2012 august n-400 tracker

I filed -90days (RD: 8/4/2012 and PD: 8/6/2012) before ann date (11/1/2012) and still in Initial Review. You filed around 20 days later than me so assuming if you had filed -90days before your anniversary date your application will be Initial Review. Only people who had filed during these times but after there anniversary date belong to that 30% who are getting their interviews scheduled.
some statistics:

i checked 30 the application number around me (15 lower and 15 higher) and around 70 percent of them are at initial review and 30 percent in testing and interview.

I filed -90days (RD: 8/4/2012 and PD: 8/6/2012) before ann date (11/1/2012) and still in Initial Review. You filed around 20 days later than me so assuming if you had filed -90days before your anniversary date your application will be Initial Review. Only people who had filed during these times but after there anniversary date belong to that 30% who are getting their interviews scheduled.

not sure about this. i think i have seen people had their interview before anniversary

Ya, I know. But lets see and my case is slowly crawling towards -30days (on 10/1/2012) so even if I get a status changed to "Interview Scheduled" on 10/1/2012 and assuming they distance IL with actual interview with 30d days, I am expecting my interview on or after my ann date (11/1/2012). Being optimist, if not maybe later...

not sure about this. i think i have seen people had their interview before anniversary

Here is a brief statistical analysis from web site for the period Jul/2012 - Sep/2012
http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400

77 applicants (Those filed at Phoenix center only) have Priority dates during the period Jul 01/2012 to Sep 21/2012.
Of these, 15 have received their Interview letters, the latest one having 15th Aug as PD.

Based on the data of these 15 applicants, on an average in Phoenix service center, one is likely to get IL in 43 days(Min 33-Max 60 days) reckoned from PD and scheduled interview 34 days (Min26 - Max41 days) thereafter.

Also with the available data, the latest PD holders from the following centers who have received the IL as on 28th Sep/2012 are:

Dallas: 9th Aug/2012
Vermont : 13th Aug/2012
Phoenix: 15th Aug
Texas: 17th Aug

(Please keep in mind of the 77 applicants at Phoenix center, many may not have updated their data on the website.)

Looks like each Process center follow their "Queue" based on PDs, and not on the actual FP dates. Also interview Dates vary depending on the number of cases pending at each center and workload at various District offices.
Among the applicants with same PDs, those who are to be adjudicated at Seattle followed by San Jose seem to move pretty fast comparatively...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good analyses but we also have to factor in that -90d early filing condition, maybe all those who had been scheduled for interview are past their 3/5 yr anniversary or very close while those who appear to be unlucky maybe far from their anniversary date so USCIS usually cant schedule their interview. Something like my case.

Here is a brief statistical analysis from web site for the period Jul/2012 - Sep/2012
http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400

77 applicants (Those filed at Phoenix center only) have Priority dates during the period Jul 01/2012 to Sep 21/2012.
Of these, 15 have received their Interview letters, the latest one having 15th Aug as PD.

Based on the data of these 15 applicants, on an average in Phoenix service center, one is likely to get IL in 43 days(Min 33-Max 60 days) reckoned from PD and scheduled interview 34 days (Min26 - Max41 days) thereafter.

Also with the available data, the latest PD holders from the following centers who have received the IL as on 28th Sep/2012 are:

Dallas: 9th Aug/2012
Vermont : 13th Aug/2012
Phoenix: 15th Aug
Texas: 17th Aug

(Please keep in mind of the 77 applicants at Phoenix center, many may not have updated their data on the website.)

Looks like each Process center follow their "Queue" based on PDs, and not on the actual FP dates. Also interview Dates vary depending on the number of cases pending at each center and workload at various District offices.
Applicants who are to be adjudicated at Seattle followed by San Jose seem to move pretty fast comparatively...

90day??

That's a good analyses but we also have to factor in that -90d early filing condition, maybe all those who had been scheduled for interview are past their 3/5 yr anniversary or very close while those who appear to be unlucky maybe far from their anniversary date so USCIS usually cant schedule their interview. Something like my case.

Mogambo1... 90d may not be a weighing factor here at all... Sept 1 2007 is my PR Date and it is past that date by a month more and still in initial review.

I have a ticket booked to go to India on Nov 18 - Dec 13 and my only fear is that they may schedule it in between and if that's the case, I have to postpone the interview and God only knows when it can get rescheduled to... to add to the complication, I have name change request.

Thanks,
- Prasad

Mogambo1... 90d may not be a weighing factor here at all... Sept 1 2007 is my PR Date and it is past that date by a month more and still in initial review.

I have a ticket booked to go to India on Nov 18 - Dec 13 and my only fear is that they may schedule it in between and if that's the case, I have to postpone the interview and God only knows when it can get rescheduled to... to add to the complication, I have name change request.

Thanks,
- Prasad
Hi Prasad,
If the statistical analysis holds good, you should hear from USCIS by this week end.
Also if your DO Alexadria, VA is flooded with lot of applicants, you may be lucky to have your interview date after your trip. That will be best for you, since you are cutting very close, I guess.

In case they schedule your interview before your trip, it will be good if you get your oath ceremony arranged after your return .. you should make it clear to the officer during interview... At times, they do the oath ceremony on the interview date itself. If that happens to you, they will take away your GC and give you the Naturalization certificate right on that day, in which case you cannot leave the country until you get your US passport and then the Indian Visa. Be prepared for both. Ideally you may like to have the interview after your trip. Good luck

Well some of us have unique cases because of name check and what not delaying our case. But if you check Trackitt and ask people who are getting their interview scheduled you will find that they had either applied past ann date of very close to ann date. That is why the first question I ask anyone whose case I would like to follow on Trackitt to let me know their anniversary date. Unfortunately Trackitt does not have a column to fill in our ann date so some people add that in comments while others dont. But I think it is most important to know one's ann date before tracking his/her case.

Thanks,
- Prasad

Based on available records at "Trackitt", one can conclude that service centers issue ILs based on "Priority Dates" and work load, and not FP dates. You can do FP by "walk in" early for personal reasons (as I had done myself). However it will very unlikely jump you forward in the "Q". Give at least 5-6 weeks breathing time from PD. Then you can expect to see changes in the status.

Based on available records at "Trackitt", one can conclude that service centers issue ILs based on "Priority Dates" and work load, and not FP dates. You can do FP by "walk in" early for personal reasons (as I had done myself). However it will very unlikely jump you forward in the "Q". Give at least 5-6 weeks breathing time from PD. Then you can expect to see changes in the status.

That's absolutely true. Early walk-in FPs don't help quicken the case processing.

But the way I interpret is that early filing like -90d followed by an early or next day walk-in FP will allow your case the time required to conduct biometrics and name check which may take time and "may be" ultimately advantageous to some of us who are on borderline of getting a promotion or a new job.

To explain this, let us consider 2 cases below:

N-400 Filing:

Case 1: N-400 Filing date: 8/2/2012 (-90d before 11/1/2012* ann date)
Case 2: N-400 Filing date: 10/1/2012 (-30d before 11/1/2012* ann date)
*The ann date mentioned in above examples is for the sake of proving my point and for example purposes only.

Now lets assume both cases above get their FP Notice 2 weeks after initial filing.
FP Notice Received:
Case 1: FP Notice received on 08/13/2012
Case 2: FP Notice received on 10/13/2012

Lets assume in both cases the person chose to do next-day walk-in FPs
Next-day Walk-in FP done:

Case 1: Walk-in FP Done on 08/14/2012
Case 2: Walk-in FP Done on 10/14/2012

Now assume both cases get stuck in NC process for 2 months (counting from FP Walk-in Date) but were ultimately cleared exactly after 2 months. An interview notice was generated exact 2months after day.
Interview Scheduled Notice Received with 2 weeks time for an actual interview:
Case 1: IL Notice Received on 10/14/2012
Case 2: FP Notice received on 12/14/2012

Interview Conducted on 2 weeks after IL:
Case 1: IL Notice Received on 11/1/2012
Case 2: FP Notice received on 1/1/2013

Lets assume both could manage same day oath and interview:
Case 1: Oath done on 11/1/2012
Case 2: Oath done on 1/1/2013

So in above scenario, even though both cases were stuck in NC for same amount of time, -90d advanced filing in Case 1 helped becoming the applicant USC on his ann date 11/1/2012. While Case 2 applicant had filed just -30d before his ann date, he actually became USC 2 months after his ann date.

I know it may not be a big deal for most of us but it may be a significant factor when one could not apply for a newly created position in company that required applicant to have US Citizenship or for the purpose of promotions where the next higher job required a US Citizenship or maybe while looking for a new job where US Citizenship is an absolute requirement. And sometimes it happens that a person has all required qualifications for the job but her/she cant apply just because he/she is not a USC.

There comes the role of -90d early filing and that is why it is important. Please correct me if I am wrong.

That's absolutely true. Early walk-in FPs don't help quicken the case processing.

But the way I interpret is that early filing like -90d followed by an early or next day walk-in FP will allow your case the time required to conduct biometrics and name check which may take time and "may be" ultimately advantageous to some of us who are on borderline of getting a promotion or a new job.

N-400 Filing:

*The ann date mentioned in above examples is for the sake of proving my point and for example purposes only.

Now lets assume both cases above get their FP Notice 2 weeks after initial filing.
FP Notice Received:

Case 1: FP Notice received on 08/14/2012
Case 2: FP Notice received on 10/14/2012

Now assume both cases get stuck in NC process for 2 months (counting from FP Walk-in Date) but were ultimately cleared exactly after 2 months. An interview notice was generated exact 2months after day.

So in above case even though both cases were stuck in NC for same time -90d filing in Case 1 helped becoming the applicant USC on his ann date 11/1/2012. While since Case 2 applicant ahd filed just -30d before his ann date, he actually became USC 2 months after his ann date.

I know it may not be a big deal for most of us but it may be a significant factor when one could not apply for a newly created position in company that required applicant to have US Citizenship or for the purpose of promotions where the next higher job required a US Citizenship or maybe while looking for a new job where US Citizenship is an absolute requirement. And sometimes it happens that a person has all required qualifications for the job but her/she cant apply just because he/she is not a USC.

There comes the role of -90d early filing and that is why it is important. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Mogambo1:

I have no problem in buying your contention and it sounds pretty convincing. I only hope that you are right and what you wrote always happens... I would definitely like to bet on your analysis as it will be the helpful and best case scenario...

i am not sure what you are trying to say here. one guy applied 2 months before the other one and got the citizenship 2 months eariler! obviously whoever applies first, should expect to get it done sooner!

this used to be a good forum until every post started to have a follow up post about -90 days and 5 year anniversary and trying to correlate everything with that!

N-400 Filing:

FP Notice Received:

Case 1: Walk-in FP Done on 08/14/2012
Case 2: Walk-in FP Done on 10/14/2012

So in above scenario, even though both cases were stuck in NC for same amount of time, -90d advanced filing in Case 1 helped becoming the applicant USC on his ann date 11/1/2012. While Case 2 applicant had filed just -30d before his ann date, he actually became USC 2 months after his ann date.

i am not sure what you are trying to say here. one guy applied 2 months before the other one and got the citizenship 2 months eariler! obviously whoever applies first, should expect to get it done sooner!

this used to be a good forum until every post started to have a follow up post about -90 days and 5 year anniversary and trying to correlate everything with that!

Good, Bad, Ugly forum... it doesn't matter. Forum is just to share thoughts, theories, analyses and revelations (if any)...

Good, Bad, Ugly forum... it doesn't matter. Forum is just to share thoughts, theories, analyses and revelations (if any)...
Fully agree with you, if someone has problems with others discussing their issues then he/she can search for other forums of another immigration attorney's website etc.

My experience

Hello all, this site has been very helpful to me and I figured I should share my timeline as it might be helpful to others. I haven't figured out how to include it in a signature format so I will just type it up.

Mailed N-400 8/25/2012 to Arizona Service Center
Priority Date 8/27/2012
FP Notice 9/4/2012 scheduled for 9/25/2012
Early Walk in FP done on 9/07/2012
Online status change to Testing and Interview 9/11/2012
Online status change to Scheduled for interview 10/2/2012

Wow, your case is moving at the speed of light, when is your 3/5 year anniversary date?

Hello all, this site has been very helpful to me and I figured I should share my timeline as it might be helpful to others. I haven't figured out how to include it in a signature format so I will just type it up.

Mailed N-400 8/25/2012 to Arizona Service Center
Priority Date 8/27/2012
FP Notice 9/4/2012 scheduled for 9/25/2012
Early Walk in FP done on 9/07/2012
Online status change to Testing and Interview 9/11/2012
Online status change to Scheduled for interview 10/2/2012

Wow, your case is moving at the speed of light, when is your 3/5 year anniversary date?

Yeah, things actually have been moving along much faster than I expected. My DO is Hawaii, so maybe there is a possibility their case load is not as heavy as the rest of the country. Speculation aside, to answer your question, my 5 year asylum based anniversary 1 year backdated was 3/2010.

N-400 Interview experience in SF

Hello everyone, can you share your N-400 interview experience in San Francisco with us here? Thanks a lot.

there is a separate thread for each office somewhere in this forum.
you probably don't find many people from SF here and it seems you have already created 2 other thread for this.
i will share my experience as soon as i get to that stage but probably by the time, you will be citizen :)

Hello everyone, can you share your N-400 interview experience in San Francisco with us here? Thanks a lot.

from the 30 samples around my application #, 6 of them today either went from initial review to in line for interview or scheduled for interview.

out of 30, 8 still in initial review, 15 in line for interview and 7 scheduled for interview.