2011 March N-400 Tracker

hi all,

I'm also a March filer (i just got a confirmation from the post office that the package with my application was delivered and received on 3/23/11 in Texas!!!)... i hope the process will be fast (does any of you know how long is the process in Miami???)

any way, i actually wanted to ask you all - since i see most of you registered on line and get the notification on your case... I'm actually little bit scared to do so, i don't really know why. I'm afraid it will make me nervous if ill see something is wrong... what do you think i should do??

neway - the next step for you would be to wait for the notification from USCIS that they have received your application. This hopefully should be by the end of next week. You'll get a text and email if you included the electronic notification form. Otherwise, you can just wait for your letter. Once you receive your letter or notification, it has your case number. Using your case number, you can check the status of your application on the main USCIS site without actually registering or anything.

Update: E-mail notification with Receipt Number received.

FYI: I was e-mailed at 1:30 am. I think they have a kind of auto messaging system or may be a night shift.

Hi All,

Just a quick update...I was able to walk-in and do my FP today ahead of schedule. The lady at the front desk didn't even care why I wanted to do it earlier. I started to explain, but she cut me off by saying it's OK, I can do it! I was very happy! There was barely anybody. Once I got a number, I was the 4th person to get called for the FP. I was very happy with their service!

Hi All,

Just a quick update...I was able to walk-in and do my FP today ahead of schedule. The lady at the front desk didn't even care why I wanted to do it earlier. I started to explain, but she cut me off by saying it's OK, I can do it! I was very happy! There was barely anybody. Once I got a number, I was the 4th person to get called for the FP. I was very happy with their service!

So what updates can we expect now? Is that electronic notification form only useful up to a FP letter?

I am not 100% sure, but I think we will get updates whenever something changes in file...i.e. when they send the IL etc... But I am not sure. The only update I got so far through my email was to tell me they have received my application. The rest of update I got by checking on the ucsis website.

By the way,does anybody know if the FBI background check is expedited if one had gotten a background check done recently (less than 1 year)? I work as a contractor to a federal govt agency, and I needed to get an FBI background check/public trust done in the last 7-8 months. Do you know if this means anything? It's just a wishful thinking, but if they have done my background check recently, it should be in their files already, so my background check should not take that long, right?!?

By the way,does anybody know if the FBI background check is expedited if one had gotten a background check done recently (less than 1 year)? I work as a contractor to a federal govt agency, and I needed to get an FBI background check/public trust done in the last 7-8 months. Do you know if this means anything? It's just a wishful thinking, but if they have done my background check recently, it should be in their files already, so my background check should not take that long, right?!?

Fingerprints don't usually expire for 15 months if you have done them with USCIS. but the fact that you done your biometrics for a different agency does NOT mean anything to Immigration office.

As far as how quick the FBI processes candidates fingerprints. it only takes minutes if not seconds. everything is done online through computers ..

I have done mine at Seattle field office for an N-400 and called the FBI later that day. they told me that the results were sent right back to USCIS 28 seconds later ..

So, No delay at all when it comes to FBI work, unless there is a hit about your name that matches someone on their blacklist ..

Good Luck

March 16 2006: First day became US resident (Greencard)
March 23 2011: Mail N-400 + GC copy + $680 check + 2 photos to Phoenix lockbox.
March 29 2011: NOA (via email and text)
March xx 2011

Los Angeles, CA

N-400 Sent: 03/10/2011
Application Received: 03/14/2011
Check Cashed: 03/17/2011
NoA Letter Received: 03/18/2011
FP Appointment Received: 03/28/2011
FP Appointment Date: 04/12/2011
FP Walk-In Attempted: 03/29/2011 (DENIED)
FP Done: 04/12/2011 (as Scheduled)
Interview Letter Received:
Interview Date:
Interview Done:
Oath Letter Received:
Oath Ceremony Date:

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding My Info to the Tracker

Location - Virginia

19/March/11 - N-400 Sent to LockBox Dallas TX
21/March/11 - N-400 Received
24/March/11 - Confirmation Email & SMS
25/March/11 - Check Cashed
27/March/11 - Notice of Action Received.
30/March/11 - FP Notice send as per Online Status.

Mailed to Phoenix, AZ via USPS Express Mail

Me and spouse
* Sent N-400: 3/24/11
* Application received: 3/25/11
* PD: 03/25/2011
* Check cashed: 3/29/11
* SMS & Email receipt: 3/30/11
* FP letter mailed: 04/01/2011 (email notification)
* NOA received: 04/02/2011
* FP letter received:
* FP Appointment date:
* Interview Letter received:
* Interview Date:
* Oath Date:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All - i have a question

Does any one know how long it take the USCIS to send the FP letter after the send the NOA ??
on the NOA the Notice Date is 3/25/11 (i got the letter on the 28th)... I'm about to take a flight next Sunday and i was just wondering if i should get any time soon the FP letter...

does any one know how long it take them?!

Does any one know how long it take the USCIS to send the FP letter after the send the NOA ??
on the NOA the Notice Date is 3/25/11 (i got the letter on the 28th)... I'm about to take a flight next Sunday and i was just wondering if i should get any time soon the FP letter...

You can expect the FP letter next week.

It depends on where you sent it. Dallas, a week, if Phoenix at least a month on current trends.

i filed mine on feb 18 , received feb 22, money order cashed feb 25 got my receipt feb 28, then online it says we MAILED you fingerprint notice on March 15th, but till today i have not received my fingerprints notice, when i check online it says sent on march 15th, when i called USCIS they said i have to wait 30 days from March 15th before they can do anything, anybody heard of a story like this?

Still waiting for my FP notice, NOA from AZ 3/11 (DO Portland, OR).

I was wondering if they may skip biometrics as it's been less than 1 year (4/16) since I did my FP for removal of conditions for greencard through marriage.