• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2012 dv lottery winners from nigeria report here

Hey guys good work in here.I stumbled on this site out of anxiety before the Ist of May and I really like what I am getting.

"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below"

Pls does this statement mean I can still be selected?
Cos It seems all my guys also got the message and one of them said it is a batch by batch thingy
My Brethren pls help trash the issue....I believe in you guys

What Is The Next Step If I Win The DV Lottery?

All the DV lottery applications will be numbered separately at the Kentucky Consular Center. A computer will randomly select from the applications for each geographic region. All the applications have the same chance of getting selected in this lottery program. Those selected will receive appointment letters from the Kentucky Consular Center four to six weeks before the interview with the US consular officers overseas. The selected applicants will then have to pay all immigrant visa fees in person at the US embassy or Consulate at the time of visa application.

If you are selected in the DV lottery, you will be required to submit a formal application and undergo further processing to get a immigrant visa. If you are already in the US, you can adjust your status and then the final process would be requesting a green card. If you win the lottery and want to adjust status in the US, ensure that you file the application as soon as the Ranking number is current on the Visa Bulletin as the visas are issued on a first come, first served basis.

You have to respond to the electronic notice from the Kentucky Consular Center or you might not benefit from having won the DV lottery. If you do not respond well ahead of the deadline mentioned, chances are that your application can be rejected. In such a case, you will have to re- apply. You must prove that you can support yourself financially once in the U.S. and are admissible .

Winning entrants will receive notification instructions for the DV lottery visa application process on the confirmation page available through Entry Status Check on the E-DV website www.dvlottery.state.gov. Per the instructions, the selected applicants have to pay all diversity and immigrant visa fees in person only at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at the time of the visa application. The consular cashier or consular officer will give the visa applicant a U.S. Government receipt for the payment made. If you are applying for an immigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate, do not send money for DV fees through the mail, Western Union, or any other service. Selected applicants who are already present in the United States and who file for adjustment of status will receive separate instructions on how to submit DV fees to a US bank.

The KCC, consular offices, or the U.S. Government have never and never will send e-mails to notify individuals that they have been selected. Selected entrants will only receive e-mail communications from the KCC informing them that a visa appointment has been scheduled after they have responded to the notification instructions on Entry Status Check. Such e-mails will direct the selected applicants to check their interview appointment details on Entry Status Check and it will not contain information on the actual appointment date and time.

If you are selected, you have to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This proof can be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from a friend or relative in the United States, and/or an offer of employment from an employer in the US.

Hello all, i was among those selected.I cant stop appreciating God almighty. My case number is 2012AF00004xxx. I applied when i was in Nigeria, but i am in Europe now. Where will i do my interview and when will be my interview based on my case number.
Also, when will they start sending the letters to us to begin processing. Hope to hear from you guys.

Congratulations . Please can you state the date you entered the lottery. Just Check your confirmation page, it is stated there.

Hey guys good work in here.I stumbled on this site out of anxiety before the Ist of May and I really like what I am getting.

"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below"

Cos It seems all my guys also got the message and one of them said it is a batch by batch thingy

Congratulations . Please can you state the date you entered the lottery. Just Check your confirmation page, it is stated there.

I dont think you won the lottery because that was what i received during the last dv lottery. Keep trying and never give up.

Hey am glad to be here !!! Lucky me i was selected for the visa stuff but i kinda have some mix up with my names. I was born in a spanish speaking country, and my birth certificate reads Jaime as my first name (meaning James in spanish). I came into Nigeria in 2001 for my secondary and tertiary education which i am now done with. During this period i used James instead of Jaime and this appears in both my SSCE certificate and University Statement of result including my international passport. But during the Dv application i used Jaime. I would like to know if this could be a problem during my visa interview. Or what do you guys think i should do.

Hey am glad to be here !!! Lucky me i was selected for the visa stuff but i kinda have some mix up with my names. I was born in a spanish speaking country, and my birth certificate reads Jaime as my first name (meaning James in spanish). I came into Nigeria in 2001 for my secondary and tertiary education which i am now done with. During this period i used James instead of Jaime and this appears in both my SSCE certificate and University Statement of result including my international passport. But during the Dv application i used Jaime. I would like to know if this could be a problem during my visa interview. Or what do you guys think i should do.

i seriously have no idea, hope someone chips in...but seriously though why would you use a name that is different from your birth certificate on official documents like your transcript??!!?

Gudluck to all those that were selected! And better luck next time to those that was not! Dadadada u are really a great job in here for helping the guyz out here. The only thing i want to tell those selected is that they should take things calm, and get the instruction first and every other thing can now follow. We have people who have experiences and are willing to put u thru without any cost. Please do not patronise anyone that ask u for money or anything! We do not pay anyone for any information in here. So let no conner u! If u have any challenges, just post them here and justice will be done to those challenges. Gudluck and God bless!

Ghanaian student in US who was selected forthe VISA lottery

Hello my fellow bros and sis from Nigeria

Sorry for hijacking your thread. Like my title says. I am a Ghanaian presently studying in the US. I heard about the lottery last year and applied while I was in collge ( I am in my 2nd year in College in the US). I checked today and found that I am a selectee ( number is 00021xxx). I really thank GOD. Despite my imperfection he continues to shower HIS GRACE on me. I didn't realize how lucky I was till I checked the number of ppl that applied.

I started reading the gov website, and am really confused. I however know that I have a process which is slightly different from the normal ( Change of status ). I am confused about what I have to do next. Would anyone be kind enough to walk me through the next steps to help me better understand what I am reading on the website. Also, I had an internship in Europe for the summer, and I am worried that I may be called for an interview while I am away. I get back in August.

Thank You

Sorry for hijacking your thread. Like my title says. I am a Ghanaian presently studying in the US. I heard about the lottery last year and applied while I was in collge ( I am in my 2nd year in College in the US). I checked today and found that I am a selectee ( number is 00021xxx). I really thank GOD. Despite my imperfection he continues to shower HIS GRACE on me. I didn't realize how lucky I was till I checked the number of ppl that applied. This was my first try.

I started reading the gov website, and am really confused. I however know that I have a process which is slightly different from the normal ( Change of status ). I am confused about what I have to do next. Would anyone be kind enough to walk me through the next steps to help me better understand what I am reading on the website. Also, I had an internship in Europe for the summer, and I am worried that I may be called for an interview while I am away. I get back in August.

Thank You

Sorry for hijacking your thread. Like my title says. I am a Ghanaian presently studying in the US. I heard about the lottery last year and applied while I was in collge ( I am in my 2nd year in College in the US). I checked today and found that I am a selectee ( number is 00021xxx). I really thank GOD. Despite my imperfection he continues to shower HIS GRACE on me. I didn't realize how lucky I was till I checked the number of ppl that applied. This was my first try.

Thank You

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4762.html hope this helps

Na wah o!:):cool::D
God is too Good,
unbelievable, my wife and i won
my case number is Case Number: 2012AF00012***
my wife Case Number: 2012AF00007***
I am in Nigeria with my family
Can anybody help with an expert in Nigeria who can help and give professional assistance processing the Visa.

My email address is get2abbey@gmail.com

my advise to those who want apply for 2013,i applied for my wife and i some few mins the DV application officially opened;)

Na wah o!:):cool::D
God is too Good,
unbelievable, my wife and i won
my case number is Case Number: 2012AF00012***
my wife Case Number: 2012AF00007***
I am in Nigeria with my family
Can anybody help with an expert in Nigeria who can help and give professional assistance processing the Visa.

My email address is get2abbey@gmail.com

my advise to those who want apply for 2013,i applied for my wife and i some few mins the DV application officially opened;)

Congrats donchichi , the Lord is awesome indeed. I would advise you to have a look at previous Nigerian threads , http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?322102-Dv-2011-winners-from-nigeria-report-here it contains a lot of helpful info about how to get documents and how to continue the process, if something isn't clear then you could ask questions pertaining to that. Getting an ''expert'' outside of these forum may require you to pay money for something you could get for free by having patience and reading through these threads, its your choice though . A big congrats to you and your wife once more

its like there are still chances of winning bcos the site said you can still check status till june 2012.

Hello all, i am trying to fill my form but i want to be cleared on an issue. I am an HND holder and am presently studying a bachelors degree in Finland.I want to know if i should tick the column that state - college (no degree) or the column that states- university degree. Which one is appropriate for me to tick.
-Also do i need to include my professional qualification because i am a graduate member of the Nigerian institute of management (NIM) and also a student member of chartered institute of bankers of Nigeria (CIBN)
-Also in the PART II - SWORN STATEMENT, they asked for Name and Address of Petitioner. What do they mean by that statement...Hope to hear from you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, i am trying to fill my form but i want to be cleared on an issue. I am an HND holder and am presently studying a bachelors degree in Finland.I want to know if i should tick the column that state - college (no degree) or the column that states- university degree. Which one is appropriate for me to tick.
-Also do i need to include my professional qualification because i am a graduate member of the Nigerian institute of management (NIM) and also a student member of chartered institute of bankers of Nigeria (CIBN)
-Also in the PART II - SWORN STATEMENT, they asked for Name and Address of Petitioner. What do they mean by that statement...Hope to hear from you guys.

HND goes to university degree.
The petitioner is the principal applicant(the DV winner) so you are the petitioner............