2011 March N-400 Tracker

Quick Update:

I had my interview today at 9:15am.

I had a nice immigration official (friendly & light hearted). The interview went smoothly and was done in about 20 mins and got my N-652:

Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval...

She said that oath ceremony is currently being scheduled 4-6 week out. I told her I would be travelling abroad 15th July to August 7th, so she put a note not to schedule before the 12th.

Will try and post more details later...

My interview was done on Tuesday morning, everything went well. Just like others, I was asked questions based on my application & tested for civil questions. It only took about 20 minutes. The immigration officer told me that I should be receiving my Oath letter within 2 to 3 months. But I'm pretty sure I'll have my oath on 07/28/11 because Los Angeles DO have ceremonies on the last week of Thursdays every month. Now it's time to wait for the letter.

Los Angeles, CA

N-400 Sent: 03/10/2011
Application Received: 03/14/2011
Check Cashed: 03/17/2011
NoA Letter Received: 03/18/2011
FP Appointment Received: 03/28/2011
FP Appointment Date: 04/12/2011
FP Walk-In Attempted: 03/29/2011 (DENIED)
FP Done: 04/12/2011 (as Scheduled)
Interview Letter Received: 05/13/2011
Interview Date: 06/21/2011
Interview Done: 06/21/2011 (passed)
Oath Letter Received:
Oath Ceremony Date:

Got my interveiw this morning. I passed the interview but CIS will send a written decision about my application. The IO asked me to signed all documents, photos, requested name changed... too...
I asked him how long it take to get a letter he told me about 2 months....

Reading Test : Who lives in the White House?
Written Test : The President lives in the White House.

Civics Test : Who is the governor of your state now?
: Where is the Statue Liberty?
: Name 2 national U.S. holidays?
: What movement to end the racial discrimination?
: Who was the first president?
: What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?

Now waiting time for a decision.....

Wife and I have our interview on Thursday June 30, at 9:30am.

The nerves are setting in!

-russ

Location - Minnesota
11/March/11 - N-400 Sent to Phoenix, AZ
14/March/11 - N-400 Received
17/March/11 - Check Cashed
18/March/11 - Confirmation Email
22/March/11 - NOA Received
20/April/11 - FP e-notification
22/April/11 - FP letter
18/May/11 - FP Appointment
20/May211 - YL Received
06/06/11 - Received Interview Letter (30-June-2011)
DD/MM/11 - Interview -
DD/MM/11 - Ceremony Letter
DD/MM/11 - Ceremony -

My status finally changed to "Testing and Interview" today! I received both a text message and an email when my status changed!

I called customer service and, although the rep said she couldn't tell me what the interview date was over the phone, she told me it will be in August (I'm hoping early August)!

Mailed to Phoenix, AZ via USPS Express Mail

Los Angeles

Me and spouse
* Sent N-400: 3/24/11
* Application received: 3/25/11
* PD: 03/25/2011
* Check cashed: 3/29/11
* SMS & Email receipt: 3/30/11
* FP letter mailed: 04/01/2011 (email notification)
* NOA received: 04/02/2011
* FP letter received:04/09/2011
* FP Appointment date:04/26/2011 (walk-in on 04/21/2011)
* Interview Letter received: 06/23/2011
* Interview Date: 07/25/2011
* Oath Date:

MGTgrl - our cases moving almost similar
My onlinse status today got changed to "Testing and Interview"

N400 sent: 3/10/11
FP done: 3/30/11 (early walk-in)
Online sts change to "T&I": 6/27/11

My status finally changed to "Testing and Interview" today! I received both a text message and an email when my status changed!

I called customer service and, although the rep said she couldn't tell me what the interview date was over the phone, she told me it will be in August (I'm hoping early August)!

Hi everybody I have a couple of questions: do they update the status when they send you an oath letter (so I could get the email/text)?.. My status is in the oath scheduling queue. I have to travel to Arizona for a month and don't want to miss the oath ceremony... that leads to next question; what happens if you miss your oath ceremony for any reason?
Thanks in advance.

Hi everybody I have a couple of questions: do they update the status when they send you an oath letter (so I could get the email/text)?.. My status is in the oath scheduling queue. I have to travel to Arizona for a month and don't want to miss the oath ceremony... that leads to next question; what happens if you miss your oath ceremony for any reason?
Thanks in advance.

Answers may help me, too.

I am on the oath scheduling queue and waiting for the letter. I am tired of checking my mailbox multiple times a day! :eek:
I also pray for my oath letter before going to bed every night and wish for its speedy and on time delivery! :p

Leaving in 1/2 hour four our interview.

Wish us luck!

-russ

Location - Minnesota
22/April/11 - FP letter
20/May211 - YL Received
DD/MM/11 - Interview -
DD/MM/11 - Ceremony Letter
DD/MM/11 - Ceremony -

Hi all,

I had my interview today and was approved! It was a short interview and I'll put the highlights below:

-I first had to take the oath to tell the truth
-He asked for my IDs
-The exam happened first, I think he asked me all 10 questions and I got all of them right
-English test was reading a sentence and writing one: "Citizens can vote"
-The interview was essentially going over all the questions from application, including name, dob, etc
-For the arrests question, he asked, "these are all traffic related, right?", I said yes. He moved on and didn't ask for any proof of payment etc.
-Finally he said, that he is approving me and my oath will be on July 20th in my home town
-He was very professional and courteous

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions about my experience. Best of luck to everyone!

Hi all,

My wife and I had our interviews today and were both approved!

Both interviews were short. We were called at 9:45 am (scheduled for 9:30am) in Bloomington, MN.

- We started by taking an oath to tell the truth.
- He asked for my IDs (LPR and Drivers license)
- He asked for my marriage certificate. Last week, on a total whim, I ordered another copy just so my wife and I would each have one. Best $70 I ever spent, and I would have given the marriage cert to my wife had we only had one copy.
- English test was reading a sentence and writing one: ("George Washington was the Father of our Country")
- Like LongRoadToGC, the interview was essentially going over all the questions from application
- I was asked 6 questions. Once I got all six right he stopped the interview and said we were done
- He asked me to step into the waiting area and assuming a Sr. Officer approved his recommendation that I be approved, I would be issued an oath ceremony letter the same day
- I met my wife in the waiting area, and she said she was waiting for the same document/approval
- After 10 minutes, both my wife and I were called, and we received our oath ceremony letters for July 6th!!!

The interviewer was professional and courteous, but a bit emotionally detached. Nice enough guy, but not someone I'd go to the bar with.

I will keep you all posted on the oath ceremony next week!

-russ

p.s. Thankyouallsoverymuch for all the help and information. This is an invaluable service, and I hope I can return the favor.

Location - Minnesota
22/April/11 - FP letter
20/May211 - YL Received
30/06/2011 - Interview Complete
30/06/2011 - Ceremony Letter (06/July/2011)
DD/MM/11 - Ceremony -