2011 March N-400 Tracker

Congrats springfield. I just checked my status today and it's "Oath Ceremony" now. It took them a few days to update my status as my interview was on 6/30 and my oath was already scheduled for July 20 by the IO. Few more days until I officially become an American :)

Thank you LongRoadToGC...
Please share your oath ceremony experience..... Thank you

Folks, I took my oath today in Richmond, VA downtown US district court. I am now a US citizen :) It's a great feeling. I came here in 1995 as an undergraduate student and then did the whole H1B to green card thing. The oath ceremony itself was quite a formal thing. I'll share my experience.

-The oath ceremony was scheduled for 11:30. We started to enter the courtroom around 11:40
-I think there were about 67 people taking the oath
-We had to form a line inside the courtroom to submit our forms and sign a photocopy of the citizenship certificate. This took quite a while. We were then sent to our pre-assigned seats. I got to sit in the Jury area of the court :)
-A law student from William and Mary basically then learned to pronounce each of our names and presented our case to the judge. Each of our names were individually called before the judge.
-We took the oath and then the judge gave a really nice speech
-Finally we were given our certificates by the judge and she shook our hands (tradition)
-After the court session was adjourned, USCIS official gave us instructions about social security and passport. She also advised to take really good care of the certificate as it costs almost $600 to replace!
-You also get a little flag, a letter from the President and lots of other booklets and info.

Best of luck to everyone currently in the immigration process.

Folks, I took my oath today in Richmond, VA downtown US district court. I am now a US citizen :) It's a great feeling. I came here in 1995 as an undergraduate student and then did the whole H1B to green card thing. The oath ceremony itself was quite a formal thing. I'll share my experience.

-The oath ceremony was scheduled for 11:30. We started to enter the courtroom around 11:40
-I think there were about 67 people taking the oath
-We had to form a line inside the courtroom to submit our forms and sign a photocopy of the citizenship certificate. This took quite a while. We were then sent to our pre-assigned seats. I got to sit in the Jury area of the court :)
-A law student from William and Mary basically then learned to pronounce each of our names and presented our case to the judge. Each of our names were individually called before the judge.
-We took the oath and then the judge gave a really nice speech
-Finally we were given our certificates by the judge and she shook our hands (tradition)
-After the court session was adjourned, USCIS official gave us instructions about social security and passport. She also advised to take really good care of the certificate as it costs almost $600 to replace!
-You also get a little flag, a letter from the President and lots of other booklets and info.

Best of luck to everyone currently in the immigration process.

Congratulations!!!!!!! LongRoadToGC

I got my oath letter today...Naturalization Oath ceremony on August 18th. =)

Good news FlamingoPark2!

If you do not mind, I have a question: Did you receive a status update e-mail? I have been waiting my oath letter for a long time and I was wondering if I will be receiving an e-mail too. I am tired of checking my mailbox and getting nervous everytime:) Thanks :p

Good news FlamingoPark2!

If you do not mind, I have a question: Did you receive a status update e-mail? I have been waiting my oath letter for a long time and I was wondering if I will be receiving an e-mail too. I am tired of checking my mailbox and getting nervous everytime:) Thanks :p
Hello North Dakota,
You will get an update in your case status on the website and you will get an email. Mine was updated this way: "On July 20, 2011, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."
My case status changed within 45 days after the scheduling que notice in the website. I am sure will get an update soon as well in your case. I was like you as well checking my mailbox everyday...Now it is almost over.
If someone could answer the following question I have. I read that USCIS accommodates new citizens to apply for a passport the same day and in the same building where people has sworn in. Do they let you make copies before they take your certificate to process your passport?

Hi dakota2011.. I already recieved my oath letter and my case is still not updated. I would rely more on mail than the status update.
Question from people who have already taken oath: are we allowed to take family with us to the oath ceremony?

Got the oath done today... There were 140 people from 46 countries..... It took only 20 minutes..... I am a citizen now.

Update: Oath Ceremony Scheduled

"On July 26, 2011, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location...."

Hoping to get my letter by next Tuesday and then I will plan my trip to the courthouse :eek:

Guys, if I have my fingerprint appointment for August 9th, how many days after that (estimate) will it take for me to become a citizen? Any idea?

N400 mailed 4/20/2011
NOA 4/25/2011
FP letter 5/4/2011
FP done 5/19/2011
Online status changed5/24/2011 "in line to be scheduled for interview"
YL received 7/5/2011 (advising me to take DL and passports to interview

I still have not received an Interview Letter and the online status is the same. It has been a couple weeks since I got the YL.

Does it usually take this long to get the interview letter?

Update: Oath Ceremony Scheduled

"On July 26, 2011, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location...."

Hoping to get my letter by next Tuesday and then I will plan my trip to the courthouse :eek:
Congratulations North Dakota!!! Mine was updated on wednesday the 20th and I got the letter two days after. Hopefully, you will get it tomorrow...

Update: Form N-445, Notice of Naturalization Ceremony is received

Oath Date: August 12, 2011

Letter says "Please report promtly at 12:00 pm" -- I guess ceremony will start around 1:00 pm and I will there at 11:30 am just in case :eek:

"You must bring the following with you" is as follows:

1. Form N-445, Page 2 answered, signed, dated --- applies to me
2. Green Card --- applies to me
3. Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document --- doesn't apply to me, I have no idea what this is
4. Any immigration documents you may have --- applies to me, I will bring my I-20 and my passport with US F-1 Visa, these are how I did enter US for the first time
5. Children related stuff --- doesn't apply to me

I am also planning to bring the following:

1. State ID/ Drivers License
2. Social Security Card
3. Copies of all letters I did receive from USCIS during this process (Fingerprint Letter, Interview Letter, etc.)

Yes.. yes.. yes.. Now, I see the finish line...

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Form N-445, Notice of Naturalization Ceremony is received

Oath Date: August 12, 2011

Letter says "Please report promtly at 12:00 pm" -- I guess ceremony will start around 1:00 pm and I will there at 11:30 am just in case :eek:

"You must bring the following with you" is as follows:

1. Form N-445, Page 2 answered, signed, dated --- applies to me
2. Green Card --- applies to me
3. Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document --- doesn't apply to me, I have no idea what this is
4. Any immigration documents you may have --- applies to me, I will bring my I-20 and my passport with US F-1 Visa, these are how I did enter US for the first time
5. Children related stuff --- doesn't apply to me

I am also planning to bring the following:

1. State ID/ Drivers License
2. Social Security Card
3. Copies of all letters I did receive from USCIS during this process (Fingerprint Letter, Interview Letter, etc.)

Yes.. yes.. yes.. Now, I see the finish line...

Congratulation Dakota2011 !!!!!!!
You got the e-mail update same day I had my oath ceremony..... Congratulations again........

Chicago

04/04/2011 Receipt Notice (Form I-797) Received
04/13/2011 FP Notice received
05/05/2011 FP done
05/26/2011 IL received
07/13/2011 Interview (decision can not be made because of previous arrests)
07/18/2011 Oath Scheduling Queue (E-mail)
08/01/2011 Oath Ceremony Scheduled (E-mail)
xx/xx/2011 N-445 Notice Received
xx/xx/2011 Ceremony

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview is tomorrow

Hi guys,

My interview is tomorrow at 10:20 am! I am very very nervous! Please keep me in your prayers! And if you have any tips on how to calm/unstress my self, please let me know!

I will come back and update you guys on how it went!

Hi guys,

My interview is tomorrow at 10:20 am! I am very very nervous! Please keep me in your prayers! And if you have any tips on how to calm/unstress my self, please let me know!

I will come back and update you guys on how it went!

Good luck!

1. Study for the tests
2. Review your N-400 form
3. Do not forget to bring all documents, IDs, Social Security Card, Passport etc.
4. Attire properly
5. Be there on time
6. Be polite to the IO, show your respect to him/her

How to relax:
** Be prepared. You will feel better...
** Call loved ones; spouse/girl friend, siblings, parents...
** You can practice your religion...

Please remember that anything may happen during the interview. However, whatever happens, it is not the end of the world... Be prepared and make your best.. Then, lets see whats written for you

+ Do not forget to share your experience