2010 March N-400 Tracker

Congratulations............ the whole process completed in 3 months.

Fellow March, April, May, and June filers, today On June 29, 2010, I had my interview at Seattle USCIS office. My appointment was at 8:00 am and by 8:45 I was out of the building. I passed the test, and recommended for approval. At 11:30 a.m., I came back and I had my oath cermony. By 12:30, I had my naturalization certificate in hand...the journey is over....for those of you who have had your interviews, congratulations...for those of you who are waiting, good luck...

.........live goes on and so is with you hopefully

Congrats! My interview was scheduled in Fairfax, VA on June 29,2010 and I was asked the same questions. What a coincidence or is it a pattern?

Fellow March, April, May, and June filers, today On June 29, 2010, I had my interview at Seattle USCIS office. My appointment was at 8:00 am and by 8:45 I was out of the building. I passed the test, and recommended for approval. At 11:30 a.m., I came back and I had my oath cermony. By 12:30, I had my naturalization certificate in hand...the journey is over....for those of you who have had your interviews, congratulations...for those of you who are waiting, good luck...

For those of you who are interested in the details, here are the details.........

My appointment was scheduled at 8:00 am in Seattle. I showed up around 7:30 am. After checking in through security, I handed my appointment letter a guy at the front dest. He scanned it through his computer, and he gave me my appointment
letter, and directed me to the second floor. When I went upstrairs, business was in full swing. Five different officers were
calling in...Seatte office opens for business at 6:30....
At 8:15 am, an African American male in his 50th called my name. he took me his office...he told me to remain standing...while standing he introduced himself, and told me he will be conducting my interview and heinistered the oath and he told me to sit down....the officer overall was very serious. No joking, no humor, nonothing...just the stuff on my application...when I sat down, he asked for my greencard, passport or travel document. I gave him my greencard, and travel document. He checked the data on my greencard and the travel document against my form N-400. Once he finished with that he gave them back to me....and then he moved to the application. He asked me all the questions on the form. On two occations he stopped. Once he told me that I needed to wait while he finished reading the questions; in an other, he told me that I needed to answer either yes or no...and this was because I was nodding or responding in my native language as though the guy understood my native language....along the the way, there was one complitication...he asked me how many children I had, and I said Y children. He said on your application for greencard in 2006 you claimed you had X children. I had some paperwork from 2000 with me which listed all my children. I produced that paper and he said he will need to copy it...with all the paperwork I had, that was the only one of use....nothing else...after we completed the questions on the form, we moved to the test...
for the reading....he told me to read...one sentence on a piece of paper: which state has the most population?
for the writing California has the most population...

History and civics:
1. In the cold war, what was the main concern for the US? Communism
2. If the president can no longer serve, who takes over? the vice president
3 There X amendements to the constitutions as who can vote, what is it? citizens 18 and over can vote
4. Name one right from the first amendment? speech, assembly, etc

He told me that I passed the test...he had me sign the application...sign my pictures...after that he pulled out a one paper sheet with some questions. He told me to answer no to all of them and sign. This paper is normally given to applicants between interview and oath so that if there are changes in between interview and oath they can report, but he didn't gave it to. He had me fill out and put it in my file. At the end, he gave me the paper stating that I passed the test and remondend for approval. He gave me another sheet that was suppossed to serve as pass for the cermony which was to be held at 11:30 am on the same day........I went back for the ceremony...it ended by 12:30, and went out the building with my cer. in hand...............end of story, end of immigration journey.........live goes on and so is with you hopefully

Congrats! My interview was scheduled in Fairfax, VA on June 29,2010 and I was asked the same questions. What a coincidence or is it a pattern?

Congrats to you and Faysal.
Looks like they have few combination with same set of questions. I have seen few other asked the same set that I was.

Well, PASSED and Recommened for Approval!! As far as my experience, I got to 1600 Callowhill around 10:30a for a 11am appointment and went to the 2nd flr then told to go to the 3rd flr, I sat down for no more than 10 mins and the INS officer called my name. We back to his office and swore me in the went over the application and took the test and given N652 and asked about the OD and he said wait and I should get something in the mail in 5 to 6 weeks. I asked for earlier and he gave me Jul 16 at 9am, all in all I must say he was very professional and made me feel at ease, we chatted about other stuff, so GREAT EXPERIENCE!!

Must say that without this website I would have been lost not knowing what to expect. Through the experiences of others who have posted, I knew what to expect and for that thank you. I wish all those after me the best of luck and to those who have not filed yet and just thinking about it, you have come to the right place.

Today my wife completed her interview and got her OL, the OD is 07/09/2010.

Best of luck to all include me. :)

Thanks everyone. My details below. Updating the tracker as well.
* Philadelphia, DO
* Based on 5 yr rule

It's my time to move on the next thread "Life after Citizenship". Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations everyone! We are starting to see a lot of movement in this group. Lots of interviews and oaths! My interview is next Monday, I'm getting more nervous about it with each day that passes. I cannot wait to go and get the interview over with!

Congratulations everyone! We are starting to see a lot of movement in this group. Lots of interviews and oaths! My interview is next Monday, I'm getting more nervous about it with each day that passes. I cannot wait to go and get the interview over with!

good Luck! We will be very interested in how it goes for you, as my daughters interview is the following month :)

I received my Oath Letter on Saturday (July 3rd). Looking forward to the last stage in the process !!!

PD 3/22/2010
FP app 5/7/2010
FP done 5/7/2010 (Oakland, CA)
ID 6/24/2010 (San Francisco, CA)
OL recvd 7/3/2010
OD 7/26/2010 (Oakland office)

Hi VYLE,

Thanks for asking, by the help of GOD, I completed my interview and got my OL.
I and my wife both schedule for Oath on 07/09/2010.

Over all it was very a good experience and it took 45 minutes to complete the whole process.

Good luck to all who are waiting for FP, IL or OL.

ZAR, how was your interwiew today??