• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia Report Here!

Hi Guys,

I just called up the KCC, I gave them my case number which is 2011OC0000008* And I asked the agent around when my interview will be.

He said that they don't know yet, and that they've received all the paperwork. He said all the interview have been scheduled for October and I'm not one of them...
so I can find out next month if mine is in November.

I hope it's not later than November. After the call I felt a bit uncertain about the order they do the interviews in.

It won't be much later than November right?

Thanks,
Michael

I have a few things re: education to prove at the interview
Have you ever been to the US before or you just haven't found a place that you prefer to move too?

Beech,
I am not sure what you have about your education but if you have a certifcate of some sort that shows you completed year 12 at school then that is all you'll need.
I havent been to the US yet. Actually, I had no plans to leave Australia as I moved here only 4 years ago. I entered the DV lottery out of boredom one day and kaboom.... the next thing I knew I received a letter fron KCC to say I've been selected! I guess it is a good opportunity that I cannot let go by, so if I get the visa I guess I will have to go, but I will think about that if I get the visa.

I have an email (which is legal) from a senior officer at the Education Dept. stating that my education is well above yr 12 and if I wanted to apply for Uni (which I have) I would have a ranking score of XX. So I am pretty confident with that.

WOW - you have only been here for 4 yrs and now you have this opportunity. Personally this was my 4th attempt - and I have seen others on this forum who have applied many more years that I and never been picked. You are lucky :)
Maybe do some research on different states and see what appeals to you.

Beech,
I am not sure what you have about your education but if you have a certifcate of some sort that shows you completed year 12 at school then that is all you'll need.
I havent been to the US yet. Actually, I had no plans to leave Australia as I moved here only 4 years ago. I entered the DV lottery out of boredom one day and kaboom.... the next thing I knew I received a letter fron KCC to say I've been selected! I guess it is a good opportunity that I cannot let go by, so if I get the visa I guess I will have to go, but I will think about that if I get the visa.

Michael,

From the last visa bulletin (August), my understanding was that anyone from OC with ranking numbers up to 350 would be interview in Oct?! Maybe I miss understood also?

If you look a to a few previous postings in this thread
AJK said: "Hi Guys,
As mentioned in a previous thread way back, i am also an OC 2011 winner.
I rang KCC last week, and was informed my interview date will be within the first 3 weeks of October!!!"

His number is in the 100's --- so it seems contradictory to what you were told - but matches with the visa bulletin.

Hi Guys,

I just called up the KCC, I gave them my case number which is 2011OC0000008* And I asked the agent around when my interview will be.

He said that they don't know yet, and that they've received all the paperwork. He said all the interview have been scheduled for October and I'm not one of them...
so I can find out next month if mine is in November.

I hope it's not later than November. After the call I felt a bit uncertain about the order they do the interviews in.

It won't be much later than November right?

Thanks,
Michael

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could take a guess and tell me when they think my interview would be - my number is 2011OC000009XX.

Thanks
Sharon

Hi All

I just checked the VISA Bulletin... Its does indeed say rankings to 350 for October. The thing that confuses me about this is that it says DV2010 winners. Are we not DV2011 winners? Can anyone shed on this??

Cheers

Joanna

Hi Sharon

I am 20110C000007XX and everyone is telling me Jan? So I would say you will be not far off that too. However this is all just speculation! :)

Good Luck

The thing that confuses me about this is that it says DV2010 winners. Are we not DV2011 winners? Can anyone shed on this??

Joanna, It must be a typo. DV2010 finishes on 30 September so the visa bulletin cannot be correct. It should read DV2011.

I was wondering if anyone could take a guess and tell me when they think my interview would be - my number is 2011OC000009XX.

Sharon, the visa bulletins of DV 2010 went like this:
Oct: 0 to375
Nov: 376 to 475
Dec: 476 to 675
Jan: 676 to 775
Feb: 776 to 870
Mar: 871 to 880
Apr: 881 to 1000
May: 1001 to 1100
Jun: 1101 to 1175
Jul: 1176 to 1300
Aug: 1301 - to 99,999 (Current)
Sep: 1301 - 99,999 (Current)

If DV2010 is anything to go by, your interview should be in April 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 20110C000007XX and everyone is telling me Jan? So I would say you will be not far off that too. However this is all just speculation! :)

See my previous post... in DV2010 the 700's were Jan/Feb. Although it is mere speculation (as you said) it is a farly good indicator of the timeline involved and will help in your planning when getting docs that expire (medicals and police certificates)

Police clearance application = Done, Did medicals today. All that remains is to get them and go to the interview in 3 weeks!! Fingers crossed it all works out!.

Police clearance application = Done, Did medicals today. All that remains is to get them and go to the interview in 3 weeks!! Fingers crossed it all works out!.

You've already done your medical? WOW. We don't need to take any particular forms? You saw the Consulate Dr. in Brisbane? Tell us the process..... (please) :)

Also Superkruz... for your 2NL - was it email first, then a letter in the post or? and if it comes in the post - what colour envelope are we looking for? HA HA ----- it feels like it's May again! waiting waiting for that golden letter!

Thanks so much, SuperKruz. I had no idea you had last years bulletins. This is great - I can stop checking my mailbox!

Alll the best with your interview - please keep us all updated with your experiences... :)

Joanna

We don't need to take any particular forms? You saw the Consulate Dr. in Brisbane? Tell us the process..... (please) :)

Beech, just call the Doctors office (07-3229 1344) and they will tell you exactly what needs to be done. It was quite simple. You call them and say it for a US visa - they then email you the exact instructions. Basically, you have to have your case number, appointment letter, 3 photographs, passport & vaccination records (if you have it). You can pay by EFTPOS. They supply all the forms that must be completed when you get there, so this is all you need to take with you. If you want to see the instruction letter with your own eyes, PM your email address to me so I can mail you the instruction letter that I received from the Doctor.

First thing is to give a urine sample, then the physical examination (was quite weird as I had to undress completely), then the vaccinations. Thereafter you are sent to the radiologist (for chest x-rays) and pathologist (for blood test). I was sh1t scared for this (I have a fear of needles) but even I managed to survive the ordeal. The whole process takes about 3 hours.

Also Superkruz... for your 2NL - was it email first, then a letter in the post or? and if it comes in the post - what colour envelope are we looking for? HA HA ----- it feels like it's May again! waiting waiting for that golden letter!

As far as I am aware, KCC does not send any notifications via email - only by regular mail. The envelope is identical to the envelope of the first letter (approx A4 size, white envelope). If you want to see what the letter looks like so you can prepare for the arrival of yours, PM your email address to me so I can email a copy of mine to you.

What I did : I saw (in the visa bulletin) that my number was current, waited 2 more weeks, and then emailed KCC & the Consulate in Sydney (sydneyiv@state.gov) to ask about my interview date. Both replied within a day or two and gave me the date. About a week later the official letter arrived from KCC in the mail.