• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2012 dv lottery winners from nigeria report here

Hello guys,I would like to ask if i would need police report from Nigeria because i'm based in Finland. I have lived here for 7 months and maybe before i current, i would have lived for 1 year. I am still on my form and hopefully i will send it to KCC within the coming week.

Hello guys,I would like to ask if i would need police report from Nigeria because i'm based in Finland. I have lived here for 7 months and maybe before i current, i would have lived for 1 year. I am still on my form and hopefully i will send it to KCC within the coming week.

You will need a police record from every country that you have lived since you turned 16. You will need this for your interview, not to be sent to KCC with the forms.

Can i get police report from the police in Nigeria while i'm not physically present. Can someone get it on my behalf.

DV lottery result website Problem Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi i have been trying to check my result and other friends of mine since yesterday at DV lottery website but i keep having problem as it keep saying that

"We are experiencing technical difficulties at this time."

Is there anyone who is experiencing similar problem or just me????. Or could this be my web browser problem?? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I cant wait to check my result and for my friends.

what am i doing wrong with checking my result. I will like to hear from those who have similar problem or Is it just Me??

Last edited by a moderator:
Capiti
NO . Your physical present is required. You can go to the country you are currently residing now if you are legal residence there and do your finger print in police station (Head quarters) if in UK. that is acceptable. 90% accurate but please check further may be things has change since then .

Hi i have been trying to check my result and other friends of mine since yesterday at DV lottery website but i keep having problem as it keep saying that

"We are experiencing technical difficulties at this time."

Is there anyone who is experiencing similar problem or just me????. Or could this be my web browser problem?? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I cant wait to check my result and for my friends.

what am i doing wrong with checking my result. I will like to hear from those who have similar problem or Is it just Me??

Yeah the status link is experiencing difficulties on all websites..IE/Mozilla, so you might need to wait a while till it starts working again. When it will start working, nobody knows

I would like to thank for the all the winners DV 2012.Those who do not get a chance, try again in the next time.do not ever give up .

Guys in the house i would like to ask if it is necessary to include nursery and primary school attended information when filling the form.

@Capiti
No, Your qualifications start from high school or secondary school diploma. They dont care about your primary school certificate.

Please what do you suggest, kindly advise me.

I have submitted my filled forms to the KCC. I did not fill in any change of status form because I am still single. But I am getting married in December 2011. Do you think I can still present it during my interview if it falls after December, or do I just go there as a single? Please help.

Entered: 05/10/2010
Selected: 01/05/2011
Case No: 2012AF00017***
Submitted NL: 06/05/2011

Special cases, additional info

Special case : getting married either after DV entry submission or after NL

It’s not a problem. It’s not considered fraud : you didn’t lie in your entry, it happened after.
Getting married with your significant other is your decision. If you were thinking about getting married, then you should marry before your interview. If you don’t, it will take years for you to sponsor your spouse.
Just be prepared to show proofs that you were together ( not just a GC marraige ). You might not be asked for them, but remember that I prefer things to be safe.
Those proofs can be:
_ emails ( date )
_ pictures ( date behind is better ) : showing both of you at family events, on vacation …
_ bills , appartment lease ….

I had chosen to wait after my marriage to send the forms back to KCC. Which means I sent my forms in OCtober : it was probably a little late, and may have caused the delay for me to get an interview ( my number was current in April , but I had my interview only in June ).
Some choose to send their forms as single asap, so that the forms start being processed. Then they get married ( thus, they had more time than me to plan the weeding ceremony ! ), and they send again their forms ( corrected : married ) along with forms for the spouse and a marriage certificate.

Anyway, if that's your decision, get married before the interview.

Special case : Spouse does not want to immigrate.

If you are the winner ( principal applicant ), and your spouse does not want to move to the US, then everything’s fine.
However, if the spouse changes his/her mind later on, it's too late. The visa has to be granted by Sept 30th. It will take years for a GC holder to sponsor his/her spouse.
If your spouse is the winner, then the spouse still has to go to the interview, pay for the visa, and go to the US to activate your visa.

Special Case : Birth of a child

_ The child is born after your entry submission, but before receiving the NL : simple, you just had the child in the forms.
_ The child is born after you sent back the forms : you print new ones, update them, and them to KCC along with a cover letter to explain ( you may want to add a birth certificate, but you would still need one for the interview )
_ Your interview is scheduled very close to the delivery date : have the interview scheduled for later, when the child is born so that he/she would get a GC too.
_ You went to the interview, the child is not yet born : that's more a problem : you should go to the US asap, so that the child is born as a USC. However, if you were not living in the US with medical insurance, that can be very expensive.

I think the child has to have a passport, and there would be the fees for him too ( visa fees of $755, and medical exam ).

US tax returns

Transcripts for federal returns can be obtained by calling (800)–829–1040 or by mailing form 4506-T (PDF), and should be received within approx two weeks . There is no charge.
But if you want a copy of the forms you sent to the IRS, then there is a fee of $39 per tax year requested.
You usually do not need a copy. A transcript is enough : it's a piece of paper that summarizes your return into a standard format so that's easy to read for an immigration officer.
Remember that the USCIS is not the IRS. Meaning that an immigration officer just wants to see if you filed ( complied with tax laws ) or not. A transcript is a true proof that you filed, as it comes from the IRS. If you bring a photocopy you made of your returns ( here, I mean a copy made by you, not a copy you would have paid for to obtain from the IRS ), it does not necessarily mean you filed a return.
Also, if you made a few mistakes ( wrong form, late filing ...), the immigration officer won't probably notice if the IRS hasn't.

Transcripts for state taxes also exist. See your State's Department of Revenue.

You may or may not be asked for them. I wasn't for CP in Paris, but maybe that's because my husband and I were students ( F1 ).

the DV 2012 is changed with the DV2011, CN for 2011 in Africa was ~~ 94000 and for Asia was ~~48000, so according the new winners CN in Asia for DV 2011 is ~16000 and for Africa is ~ 18000.
so the time tables will chaged, and we can not say for 2012AF6000 goes for interview inOctober.

the DV 2012 is changed with the DV2011, CN for 2011 in Africa was ~~ 94000 and for Asia was ~~48000, so according the new winners CN in Asia for DV 2011 is ~16000 and for Africa is ~ 18000.
so the time tables will chaged, and we can not say for 2012AF6000 goes for interview inOctober.

where did you get that information ?

case number

Howdy,I was amongst those lucky to be selected for further processing in the dv 2012.pls when or how soon wld I recieve an invite for an interview?My case number is 2012AF****3***.The instruction on the form i.e dsp-122 says "using the enclosed self-adhesive return address label immediately send this form to ....".pls what does this mean?Am I supposed to use an envolepe addressed the normal,standard way i.e reciepient's address in front

Na wah o!:):cool::D
God is too Good,
unbelievable, my wife and i won
my case number is Case Number: 2012AF00012***
my wife Case Number: 2012AF00007***
I am in Nigeria with my family
Can anybody help with an expert in Nigeria who can help and give professional assistance processing the Visa.

My email address is get2abbey@gmail.com

my advise to those who want apply for 2013,i applied for my wife and i some few mins the DV application officially opened;)

Hi,
congrats on been selected.
U actually don't need any "expert" to guide u through. Just follow all the instructions as given on DV Lottery site and u can keep in touch on this Ghanian thread and dat of Nigeria.
Cheers!

Problem with DV 2011 Lottery result web site

Hi ALL
Can anybody explain to me why the dv lottery web site is still down and for how long.

I have yet to check my result and for my siblings. Does this mean that the result is over

for this year as the web site has been down since over 1 week now?

Hi,
congrats on been selected.
U actually don't need any "expert" to guide u through. Just follow all the instructions as given on DV Lottery site and u can keep in touch on this Ghanian thread and dat of Nigeria.
Cheers!
hi select, how is NY. hope very fine, how come the forum by adediran have not been seen by me all this while. please can i still locate it or what is actually happening. stay cool bro. i still dey work make i get small money.

Hi ALL
Can anybody explain to me why the dv lottery web site is still down and for how long.

I have yet to check my result and for my siblings. Does this mean that the result is over

for this year as the web site has been down since over 1 week now?

No one has any idea, just speculations. You should try calling and finding out , that is the surest know to know.