me see it.

I : I brought out a big picture album that has our traditional wedding pictures shows my wife and I in native attire and in the presence of both parents. I started flipping the album to show different pictures and telling the CO about the people in the album. I opened about five pages of interesting traditional pictures in front and I skipped into white wedding’s pictures at the middle of the album. I continued telling him about the people in the picture.
NOTE: I was in a lighter mood, very audible and I made sure that I commanded the audience around me. Suddenly I noticed that the CO was typing something on his computer.

CO : OK! Who is to pick the visa?
I : Answered
CO : Showed me the address on the white sheet
I : A white sheet collected.

I am using this opportunity to thanks all the concerned forumites.

ADVICE : My gentle words goes to the forumites who are preparing for visa interview, please be courageous and be firm in your speeches during the interview.
Ensure your documents are intact and probe yourself before the main interview.

For married applicants, relate to each other as couple at the interview venue not as distant relatives. Who knows the official watching?

I noticed that some applicants in this forum that failed the visa interview are derivatives. They are not the principal applicant. Please permit me if I made wrong justification on this perception. However, it is highly advisable for the beneficiary of this forum to invite his or her primary applicant to be active in the forum. I read a lot of forum’s trends and I posted my concerns for forumites to help.

Thanks and best regards,

Tonnyblue

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wellcome to OBAMA LAND

hi guys

Congrats to all those have had a successful interviews and best of luck to those on the waiting list. the forum is deserted, wehat is happening is there no more winners from nigeria? pls ask questions and make contributions....................... God bless!

Congrats to all those have had a successful interviews and best of luck to those on the waiting list. the forum is deserted, wehat is happening is there no more winners from nigeria? pls ask questions and make contributions....................... God bless!

@Heavenborn, so na so life be? U and kennyEast just go Yankee come live una friend abi? God dey sha.
So how are u doing . Its been a along time bro. My wife was asking abt u last week nd i told her u are doing fine but its been long i heared from u.
I hope u are fine. Pls this is my email add: oviestanley@yahoo.com. Let me av yours so dat we can chart. Take care. One Love!

error on ds-122 form

Hello i A̶̲̥̅♏ currently in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ third year in the university here in nigeria but did fill in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ university in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ educational history in the forms sent to KCC.do u think i shouldn't bother mentioning it anylonger wen i go Fǿя̩̥̊ the interview or i should tell them wnt there be a problem Fǿя̩̥̊ me askin why it wasn't previously filled in the forms sent over in the first place urgent reply is needed M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ interview is in less than 2 weeks.

Hi Ovicity

@Heavenborn, so na so life be? U and kennyEast just go Yankee come live una friend abi? God dey sha.
So how are u doing . Its been a along time bro. My wife was asking abt u last week nd i told her u are doing fine but its been long i heared from u.
I hope u are fine. Pls this is my email add: oviestanley@yahoo.com. Let me av yours so dat we can chart. Take care. One Love![/QUOTE

my broda how far, how are u and ur family?
it's been a while now, i was actually away for this long bcos of job and trying to settle into the life here.
just getting forward to from the background, America is not bed of roses but hardwork pays off at the end. ust like i have said before, that America is not an end on it's self but a means to an end. my email is nnajijc@verizon.com, hope to hear from you soon..... my regards to ur family.

OZA i still dey ur side o!

I hope u are fine. Pls this is my email add: oviestanley@yahoo.com. Let me av yours so dat we can chart. Take care. One Love![/QUOTE

it's been a while now, i was actually away for this long bcos of job and trying to settle into the life here.
just getting forward to from the background, America is not bed of roses but hardwork pays off at the end. ust like i have said before, that America is not an end on it's self but a means to an end. my email is nnajijc@verizon.com, hope to hear from you soon..... my regards to ur family.

Ovie how far, how i want take forget u now? how eko and ur family?

@Heavenborn, dont worry bro, d God dat took u there has a purpose. Its just a matter of time nd u will know God's plan 4 ur life. Just be focus nd alws remember where u came 4rm. U av families at home who are looking up 2 u. I know u can make it bro nd so alws put dat in mind. We will chat more later. Stay blessed. One Love.

We are family

Ovie how far, how i want take forget u now? how eko and ur family?

Kenny we dey ooo. I dey c how u don become Americana. Pls, dont live this forum. Winners will still need ur help nd contributions. May 1st don near finish bro. God go make us win this time. I thank God u are ok. My wife alws dey ask abt u nd Heavenborn. We go meet 4 there oneday by HIS GRACE.

Second batch in DV-2012 for Africa

The maximum possible rank number scheduled in Cairo for May is AF42488 ( http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/iv8.html ) while cutoff for May is 50,000 for Africa. It is definitely much lower than cutoff.
The number of interview scheduled in Cairo also decreased in May (22 interviwes) versus April (64 interviews)
I suspect that the visa numbers exhausted for Africa. I think there is going to be a second batch of African winners in DV-2012. I suspect the maxumum possible number ever shown to winners is not more than AF43000. The problem is I see some people on the forum from Africa for DV-2012 rank number higher than 43000, even higher that 51000. I saw someone with rank number around AF75000. That contradicts my suspicion. Or it is just an exagerration and the real numbers are lower.

I want you guys with rank number higher than 43,000 to double check you are in fact higher and I want you to tell me if your interview has already been scheduled.

How many months

Hello my peeps,
this year result get as e be o, we don't really understand what is happening, I guess there is something wrong some where.

Meanwhile, let me use this medium to ask house this question, if a dv winner enter USA in July being the expiring date on his visa, how many months can he be in US before coming back again, is it possible for him to come back after 1month, 2 months or 3months or more than that.

Your reply is highly welcome.

Thanks.

a question

you people that were selected during the 2nd drawing where you notified by e mail back then that there was a second drawing and that u need to recheck your status? I just received an e mail now 2 months before expiration date that i am selected and i am upset about it....

Hello my peeps,
this year result get as e be o, we don't really understand what is happening, I guess there is something wrong some where.

Meanwhile, let me use this medium to ask house this question, if a dv winner enter USA in July being the expiring date on his visa, how many months can he be in US before coming back again, is it possible for him to come back after 1month, 2 months or 3months or more than that.

Your reply is highly welcome.

Thanks.[/QUO

Once you have your GC you can leave but you shouldn't spend more than 6 months outside US else your 5years count for citizenship will have to restart.
I left for 5 months when I got my GC

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Travel to the USA for 2 weeks to activate visa.

Hi everyone,
I am new in the forum but I find it very informative.
I am a 2012 DV winner and I got my visa already.However I am currently living in a foreign country and it will take me a while to clear before relocating.What I want to know is;
1.Can I travel to the USA together with my family for 2 weeks only and activate our visas and then come back and clear up a few things then relocate permanently in 4-5 months time?
2.How would I be able to travel back again to the USA as I doubt if I will have received my green card in two weeks time?Are there forms I need to fill or any re entry permit before leaving the USA?Or can the card be mailed to me by my host?
3.Will these have any negative implication in future in case I decide to apply for naturalization?
Thanks in advance.

Forumite,

My best friend wife won visa lottery as single , and they are both legally married since 2010.

The woman in question included her husband data and their wedding date in DS-230. And the husband is a beneficiary in the notification of interview letter. They have no child.

Both of them secretly went to court to wed but the real traditional wedding which is recognized by the parents and their tradition was done after dvisa registration.

My own interview experience was that " I registered as married while my marriage certificate read a date after registration. During my interview I told CO that I had married traditionally which is the major marriage in my culture and living with my wife, but went and formalize it after the registration.
My traditional and court wedding pictures were shown to the CO and we were given the Visa.

Dear forumite, what is the best answer to their expected question concerning their marriage.

Best regards,