• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia Report Here!

A couple of questions

Hello

I am from Perth and have won the right to apply for a green card in the lottery and my case no is 2011OC000009xx. I have been living with my partner for 12 years but we are not officially married. We are going to get married, but of course we have to wait a month before tying the knot. We are then going to send our forms to the KCC. Do you think we have enough time to get married and to send the forms in and to still be successful with the application. I am a little nervous about not sending them in now. Or do you think we can send the forms in now and then get married. I don't want to do anything to mess up the application. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Just thought i would introduce myself. I am a dv 2011 winner (first time entry) and an Aussie (Brisbane), but currently living in London, UK.

So glad i found this forum - it will be nice to share the whole experience and forward to seeing everyone's updates!

Cheers,
AJK

Hello Everyone,

Another winner here! very exciting!! my CN is 2011OC0000008* Does anymore know approximately when an interview might be? (based on last year)

Cheers,
Michael

Congratulations PartyInTheUSA and others :)

Just wondering how everyone else who was waiting went?? Did you check online today??

Tamara.

Congrats for all winners.
I didn't win.
I got the following message,
Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2011 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Does it mean that I lost the chance this year? or I could win later? if could, how often should I check the website?
Regards

Sorry to hear that jjack - i would check a couple of times, a few people on the forums seem to be having mixed success with the website...

If not, good luck next time :)

Online Status Check

thank you

I got the NL letter & Barcode in May 2010, but the online status says I have NOT been selected; there might
just be an error with the system. I plan to wait a few days, check again and if it still show the same I will call
or email the KCC.

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me what is the chances for my DV geting 2nd letter,

CN:2011AS00043XXX -NEPAL
June 10 2010: NL1 Received
June 15 2010: Forms sent to KCC
June 18 2010: Fedex confirms the delivery

I heard some one saying lower the case# higher the chances , does they only look on the case# or do they have other criteria for selection / rejection?

Hi Everyone,

I sent my initial forms approx 4weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. My CN is in the low hundreds, so I' expecting to here back soon. Has anyone got confirmation for their Sydney Interviews yet?

Good luck, fellow Australians. Good to see more on the forum :)

I have an interview next month in Sydney, but entered the 2011 lottery too.. as it was before I had heard..

Generally only about 700 Australians win each year.

roughly how many australian apply each yr as i got it first go (dv 2010 - moved 2 months ago) aswell as the lady that had the interview b4 me.

Hello

I am from Perth and have won the right to apply for a green card in the lottery and my case no is 2011OC000009xx. I have been living with my partner for 12 years but we are not officially married. We are going to get married, but of course we have to wait a month before tying the knot. We are then going to send our forms to the KCC. Do you think we have enough time to get married and to send the forms in and to still be successful with the application. I am a little nervous about not sending them in now. Or do you think we can send the forms in now and then get married. I don't want to do anything to mess up the application. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
yes get married asap and send the forms in and decclare her as as the spouse. i left it to laste and had to leave the gf at home and havin alsorts of dramas now trying to get her any sort of visa. even afta you lodge the forms it can be changed but she will need all the same documents that u need. email the syd consulate. they were very helpful and explained it to me. we just left it too late to get married etc b4 my interview.

How long did it take for your police certificate? I'm thinking about doing my police certificate and medical/vaccinations at the start of September, being a 66* I'm guessing my interview will be in December which is 3 months.

qld took 4 weeks

Hi guys , firstly congrats on everyone who has succeeded with their lottery but I have a few questions. I have no special skill , no family in the US so the only way I can get there (besides flying to mexico and running across the dessert and possibly getting shot) is by the Greencard lottery.

1. Should I apply at the next lottery even though I won't be ready for 5 years or so?
2. How much funds do you have to have if you won the lottery to be a ideal candidate?
3. How long does it take after you have won the lottery?
4. What are the chances of actually winning the lottery?
5. I realise you need a criminal history check if you get to the interview stage and I realise that you have to show you are vaccinated against diseases and do not have any HIV etc. But what about medical records , do you have to take copies of EVERYTHING from when you were born from medicare in?? If so what about if you have history of depression and possible drug use ?
6. Also is working as a Security guard FT with reasonable work history and finishing my year 12 hsc good enough for the requirements? Also have few other 6 months tafe certificates etc.

Thanks guys.

Anyone with any advice??

Would like the possibility of moving to the US at a later date just want to make sure it is possible with the things I stated above.....

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me what is the chances for my DV geting 2nd letter,

CN:2011AS00043XXX -NEPAL
June 10 2010: NL1 Received
June 15 2010: Forms sent to KCC
June 18 2010: Fedex confirms the delivery

I heard some one saying lower the case# higher the chances , does they only look on the case# or do they have other criteria for selection / rejection?

Your case will be current in August or September 2011.

Does KCC normally send confirmation either by email or regular post of receiving your first documents in response to winning?

Does KCC normally send confirmation either by email or regular post of receiving your first documents in response to winning?

They don't acknowledge it at all. I emailed them asking if there was any paperwork that I needed to provide outstanding on my file (along with full name, date of birth and case number for security) and received the following reply:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. If you are scheduled for an interview, you will receive a notification letter via postal mail from KCC. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Interviews for the DV 2011 program will begin in October 2010 and conclude on September 30, 2011. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. After August 15, 2010, you may refer to the visa bulletin at w*w.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers being processed. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter. If you are scheduled for an interview, KCC will send a notification letter via the address you provided on question three of the DSP 122.