2012 august n-400 tracker

Today I have completed my finger printing. But I am flying for India for couple of weeks starting on 09-28-2012 and returning on 10-14-2012. I hope that there would not an issue.
Another glitch is that I would not be able to naturalise my application until my daughters get their I-485 approved.
Any comments or suggestions please!
You should be ok traveling before the interview. USCIS usually send the notice roughly 3-4 weeks before the actual interview/testing.

Have a safe trip!

The amount of efforts which I am putting beyond my explanation and patience. I am thinking that Jack did not answer my question in one of the last thread because he does not want incorrect information to be furnished. Does that mean that I just go to N-400 interivew, take oath and have my daughters applications denied!
Besides my research, at one point of time, I am in touch with 3 paid attorneys just to minimse my mistakes from my side. It is not that I have lot of time or money. I did not correct guidance from my first attorney.

I never submit any questions without doing research. I have contacted Mr Rajiv Khanna himself at one stage. After that I have my wife filed I-130s for my daughter. Due to strucuk I-485s of my kids, my case is getting complex. If search my name, some of the responses my kids I-485. But now there are some more changes in our applications. This is without any changes for our kids I-485s.

Didn't you start this thread (http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?549906-Postponing-my-FP) and this one too (http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?550100-Travelling-after-finger-printing) and now in this thread you are asking the same question.

Jacko.... tried to help you in your earlier thread but you didn't even hesitate to ask a stupid question in your thread "What are acceptable reasons for postponing an FP". And then he stopped replying.

I remember you from your most confusing signatures on this forum. Do your research and don't keep asking for the reasons.

Contribute something, don't leech information all the time, by creating several threads.

Your asking the same question here is essentially hogging this thread.

Have a nice journey.
Adios.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I should be able to travel as per my plan. I might have to phace some raugh whether once I am back in US. Hanlding my N-400 is really complex if my wife's n-400 is not approved prior to my n-400 application approved. My daughters applications will most likely be denied if I have my N-400 approval before their I-485 approvals. This is due to one poorly designed law.
I am sorry for my question or distraction.
You should be ok traveling before the interview. USCIS usually send the notice roughly 3-4 weeks before the actual interview/testing.

Have a safe trip!

Well in that case, I don't understand why did you ask your spouse to apply first and then also file I-130 for your kids. I see your spouse and you got your GC on same day in 2007 but your spouse chose to apply 2 months ahead (PD: 06/08/2012) of you (PD: 08/22/2012) and still you let your spouse file I-130 for your kids. If he/she would file early is more likely to get his/her application processed, including scheduling for the interview. Instead you could have delayed filing your case till your kids' I-485 was approved, and would have let your spouse (secondary) file his/her N-400. And if the need would have arisen your could have filed I-130 for your kids. This strategy would have automatically delayed their application at least 2 months or more.

Thank you. I should be able to travel as per my plan. I might have to phace some raugh whether once I am back in US. Hanlding my N-400 is really complex if my wife's n-400 is not approved prior to my n-400 application approved. My daughters applications will most likely be denied if I have my N-400 approval before their I-485 approvals. This is due to one poorly designed law.
I am sorry for my question or distraction.

Well in that case, I don't understand why did you ask your spouse to apply first and then also file I-130 for your kids. I see your spouse and you got your GC on same day in 2007 but your spouse chose to apply 2 months ahead (PD: 06/08/2012) of you (PD: 08/22/2012) and still you let your spouse file I-130 for your kids. If he/she would file early is more likely to get his/her application processed, including scheduling for the interview. Instead you could have delayed filing your case till your kids' I-485 was approved, and would have let your spouse (secondary) file his/her N-400. And if the need would have arisen your could have filed I-130 for your kids. This strategy would have automatically delayed their application at least 2 months or more.

Mogambo,

Thanks for looking into our cases. I have filed my wife's N-400 first because my kids I-485s are based on my employment based
Greencard and their cateogry is EB-3 from India. My kids I-485s are struck in August-2007 fiasco. If I get my N-400 approved before my
kids I-485 cases approved,
my kids i-485 will be denied. This is the reason that I have filed my wife's N-400 application first.

As you see, there is a difference of 2 months between my N-400 and my wife's N-400 applications. My theory is that during
the gap of two months, my kids I-485 applications will be approved. We leave in Maryland which is close to DC. Here, there
are lot of jobs which are based on citizenship. I am working in a consulting jobs. It is good for me to have citizensip
for the jobs purposes. This is the reason that I am not looking for very long time to have my citizenship and also
assuming that two months gap will help my kids I-485 application in having I-485s approved.

Due to personal reasons, I did not see my parents since 2008. I thought that I should visit my parents before I get my citizenship.
I am also looking to close couple of bank accounts in India before having my citizenship.

Update.... I completed my FP on Sep 17 as schedule and yesterday my status changed to “Testing & Interview “

Since both your daughters are below 18, how about applying for their USC soon after you getting yours. I know as soon as you will get your USC their I-485 will be denied and applying for them again [ I know it would be waste of another thousand dollars but who knows you might get a federal job with more $$$ :cool: ] since your status would change but then that would also open another opportunity of sponsoring your <18y old children for GC as they are your immediate family member, but at the expense of more money for filling new forms (I-485? again? maybe).

I think the best option in your case was to either not have applied for your USC N-400 now and waited for your children I-485 to get approved (but then you might ave to wait for who knows 1 year) since I don't know how long can you keep on postponing your N-400 interview since looking at your daughter's PD and your EB-3 status you would have to see Visa Bulletin to predict when their 485 will get approved. I hope it makes sense, doe it? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Since as per this
http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5770.html they are now processing 10/15/2002 EB3/India cases while looking at your daughters' PD which I assume would be same as your EB3 PD or 8/17/2004 would take much more time to clear that backlog of 2years (10/15/2002 ---> 8/17/2004).

Mogambo,

Thanks for looking into our cases. I have filed my wife's N-400 first because my kids I-485s are based on my employment based
Greencard and their cateogry is EB-3 from India. My kids I-485s are struck in August-2007 fiasco. If I get my N-400 approved before my
kids I-485 cases approved,
my kids i-485 will be denied. This is the reason that I have filed my wife's N-400 application first.

As you see, there is a difference of 2 months between my N-400 and my wife's N-400 applications. My theory is that during
the gap of two months, my kids I-485 applications will be approved. We leave in Maryland which is close to DC. Here, there
are lot of jobs which are based on citizenship. I am working in a consulting jobs. It is good for me to have citizensip
for the jobs purposes. This is the reason that I am not looking for very long time to have my citizenship and also
assuming that two months gap will help my kids I-485 application in having I-485s approved.

Due to personal reasons, I did not see my parents since 2008. I thought that I should visit my parents before I get my citizenship.
I am also looking to close couple of bank accounts in India before having my citizenship.

Congrats, you applied +1month after your anniversary date, so things should move fast for you. Good luck.

I applied -90d before my anniversary and no wonder I am stuck in "Initial Review" since last 1.5 months even after doing early FP around a month ago. I think they cant conduct interview before Ann Date so will have to atleast wait another 1.5 months (1.5months till now + 1.5 month more wait = 90 days, Ann Date), if now more, as based on current processing times my DO shows they are taking 5 months.

Update.... I completed my FP on Sep 17 as schedule and yesterday my status changed to “Testing & Interview “

Congrats, you applied +1month after your anniversary date, so things should move fast for you. Good luck.

I applied -90d before my anniversary and no wonder I am stuck in "Initial Review" since last 1.5 months even after doing early FP around a month ago. I think they cant conduct interview before Ann Date so will have to atleast wait another 1.5 months (1.5months till now + 1.5 month more wait = 90 days, Ann Date), if now more, as based on current processing times my DO shows they are taking 5 months.

I don't think this is true. I have seen people doing their interview before anniversary. The only thing that happens is that they are told a decision cannot be made at the moment. They usually receive the oath letter later.

Which district office are you?
From what I have seen the interview is scheduled one month to 45 days before the actual day of interview so if you are in new York or Los Angeles, you might need a few more .

No once my wife has her citizenship, my wife can call USCIS and inform them to process our kids pending I-485s based
on her citizenship. This is the reason that I have applied for my citizenship. I am not looking for any chances on
our daughters pending I-485s. My elder daughter is in College now. She is missing financial aid and scholorship. That is
adding another hussle on my financial situation.

If I anticipate any delays for my kids applications, my plan is to follow up with the Congessman. I hope that this will
work out.

Since both your daughters are below 18, how about applying for their USC soon after you getting yours. I know as soon as you will get your USC their I-485 will be denied and applying for them again [ I know it would be waste of another thousand dollars but who knows you might get a federal job with more $$$ :cool: ] since your status would change but then that would also open another opportunity of sponsoring your <18y old children for GC as they are your immediate family member, but at the expense of more money for filling new forms (I-485? again? maybe).

I think the best option in your case was to either not have applied for your USC N-400 now and waited for your children I-485 to get approved (but then you might ave to wait for who knows 1 year) since I don't know how long can you keep on postponing your N-400 interview since looking at your daughter's PD and your EB-3 status you would have to see Visa Bulletin to predict when their 485 will get approved. I hope it makes sense, doe it? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Since as per this
http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5770.html they are now processing 10/15/2002 EB3/India cases while looking at your daughters' PD which I assume would be same as your EB3 PD or 8/17/2004 would take much more time to clear that backlog of 2years (10/15/2002 ---> 8/17/2004).

Wow, your case's beginning dates are same as mine. While you are scheduled for interview, my and my spouse's cases are stuck in "Initial Review". -90d for our cases was 8/2/2012 while our anniversary date is 11/1/2012, so we applied exactly -90d of our anniversary date, what is your anniversary date ?

what is

Hello mogambo1, I think we are in the same situation. My 5th anniversary is 10/23 and I am done FP on 8/31. My online status is still in "initial review" when I login. Can we keep in touch to see the updates? Thanks. My DO is SF.

Sure I keep updating my signature with every change and keep posting my changes in this thread as my case progresses, you can do the same.

Hello mogambo1, I think we are in the same situation. My 5th anniversary is 10/23 and I am done FP on 8/31. My online status is still in "initial review" when I login. Can we keep in touch to see the updates? Thanks. My DO is SF.

Mount Laurel, NJ. My Ann. Date is 11/01/2012, so I am expecting my interview around that time, maybe I might receive IL a month before that. So I should expect status change and IL delivered to me in 1st or 2nd week of Oct, or definitely by end of Oct, lets see. My Office shows processing times of 5months so maybe I may even expect an IL even after my anniversary date, who knows.

I don't think this is true. I have seen people doing their interview before anniversary. The only thing that happens is that they are told a decision cannot be made at the moment. They usually receive the oath letter later.

From what I have seen the interview is scheduled one month to 45 days before the actual day of interview so if you are in new York or Los Angeles, you might need a few more .

I have seen some people getting interviewed before ann. date but then an either a decision cannot be made or no status change happens for them even after interview and only after their ann. date they are scheduled for an oath. What I was referring to the usual situation. I don't consider my case a unique, so lets not be too much optimistic with our cases with USCIS. An early processing should be considered a pure luck ;) or blessing.

Received Interview Letter

Received MY Interview Letter today Sep 20 & my Interview date is Oct 24 2012. Please update! thanks !

Let me make bit clear, do we need to take the appointment letter for FP ?

Received my FP notice today by mail. Appointment date - 10/02.

Thought of do a walk-in, then realized it is just 1 week difference. So planning to go on the appointment date.

In Line for an Interview

Today, my N-400 application status has changed to 'Placed in line for an interview scheduling'.

2012 September n-400 Tracker

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum. I was looking for 2012 September n-400 Tracker, could not find one. Not sure, if my search was not correct. Any one able to find, please let me know otherwise I will start one...

thanks

Open new thread

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum. I was looking for 2012 September n-400 Tracker, could not find one. Not sure, if my search was not correct. Any one able to find, please let me know otherwise I will start one...

thanks
If you do not find a thread, you can start a new one by going to CITIZENSHIP forums first. That will give an option on the right side of the screen.