2012 august n-400 tracker

pk2007, it really depends on your district office . If DO is busy like Atlanta, NYC when 2-3 months wait period from in- line to scheduled is very possible , if DO is not busy then from in- line to scheduled could take couple of days . From in- line to scheduled in my case it only took a couple of days ( 6 days to be exact , but there was Labor day ) and one month and 5 days to actual interview date . You might want to check trackitt website and see how long in average it takes people from your DO to be scheduled . It might give you good idea :)

Thanks. Regarding your case I think you will get your interview most likely scheduled during your visit to India. I applied -90days before my anniversary date so my case moved slowly and I am expecting interview either in 2nd or 3rd week of November, but in your case you had applied -30d before your ann date so actually you should have already been scheduled for an interview by now, to be actually interviewed in mid November. But don't worry I think by end of next week you should also get you case status changed to in-line for interview.

Based on my wife's case and reading 1000s of posts on these forum since 2006- till now, I think from the day your case status changes to "in-line for interview scheduling" it usually takes from few hours to up to one week to change to "interview scheduled" and then it takes anywhere from 1 day to 1 week to get an actual paper letter mentioning the interview date. And on the paper letter they usually allow you 1 month time between date on the letter and date of interview.

So lets say if you get a paper letter by last week of Oct then your interview date will be in the end of Nov, and if that is the case you might have to either postpone your trip to India or postpone your interview. You will have to decide which one is of prime importance to you.

The gist based on observed trend is as follows (obviously there are so many exceptions):

In-line for interview scheduling ----- 1week------> Interview Scheduled ----- 1week------> IL Received ----- 1month------> Actual Interview.

That's my understanding though.

Mogambo: Congratulations... not sure when my case sees the light... now that my india trip date is nearing, I am hoping that they will delay it a bit further so that it does not fall during the my trip (nov 18th - dec 13th).

does any one have an idea how long it takes between when it changes to "in line for interview" to "scheduled" to "actual interview"?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Regarding your case I think you will get your interview most likely scheduled during your visit to India. I applied -90days before my anniversary date so my case moved slowly and I am expecting interview either in 2nd or 3rd week of November, but in your case you had applied -30d before your ann date so actually you should have already been scheduled for an interview by now, to be actually interviewed in mid November. But don't worry I think by end of next week you should also get you case status changed to in-line for interview.

Based on my wife's case and reading 1000s of posts on these forum since 2006- till now, I think from the day your case status changes to "in-line for interview scheduling" it usually takes from few hours to up to one week to change to "interview scheduled" and then it takes anywhere from 1 day to 1 week to get an actual paper letter mentioning the interview date. And on the paper letter they usually allow you 1 month time between date on the letter and date of interview.

So lets say if you get a paper letter by last week of Oct then your interview date will be in the end of Nov, and if that is the case you might have to either postpone your trip to India or postpone your interview. You will have to decide which one is of prime importance to you.

The gist based on observed trend is as follows (obviously there are so many exceptions):

In-line for interview scheduling ----- 1week------> Interview Scheduled ----- 1week------> IL Received ----- 1month------> Actual Interview.

That's my understanding though.

Yeah, if my interview falls during the time of scheduled India visit, I will postpone the interview. Lets hope it happens either before or after it so that I dont have to mess up the flow.

I did ask but IO said that KY don't do Oath appointment on the spot or same day Oath . All naturalization applicant go through court :(
Its ok Laluna

When it is all said and done, you will like the fact that you had to go through the judiciary oath ceremony, it is more formal, and very pleasant and memorable one, better than the administrative one. i went through it few years back. take lots of pix.
Congrats!!!

Thanks. I am expecting very hard scrutiny (screwing :)) of my case during interview due to my 9 trips abroad (family member health reason) out of which 2 were around 4-5 months long. Even though my immediate family was in USA all these times and I had been filing taxes every year, have a consultant job and have mortgage and lease in my name till Jan 2011. Still have Verizon's Fios in my name. that produces monthly bills, credit card bills to support my case.

BTW are you referring to the mogambo character in 1953 english movie or desi character in Indian movie. Anyways mogambo really tab khush hoga jab usko OCI bhi mil jayega.
You will be fine man. I think they held up your application just because your 5 year anniversary is on November 1, they don't want to interview you before then and then have to tell you " we will send you an oath letter in the mail" as they won't schedule your oath before your 5 year anniversary.
No scrutiny for the trips, talking from multiple experiences, they just want to know that you meet the requirement, and if none of them was for longer than 6 months, you WILL definitely be ok, as long as you can prove it with passport stamps, which i am sure you have.

Those of you who have received ILs, can you post your comments... if they came from Local DO or the processing center (NBC / Lock Box offices at PHX-TEX-DAL-VER). Thanx

Is your case adjudicated yet? Did you have similar trips?

You will be fine man. I think they held up your application just because your 5 year anniversary is on November 1, they don't want to interview you before then and then have to tell you " we will send you an oath letter in the mail" as they won't schedule your oath before your 5 year anniversary.
No scrutiny for the trips, talking from multiple experiences, they just want to know that you meet the requirement, and if none of them was for longer than 6 months, you WILL definitely be ok, as long as you can prove it with passport stamps, which i am sure you have.

my timelines are exatly 2 weeks after you. i hope i see something in 2 weeks.
let us know when you know about your interview date.

Interview done

Hi All,
I had my interview today in san jose. Everything went smooth. THE officer asked me a lot of questions about my n400 application and asked me 6 questions from the booklet . He also asked me to write some info about U.S.Senators .He approved my application and asked me if i can make it to the oath ceremony on the 25th of this month. He asked me to wait in the lobby for 20 mins and hand delivered the oath letter. He just needed teh drivers license, passport and my green card. No other document was asked. Just wanted to share my experience. Good luck to all.

Here is an update to my case,.

August 2nd – N400 Sent
August 3rd – N400 Delivered
August 8th Email notification received
August 11 - NOA received
August 13th – FP notice received (date of September 5th )
August 21th(?)_ - Walkin done (Unsuccessful )
September 5th – 2pm FP done (San Jose)
September 5th – Case status shown as Initial Review
September 10th – Case was showing as “Testing & Interview “– The web says scheduled for Interview
September 17th – Interview Letter Received with Notice date of September 13th
October 15th – Interview Scheduled(San Jose)

Hi All,
I had my interview today in san jose. Everything went smooth. THE officer asked me a lot of questions about my n400 application and asked me 6 questions from the booklet . He also asked me to write some info about U.S.Senators .He approved my application and asked me if i can make it to the oath ceremony on the 25th of this month. He asked me to wait in the lobby for 20 mins and hand delivered the oath letter. He just needed teh drivers license, passport and my green card. No other document was asked. Just wanted to share my experience. Good luck to all.
Congrats to you!!

Spouse's case moved further in processing. IL dated 10/10/2012 was received on 10/14/2012. Scheduled for an interview for 11/14/2012.
Details in signatures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Just got interview letter yesterday, best of luck to all!

08/08/12 N400 sent (Texas)
08/09/12 N400 received
08/09/12: N-400 PD
08/13/12: Checks cashed
08/17/12: receipt recvd
08/17/12: FP notice mailed
08/21/12: FP notice recvd
08/23/12: FP done by walk-in
08/23/12 FBI says fp are ok and gone back to USCIS
08/27/12 Testing and Interview
10/10/12 Scheduled for interview
10/15/12: IL recvd
11/19/12 Interview

Hi All,

Hi pnagendr,
Can I ask you a question? How did you get your green card? Did it through your job or parents? Thanks.

What is your anniversary date(5 year)
Just wondering why it took so long to change from testing and interview to interview scheduled.

Your question is addressed to whom? Unless you will quote someone's message no one will be able to reply, so use reply with a quote option in future.
Just wondering why it took so long to change from testing and interview to interview scheduled.

Hi All,

Just got interview letter yesterday, best of luck to all!

08/08/12 N400 sent (Texas)
08/09/12 N400 received
08/09/12: N-400 PD
08/13/12: Checks cashed
08/17/12: receipt recvd
08/17/12: FP notice mailed
08/21/12: FP notice recvd
08/23/12: FP done by walk-in
08/23/12 FBI says fp are ok and gone back to USCIS
08/27/12 Testing and Interview
10/10/12 Scheduled for interview
10/15/12: IL recvd
11/19/12 Interview

Hi mogambo1,

I have actually just joined in to gain some knowledge from experienced guys like you and others.

I have been following this post as my situation will be the same by the time I apply for N400. I will have infact around same number of days outside US as you do.

Here is my case: Due to nature of my work, I have to travel frequently. I do have all my ties in US and my family remains in US while I travel. I follow the usual stuff such as file taxes, car, house, back account etc. No trips more then 2.5 months outside US.

I see that you were trying to find if anyone had similiar case as yours and their N400 was successful? Did you find any facts or stats?

By reading other threads, it appears that the result is kind a mixed one. Some people didn't have any issues and some had to provide further evidence while some were rejected.