2012 august n-400 tracker

Okay, so here it is, an online update in our case:

Primary (me): Initial Review. Several trips due to family member's health.

Secondary Spouse: Testing and Interview (10/5/2012). Only 2 x 1 month long trips abroad.

Details in signature below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to keep you informed...

Based on the updated available data from "Trackitt"

As on week ending 28th Sep/12 the PD holders of following centers received ILs
Dallas: 9th Aug/2012
Vermont : 13th Aug/2012
Phoenix: 15th Aug/12
Texas: 17th Aug/12

As on week ending 6th Oct/12 there seems to be some movement
Dallas: 15th Aug/2012
Vermont : Current .. (Probably no more applicants are being processed?)
Phoenix: 23rd Aug/12
Texas: 27th Aug/12

(Just to keep the forum members in good spirits & humour, I have appended the above info. It does not correlate any individual case....)

So when you say, it does not correlate to individual cases, does that mean in Dallas all cases with PD of 08/15/2012 have received their IL?

I filed in Dallas Service Center, my case is still waiting for an update to "in-line for interview" even though my and my spouse's PD is 08/06/2012, but i ahve extensive travel while she does not so she got a change in her status while I am still on "Initial Review". I don't know what can I infer out of it, maybe NC or some extensive investigation goin on in my case due to travel. What do you think?

Based on the updated available data from "Trackitt"

As on 28th Sep/12 the PD holders of following centers received ILs
Dallas: 9th Aug/2012
Vermont : 13th Aug/2012
Phoenix: 15th Aug/12
Texas: 17th Aug/12

As on 6th Oct/12 there seems to be some movement
Dallas: 15th Aug/2012
Vermont : Current .. (Probably no more applicants are being processed?)
Phoenix: 23rd Aug/12
Texas: 27th Aug/12

(Just to keep the forum members in good spirits & humour, I have appended the above info. It does not correlate any individual case....)

Filed in Dallas Service Center, my case is still waiting for an update for in-line for interview scheduling (PD: 08/06/2012) while my spouse with same PD got status changed to scheduling.[/QUOTE]

As I had mentioned, the info has been been compiled from available/updated data from the spread sheet (Trackitt) as of 6th Oct/12. If two applicants have the same PDs, from the same service center, both may not receive ILs at the same time, for reasons unknown. I just made the notes for one to have a general idea about the pace at which the Processing centers function. (In your case, the delay may be because of your "too many trips" outside US, USCIS is taking extra time to process. I'm sure you have satisfied the legal requirement of "physical presence". You will get your IL in the coming weeks... don't be surprised, if you receive it along with your spouse!! It is a well known fact, the USCIS web masters do not update the data base regularly.

I wish your assumption comes true. But my understanding is their entire system in integrated, there are no 2 separate divisions, like one processing the cases in real time and one updating the online status in real-time. I think as soon as the officer touches the case we can see an LUD while if he changes its status based on PD the online status is automatically updated taking cue from their processing system. The only possibility I can think of is the handling officer generates the NOA but fails to update the electronic records then it cannot be corrected until supervisor notices the error or until the next process happens on the case like an interview or RFE and when the 2nd officer handles the case he is less likely to make same error of not updating the case electronically. There ought to be a SOP for case processing otherwise we all will be stuck in case processing for years.

Filed in Dallas Service Center, my case is still waiting for an update for in-line for interview scheduling (PD: 08/06/2012) while my spouse with same PD got status changed to scheduling.

As I had mentioned, the info has been been compiled from available/updated data from the spread sheet (Trackitt) as of 6th Oct/12. If two applicants have the same PDs, from the same service center, both may not receive ILs at the same time, for reasons unknown. I just made the notes for one to have a general idea about the pace at which the Processing centers function. (In your case, the delay may be because of your "too many trips" outside US, USCIS is taking extra time to process. I'm sure you have satisfied the legal requirement of "physical presence". You will get your IL in the coming weeks... don't be surprised, if you receive it along with your spouse!! It is a well known fact, the USCIS web masters do not update the data base regularly.[/QUOTE]

One more online case update in our case:

Primary (me): Initial Review. Several trips due to family member's health.

Secondary Spouse: Interview Scheduled (10/9/2012). Only 2 x 1 month long trips abroad.

mogambo1, congrats on the good news . I'm sure you also will see movement in your case pretty soon. I have my interview tomorrow and I went today and got new drivers licence with my current address on it . Thanks to you . I read somewhere in the forum your post saying that adress on DL must be current .

Yes they use DL as your proof of identity and residence. All the best for your interview tomorrow.

mogambo1, congrats on the good news . I'm sure you also will see movement in your case pretty soon. I have my interview tomorrow and I went today and got new drivers licence with my current address on it . Thanks to you . I read somewhere in the forum your post saying that adress on DL must be current .

Laluna

first, i would like to wish you the best of luck tomorrow.

Your case moved so fast. does KY allow for same day oath? or does it have to be mailed in for a future date?

Laluna

first, i would like to wish you the best of luck tomorrow.

Your case moved so fast. does KY allow for same day oath? or does it have to be mailed in for a future date?

Thanks. I'm very nervous . I was very busy with midterm, our daughter first B-day party ,etc and didnt have enough time to prepare . Like I just renewed my DL today, and will go to court tomorrow after class and before my interview to get my disposition paper for citation I received 2 years ago( I left my dog in a car for a bit and received a citation ) . So, I honestly wish I had a little more time . KY doesnt do same day oath ( I haven't seen it on trackitt) . What's your timeline?

Okay guys finally there is a case update in my (primary's) case too today. Our online case status's read like this now:

Primary (me): In-line for interview scheduling on 10/12/2012. Several trips due to family member's health.

Secondary Spouse:
Interview Scheduled on 10/9/2012. Only 2 x 1 month long trips abroad.

congratulations Mogambo1. Looks like they just had to take a little bit extra time looking up the name Mogambo (a villain, after all) :D

Thanks. I am expecting very hard scrutiny (screwing :)) of my case during interview due to my 9 trips abroad (family member health reason) out of which 2 were around 4-5 months long. Even though my immediate family was in USA all these times and I had been filing taxes every year, have a consultant job and have mortgage and lease in my name till Jan 2011. Still have Verizon's Fios in my name. that produces monthly bills, credit card bills to support my case.

BTW are you referring to the mogambo character in 1953 english movie or desi character in Indian movie. Anyways mogambo really tab khush hoga jab usko OCI bhi mil jayega.

congratulations Mogambo1. Looks like they just had to take a little bit extra time looking up the name Mogambo (a villain, after all) :D

mogambo1, Congratulations . Finally your file moved from the spot . I think they just picked your spouses file first , that is why they scheduled her first . I really think they'll schedule you two together ..

How was your interview today?

mogambo1, Congratulations . Finally your file moved from the spot . I think they just picked your spouses file first , that is why they scheduled her first . I really think they'll schedule you two together ..

I passed my interview today . IO was very nice and funny guy. He joked all the time and was very helpful . Asked for my green card , my daughters birth certificate and laughted about me leaving my dog in a car and receiving citation for it .The questions he asked were 1) Name one longest river 2) what's speakers of the house name 3) we elect the president for how many years 4) when decroration of independence was adopted 5)what do we call 10 amendments in the constitution .. Then he asked me to read who was Abraham Lincoln? and to write Abraham Lincoln was president during civil war . And that was it . Very pleasant experience ;)

Great, didn't you inquire about possibility of same day oath today?

I passed my interview today . IO was very nice and funny guy. He joked all the time and was very helpful . Asked for my green card , my daughters birth certificate and laughted about me leaving my dog in a car and receiving citation for it .The questions he asked were 1) Name one longest river 2) what's speakers of the name 3) we elect the president for how many years 4) when decroration of independence was adopted 6) what do we call 10 amendments in the constitution .. Then he asked me to read who was Abraham Lincoln? and to write Abraham Lincoln was president during civil war . And that was it . Very pleasant experience ;)

Mogambo: Congratulations... not sure when my case sees the light... now that my india trip date is nearing, I am hoping that they will delay it a bit further so that it does not fall during the my trip (nov 18th - dec 13th).

does any one have an idea how long it takes between when it changes to "in line for interview" to "scheduled" to "actual interview"?

Thanks,