• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia Report Here!

Superkruz,

Thanks mate. I have encountered the same thing in the past. Im also considering contacting my attorney to see what advise he can offer.

Hi All

I just had a few q's regarding proof of funds.... Does this mean litterally a bank statement? Does it need be certified by the bank? Also, I do know one person that has gone through the whole process - they did not have to prove financial status or have AOS.

Is there anyone out there that has been through the whole process that can let us know if they had to provide any of these things?

It will be great to hear about your experiences when you have your interview....

One last question please!!

Are the fees for the VISA US$745 total? Do you have to pay the $440 if your VISA application is rejected?

Many thanks

Hi All

I just had a few q's regarding proof of funds.... Does this mean litterally a bank statement? Does it need be certified by the bank? Also, I do know one person that has gone through the whole process - they did not have to prove financial status or have AOS.

Is there anyone out there that has been through the whole process that can let us know if they had to provide any of these things?

It will be great to hear about your experiences when you have your interview....

excited,
although proof of financial stability is not a requirement in dv cases but it has been requested for by uscis adjudication officers and consular officers. they do not want the applicant to be a public charge when he arrives into the u.s. therefore, the rule of thumb here is that more is better than none. so if you have the documents to prove your financial stability it is better to submit them. it will strengthen your case.

One last question please!!
Are the fees for the VISA US$745 total? Do you have to pay the $440 if your VISA application is rejected?
The fees are now $840 per person ($45=security surcharge; $440=DV lottery surcharge; $355=Application fee). This is all payable (on the day of the interview) before you attend the interview. You lose it all if your application is unsuccesssful. This is all clearly stated in the second notification letter.

excited, although proof of financial stability is not a requirement in dv cases but it has been requested for by uscis adjudication officers and consular officers.
Interestingly, my appointment letter does not mention anything about AOS or proof of funds. I am going to take proof of funds in case they ask for it. I also have a copy of an appointment letter of a South African DV applicant, and it that letter either an AOS or proof of funds is listed on the required documentation. Seems like different consulates have different requirements. What is important to note is that Sydney seemingly does not require anything along those lines.

Superkruz,

Re: affidavit - I think Im gonna have my US friend sponsor me as back up - I have enough funds according to the 2009/2010 poverty guidelines, but by having the affidavit I have all bases covered incase I am asked. Can you paste the link of where I can find the most current one quickly? Thanks Pal.

Hey guys,

I know this has probably been covered somewhere in these forums so hoping someone can help me find it or just clarify it for me.

My interview in on the 6th October. Assuming a successful interview:
How long would I have before I need to enter a port of USA to activate my Visa?
On that visit, will I need to stay until I get my greencard delivered?
How long will I have before I have to move permanently after I receive my greencard?

Thanks in advance!

How long would I have before I need to enter a port of USA to activate my Visa?
On that visit, will I need to stay until I get my greencard delivered?
How long will I have before I have to move permanently after I receive my greencard?
1. You have to enter the US within 6 months of receiving the visa,
2. Your first entry into the US will trigger the production of your green card. You dont have to wait for it. You can leave the US as it will be mailed to your nominated address in the USA. The person who then receive it at that address can mail it to you. In the meantime, while you are waiting for the green card, the documents you get at the port of entry will serve as a temporary greencard.
3. You have to go back to the US within 1 year. If you fail to go back within a year you run the risk that you will be deemed to have abandoned you PR status and lose your green card. Read more about how to maintain your PR status on the USCIS website.

Thanks Superkruz. Im getting anxious to here about 2nd NL !!
I know exactly how you feel... I received my police certificates and medicals this week and cant wait to get the interview over and done with.... only 10 days to go till interview!

Hi all,

Have been following this thread keenly for 2 reasons:
1. Was in the process of applying for immigration to Aussie when my NL came through
2. Most of you have amazingly small case numbers(they must begin with oceania) so it allows me to learn what to expect ahead waaay in advance and prepare.

Wish you all the best in your interviews, keep us posted.

I know exactly how you feel... I received my police certificates and medicals this week and cant wait to get the interview over and done with.... only 10 days to go till interview!

I know your anxiety, I can't wait for it to all be over - and stamped of course! :) you have 10 days? you have your interview in Sept..I thought interviews started Oct 1?

you have your interview in Sept..I thought interviews started Oct 1?
Beech, You are right that interviews for DV2011 start on 1 October. I am one of the last ones for DV2010 and as you know September is the last month of processing of DV2010, which makes me ever more nervous. If I get anything wrong during the nterview I will have precious little time to fix it or get any additional documents by 30 September.

you'll be fine pal. I'll also say a few prayers for you ;)

Beech, You are right that interviews for DV2011 start on 1 October. I am one of the last ones for DV2010 and as you know September is the last month of processing of DV2010, which makes me ever more nervous. If I get anything wrong during the nterview I will have precious little time to fix it or get any additional documents by 30 September.

Hi Beech1814,
Did u e mail or call kcc to learn about ur interview date? I also sent the forms to kcc in late june but forms are still processing.