• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia Report Here!

Coen, thanks for that last bit of insight. would you mind giving us/me a small rundown on what you did from the moment you set foot in the US for good by way of accomodation, finding a job, bank and all the other small stuff you need in order to survive in a new country. I have done it once before when I moved to the UK but I had family there and if I ever get the chance to go to the US, we would have no one at all!!

When the time comes I'd be glad to, I haven't moved yet, my interview should be in December and I am wasting no time in moving a few weeks later in January.

Still haven't got any mail from KCC.... I emailed KCC again a few days ago and expect i would here something either tomorrow or Thursday.

Still haven't got any mail from KCC.... I emailed KCC again a few days ago and expect i would here something either tomorrow or Thursday.

Dear Beech, when they reply to your e mail this time, you will get your interview date. Good luck.

Labora,

You were right! KCC emailed back this morning, and my appointment is in Dec :) I should receive paper confirmation between 7-10 days time.

Now I will book my medical and flights. :)

Labora,

You were right! KCC emailed back this morning, and my appointment is in Dec :) I should receive paper confirmation between 7-10 days time.

That is a great news Beech. I have sent an e mail to kcc today and will post what they reply. Good luck on your medicals.

Labora,

Did they indicate why so late for such a low case number? Are they running behind or were you with returning paperwork?

Coen,

They gave no indication as to why the interview was so late when my number is so low. I had my paperwork back fairly early.
It seems there have been a few changes this year.

Helo forumites, pls i need ur response to dis. My frnd wants to apply 4 d us dv lottery & asked me dis questions.
(1) If she cld wear a scarf while taking d passport photo for d lottery cos she is a Muslim Sister.
(2) She jst had her introduction but Wedding is supposed to take place on d 6th of nxt month & her husband is already a GC holder. She asked if she cld apply as couples or single bcos her husband fear dat if she applies as couples & wins, his GC may b terminated

Hi all,

As a DV 2011 winner i did my interview last week and thankfully was approved.

My wife and I have our green card stamps in our passports already!!! Woohoo!

We did our interview in the London Embassy.

Best advice i can give anyone (you will hear it all over this forum) is have all your documents prepared thoroughly, complete your DS230 forms carefully, be honest and try and relax in the interview. In my experience the interview is more of a formality to check you're documents and elligibility; if you satisify these criteria you're well on your way!

AJK

Hi ajk, did the IO ask you why do you want to live in the US? I'm thinking that is what they will ask everyone.

Hi all,

Best advice i can give anyone (you will hear it all over this forum) is have all your documents prepared thoroughly, complete your DS230 forms carefully, be honest and try and relax in the interview. In my experience the interview is more of a formality to check you're documents and elligibility; if you satisify these criteria you're well on your way!

AJK

Congratulations AJK, i wish u good luck. Allah dat did urs will surely do ours(Amen)

CONGRATS AJK - such wonderful news for you and your wife!

Hi all,

AJK

Helo forumites, pls i need ur response to dis. My frnd wants to apply 4 d us dv lottery & asked me dis questions.
(1) If she cld wear a scarf while taking d passport photo for d lottery cos she is a Muslim Sister.
(2) She jst had her introduction but Wedding is supposed to take place on d 6th of nxt month & her husband is already a GC holder. She asked if she cld apply as couples or single bcos her husband fear dat if she applies as couples & wins, his GC may b terminated

I don't know about the scarf but I believe the instruction for the picture has some information to religious headwear.

She should enter as single because she is not yet married. If she wins then she will have to put her spouse's information on her form as a formality because he will not need the visa.

Hi all,

AJK

Congratulations AJK!!!!

Hi all,

AJK

Congrats ajk. Wish u a happy life.

Hi all,

AJK

Congrats ajk. Wish u a happy life.

I had my medical today. All went well. Not to invasive. A few injections, blood test, chest x-ray and physical. The doctor confirmed that everything was ok. I will receive the report to take to the interview in a few days.