• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia Report Here!

Congrats on getting the physical 2NL Beech.

I can tell you that I'm as nervous as hell about getting mine. I've got a case number lower than yours but didn't return my papers until almost the end of July.

The last 2 times I've called the KCC they've told me that "your papers have finished processing however interview dates are only scheduled once a month, so please call back in 4 weeks." :(

I feel like I'm in limbo at the moment. Not wanting to make any real plans until it's sorted and nervous that I haven't got the 2NL yet.

I guess there's really nothing to do but keep waiting and try to keep myself calm!

Congrats on getting the physical 2NL Beech.

I can tell you that I'm as nervous as hell about getting mine. I've got a case number lower than yours but didn't return my papers until almost the end of July.

The last 2 times I've called the KCC they've told me that "your papers have finished processing however interview dates are only scheduled once a month, so please call back in 4 weeks." :(

I feel like I'm in limbo at the moment. Not wanting to make any real plans until it's sorted and nervous that I haven't got the 2NL yet.

I guess there's really nothing to do but keep waiting and try to keep myself calm!

Hey Zootfish,

I know what limbo land feels like for sure!. It's hard sometimes to keep balanced in thoughts of wanting to plan everything for your new life - and also taking care of the one we have right now... arghh. If KCC have processed your papers, maybe Sydney already has them?!. You can also email Sydney and ask if they have set an appointment date for you yet. sydneyiv@state.gov

Hey Zootfish,

I know what limbo land feels like for sure!. It's hard sometimes to keep balanced in thoughts of wanting to plan everything for your new life - and also taking care of the one we have right now... arghh. If KCC have processed your papers, maybe Sydney already has them?!. You can also email Sydney and ask if they have set an appointment date for you yet. sydneyiv@state.gov

I might well just do that I think.

What info did you provide them when you emailed them. Full name? Case number? Anything else?

Hey Zootfish,

I might well just do that I think.

What info did you provide them when you emailed them. Full name? Case number? Anything else?

Yes - full name, case number, date of birth, and that KCC has confirmed thru email that your papers have been processed and is it possible that an appointment date in Sydney been scheduled?!

Email sent! Thanks Beech.

Now I guess I'll just wait and see what they say.

Great! Now just sit tight (I know how hard that is - and I'm still trying on a daily basis to do it myself).
The few times I have emailed Sydney they have been pretty quick 2 days max. Keep us posted :)

Hi guys

Just a quick question - I finished year 12 in 1979 but did not receive a diploma as I failed some exams. I then completed a test to see if I could get into university and passed and was offered a place at university. Do you think the consulate will accept my getting into university as proof of passing year 12?

Hi guys

Just a quick question - I finished year 12 in 1979 but did not receive a diploma as I failed some exams. I then completed a test to see if I could get into university and passed and was offered a place at university. Do you think the consulate will accept my getting into university as proof of passing year 12?

i think yes but you need also at least 2 years of job experiences................

Regarding the High school diploma from Australia. Back in 1979 there was no diploma certificate given to the students at my school, we only sat for a tertiary examination. I got a letter recently from the high school I attended which said that I attended this high school from year 7 - year 12. I then sat the STAT examination a few years later to see if I could enter university and I passed and have that certificate. I was wondering if there is anyone from Australia who did not get a diploma/certificate but was able to enter university by using the external exam. Also, any info on what to present at the US embassy regarding high school diploma will be appreciated. Please share your experience of your interview if you have a similar situation as mine regarding high school certificate for the Green card.

Great! Now just sit tight (I know how hard that is - and I'm still trying on a daily basis to do it myself).
The few times I have emailed Sydney they have been pretty quick 2 days max. Keep us posted :)

Well, the repsonse from Sydney doesn't really help relieve the stress:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry. As you are apply for a Diversity Visa (DV); KCC will advise you the date and time of your scheduled interview. Please contact their office for further information."

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Well, the repsonse from Sydney doesn't really help relieve the stress:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry. As you are apply for a Diversity Visa (DV); KCC will advise you the date and time of your scheduled interview. Please contact their office for further information."

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Zoot - sit tight mate, I know it's nerve racking, but Im sure you will here very soon!

Zoot - sit tight mate, I know it's nerve racking, but Im sure you will here very soon!

Thanks Beech, but I now don't need to sit quite so tight.

I just called the KCC and they've confirmed an interview date in mid-January!!! :D

Letter should be here in the next week or so. Boy am I happy.

Thanks Beech, but I now don't need to sit quite so tight.

I just called the KCC and they've confirmed an interview date in mid-January!!! :D

Letter should be here in the next week or so. Boy am I happy.

YAY - how's that for a fabulous end to a Monday night ;) Congrats Zoot....

My interview is approx 2 weeks away -- I need your prayers :)

Hey Beech

Thanks for your reply. I emailed KCC and they said to contact them in 7-10 working days as my number was up for processing & they'd be able to give me an interview date. So I have booked my medicals for next week - I assume that my interview is going to be in January. My CN is 7xx.
I have so many emotions... I just cant wait to get notification that I am in fact getting an interview!

Anyway, I'll keep y'all posted!! And I expect the same of you! :)

Excited - that's great news! Im sure you'll here soon. The medical is pretty straight forward - maybe a few injections, a chest x-ray and bloods taken - and of course a physical. Just be honest and you'll be fine.
Yes - I will keep posted... Interview is very close... and I am very nervous! heheh - prayers all round!

Hi guys

aussiedudette

Entered DV 2011 - Oct 2009
CN - 2011OC000009XX - May 2010
Form sent to KCC 28 June 10

Regarding the High school diploma from Australia. Back in 1979 there was no diploma certificate given to the students at my school, we only sat for a tertiary examination. I got a letter recently from the high school I attended which said that I attended this high school from year 7 - year 12. I then sat the STAT examination a few years later to see if I could enter university and I passed and have that certificate. I was wondering if there is anyone from Australia who did not get a diploma/certificate but was able to enter university by using the external exam. Also, any info on what to present at the US embassy regarding high school diploma will be appreciated. Please share your experience of your interview if you have a similar situation as mine regarding high school certificate for the Green card.
aussiedudette

Entered DV 2011 - Oct 2009
CN - 2011OC000009XX - May 2010
Form sent to KCC 28 June 10
KCC received 1 July 10