2012 august n-400 tracker

it took long because:
you did your FP early and it really does not have any effect on how fast you get the interview.
different DOs have different timelines and usually they are 3 months or more (between the day you file and your interview), so you are pretty much on the lower margin.

Okay finally, my online status changed to "Interview Scheduled" on 10/17/2012 was expecting it change on 10/16/2012 since my case status had last changed to "In-Line for Interview Scheduling" on 10/12/2012 and going by my spouse's case progress whose case took 4 days between "In-Line for Interview Scheduling" and "Interview Scheduled", I had expected mine to also change in 4 days, but mine took 5 days.

Anyways, her interview is on 11/14/2012 for her case status which changed to "Interview Scheduled" on 10/9/2012 that is 1 month 5 days after last status change, so I am expecting my interview to be on
11/22/2012 (approx) [Calculation: 10/17/2012 + 1 month 5 days = 11/22/2012 (approx)]. Lets see...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be specially interested in knowing interview experience of those who are similar situation as mine, but did not come across many such people.

Hi mogambo1,

I have actually just joined in to gain some knowledge from experienced guys like you and others.

I have been following this post as my situation will be the same by the time I apply for N400. I will have infact around same number of days outside US as you do.

Here is my case: Due to nature of my work, I have to travel frequently. I do have all my ties in US and my family remains in US while I travel. I follow the usual stuff such as file taxes, car, house, back account etc. No trips more then 2.5 months outside US.

I see that you were trying to find if anyone had similiar case as yours and their N400 was successful? Did you find any facts or stats?

By reading other threads, it appears that the result is kind a mixed one. Some people didn't have any issues and some had to provide further evidence while some were rejected.

Okay finally, my online status changed to "Interview Scheduled" on 10/17/2012 was expecting it change on 10/16/2012 since my case status had last changed to "In-Line for Interview Scheduling" on 10/12/2012 and going by my spouse's case progress who case took 4 days between "In-Line for Interview Scheduling" and "Interview Scheduled".

Anyways her interview is on 11/14/2012 for her case status which changes to "Interview Scheduled" on 10/9/2012 that is 1 month 5 days after last status change, so I am expecting mine on 10/17/2012 + 1 month 5 days = 11/22/2012 (approx). Lets see...
Congrats
I really believe that your interview will take place before your wife, maybe the first week of November. Please let us know when you read the letter.

I would be specially interested in knowing interview experience of those who are similar situation as mine, but did not come across many such people.

First of all congrats on the interview scheduling and best of luck. I am sure you will update your case status after the interview so others can benefit from your experience.

Yes you right. I have been searching the forum and I couldn'y find many cases. One of the issue that I found is that many people don't update their case status after the interview to share the experience. One intersting case that I came across was of a guy who had around 700+ days outside US for studies and the IO officer didn't even asked him anything on his trips abroad. What a lucky guy....

Sure, I will update my case and post interview experience, since my interview is going to be a tough one due to several trips abroad.

Nice to hear about the guy with 700+ days outside getting approved without being questioned. I wish I can also get an IO like that.

I am interested in interview experience of those rejected due to extensive stay abroad.

Just checked my excel spreadsheet, I have 647days spent outside US.

So for each trip while exiting US I did count 1/2 day as full day of stay in USA but while returning I did not count 1/2 day in USA at all, thereby compensating for additional 1/2 day counted while exiting US.

I think that is alright.

First of all congrats on the interview scheduling and best of luck. I am sure you will update your case status after the interview so others can benefit from your experience.

Yes you right. I have been searching the forum and I couldn'y find many cases. One of the issue that I found is that many people don't update their case status after the interview to share the experience. One intersting case that I came across was of a guy who had around 700+ days outside US for studies and the IO officer didn't even asked him anything on his trips abroad. What a lucky guy....

Last edited by a moderator:
status

My status changed to "Testing and Interview". Looks like the name check process took about 5 weeks. Spouse has been in the "Testing and Interview Status" for 4 weeks herself. Do they interview couples together. Looking at other posts, we should have gotten her IL by now. Houston DO. Any insights?

mogambo1, congrats . If you will have same day oath you probably will become a citizen earlier than me . I looked at trackitt and found out that it takes from 1 month to 3 to be scheduled for oath in Louisville . I guess they wait till they have certain of number of people and then schedule oath in the court .

congratulations Kalyanij . i hope the 5 weeks rule holds for me too :) i did my FP 5 weeks ago and still in initial review. did you follow up with USCIS on why your case was stuck?

Thank you Laluna1982, let's see what happens, as per my estimates my interview would be scheduled for 11/22/2012.

mogambo1, congrats . If you will have same day oath you probably will become a citizen earlier than me . I looked at trackitt and found out that it takes from 1 month to 3 to be scheduled for oath in Louisville . I guess they wait till they have certain of number of people and then schedule oath in the court .

I went from initial review to Testing and Interview today!
That's great Stamps.
What is your District Office please?
My wife's timeline starts on Sept. 1st, almost like yours in Dallas, TX. Ofcourse her 3 year anniversary would be Dec. 1st, so her status still showing " we mailed you a letter for FP etc....." I think they are waiting till her anniversary become closer to sit her in queue and then send the letter. You had to wait 6 weeks between the time you did your fingerprinting and change of status to testing an interview.

What do you think

this is great. i saw another person with similar dates as you and yesterday, his status changed to testing and interview. i hope mine also changes in a matter of week or two.
Shahrmat

I don't mean to scare you, but from experience; the namecheck/background should not take more than a day or two if everything was clear and simple, or sometimes it could take anything from few weeks to many months.

Shahrmat

I don't mean to scare you, but from experience; the namecheck/background should not take more than a day or two if everything was clear and simple, or sometimes it could take anything from few weeks to many months.

i know, it is either a few days or few months, nothing in between. i think if you are from iran, automatically it is going to fall into a few months category! you can see from my signature how long it took for my GC, for no reason!

i know, it is either a few days or few months, nothing in between. i think if you are from iran, automatically it is going to fall into a few months category! you can see from my signature how long it took for my GC, for no reason!
I agree! there is much more scrutiny to that area of the world. But hopefully you hear something soon. You know by law, the USCIS has only 6 months to make a decision. After that , you can sue.

Sure, I will. I am expecting a letter either on 22nd or 23rd, lets see. My earlier predictions had been quite accurate.

Congrats
I really believe that your interview will take place before your wife, maybe the first week of November. Please let us know when you read the letter.

mogambo1, I'm really exited for you ! After so much time you finally getting close to the end of the journey ! Is your local DO allows the same day Oath ?