2011 April N-400 Tracker

my wife interview was just 10 minutes went to the interview place at 2 pm sign in waited about 5 minutes . The officer came in and called her for the interview first he asked her to read then ask her to write and he told her u passed on reading and writing then asked her 6 questions and passsed her history then he asked her your husbnd get citizenship in rome she told him yes b/c he was in the army that time. then he asked her want to change the name she said yes and sign some paperwork and gave her the paper saying u passed . it's was really easy and with in 10 minutes everything is done. i am still surprise just took 10 minutes.

Congratulation binocjohn.,

If chance can you brief your experience from ENTRANCE to EXIT.
That information more useful and helpful to other members who ever in N-400 track.

I would sincerely appreciate your time.

Thanks.,
usinsuser99

I sent my N400 to NSC 06/29/11 and I got my receipt with the last sentence: You should expect to be notified within 365 days of this notice. Did anyone receive similar statement like this?

Now a US Citizen!!! My interview was at 1030AM but didn't get called in until 11:10AM. Was out of the interview by 11:20AM.
Interview was quick and easy(Don't have kids, not married, no travel in the last 5 years).
Returned to the Office for my Oath ceremony at 1:00pm. And was a citizen by 2:00Pm!!

Time to apply for that passport :)

Congratulations, Taurusborn! That's awesome. I just had my FP done at the same office today.

Now a US Citizen!!! My interview was at 1030AM but didn't get called in until 11:10AM. Was out of the interview by 11:20AM.
Interview was quick and easy(Don't have kids, not married, no travel in the last 5 years).
Returned to the Office for my Oath ceremony at 1:00pm. And was a citizen by 2:00Pm!!

Time to apply for that passport :)

Conglatulations to every one who is done with this journey. Most of other Aprils seems to be doing a wonderful progress.
Eastsidedude, good luck tomorrow!

Conglatulations to every one who is done with this journey. Most of other Aprils seems to be doing a wonderful progress.
Eastsidedude, good luck tomorrow!

Thanks guys! I got through the interview and oath today. The interview was really short; the officer was very polite and friendly.

There were ~ 40 people today in Seattle that had oath after a same-day interview and another maybe 30 people who have had interviews earlier. My personal experience from USCIS has been very positive both during the AOS and Naturalization.

My only concern at this point is what happens if I lose the naturalization certificate - seems like a slow process to replace.

Good luck everyone, don't stress over the interview!

PD - 4/20
Fingerprinted - 5/13
Interview scheduled - 6/13
Interview and Oath - 7/20

Thanks guys! I got through the interview and oath today. The interview was really short; the officer was very polite and friendly.

There were ~ 40 people today in Seattle that had oath after a same-day interview and another maybe 30 people who have had interviews earlier. My personal experience from USCIS has been very positive both during the AOS and Naturalization.

My only concern at this point is what happens if I lose the naturalization certificate - seems like a slow process to replace.

Good luck everyone, don't stress over the interview!

PD - 4/20
Fingerprinted - 5/13
Interview scheduled - 6/13
Interview and Oath - 7/20

Congrats Eastsidedude. Apply for your passport ASAP. Then file away that Naturalization Certificate ;)

U.S passport in hand. Sent in my application March 28. Originally sent it from Los ANgeles, but then moved to Seattle. Thanks so much to everyone for your help and I wish everyone the best of luck in this journey. Big hug to my fellow Aprillers since I joined this thread instead of the March thread for some reason.

xoxo

July 22 - Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview.

The funny thing is my application was sent to the Field Office on May 16, 67 days ago since last activity. So I called the customer service today at 2PM ET and they sent a notification at 6:44PM. I don't know if it was a coincidence but if I were you to those who are waiting for a while it probably wouldn't hurt if you call and make sure you tell them you want to talk to someone who knows the details of the case because I was transferred to another person by the first customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Online status says FP notice mailed but not received even after more than 3 weeks!!

This is for both me and my spouse. We are in San Jose, CA.
Sent application - 6/16/2011. By priority mail to Phoenix, AZ.
USCIS email and text confirmations received: 6/21/2011
checks cashed 6/21/2011
Notice of Action received in the mail - 6/25/2011
Online status Update - FP letter mailed - 6/30/2011
Till 7/24: Have still not received the FP letter in the mail!!!

It is hard for 2 mail peices (one for me, another for my spouse) to be lost in the mail: I have been checking my mailbox thoroughly and am pretty sure they have not been delivered. Based on the timeline of other folks, it seems like my original fingerprinting apptt is either already past due, or is about to be past due.

Options for us:
1. Open an online enquiry - it won't let me open one until it has been 5 months from 6/21/2011. Ruled out.
2. Call USCIS - tried multiple times. Have been told they cannot do anything until 30 days from 6/30 (earlier I thought they said I had to wait until 30 days from 6/21) - they couldn't even tell me when my FP was scheduled for. Folks that have experience calling USCIS - kindly advise. Is there any way I can get to speak to a senior person there, and ask them to resend the FP letter?
3. Request re-scheduling my FP apptt and then hope that I will get the new FP letter in the mail. I am told that the process to request re-sched of FP is mentioned in the FP letter (which I have not received). Can any of you that have received the FP letter tell me the process for that? Is this option advisable?
4. Just walk into the San Jose office without the FP letter and ask to be fingerprinted. I don't know if they will let me - anyone has any experience with that?
5. Setup an Infopass apptt - what is it? Is it appropriate? Will it help?
6. Wait until 7/29 and then call them on 7/29 (or is it 8/1?)

Anything else I can do?

Done with Interview

Almost to the destination!
Did our interview this morning, easy and very basic. My wife was called in first and then I was in about five minutes later. We were scheduled for 10:30am and were called and by 11am we were both in the waiting room waiting for the oath notices. Got the notices in a about 45 minutes and oath in a week, August 3rd at 2pm!:D

Updated Signature.
Interview was scheduled @11:50AM but as my wife was scheduled at 8AM , they keep family together, they changed mine also at 8 AM. Interview was separate with different officer.
She asked me for OATH for answering all questions corrcet.
Then started with English Knowledge, Then Civic questions.
Nothing about Speeding Tickets.
I requested her to schedule next available OATH date and she scheduled 28th and passed the same info to the oficer who was interviewing my wife. Very co-operative.
Waiting time is too long but interview hardly takes 15-20 minutes.
Good Luck you guys.
(Sorry for late in reply as first I got my laptop re-imaged, forgot password and then trip to India.)