2010 March N-400 Tracker

smdk

Cleveland seems to be pretty slow...
give it a week...

Question: It's been 30 days after the interview (Passed and recommended for Approval) and no oath letter yet.
Should be concerned?
Should I get a infopass appointment? 1-800 number is no use.
Thanks

Thank you guys. I was happy with how easy the whole process was. This site, once again, helped tremendously. I was gladly surprised to received the Oath Letter right after my interview

I will come back this weekend to post my Oath Ceremony experience and close this chapter of my life.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting to complete this final step in the immigration journey.

Thank you guys. I was happy with how easy the whole process was. This site, once again, helped tremendously. I was gladly surprised to received the Oath Letter right after my interview

I will come back this weekend to post my Oath Ceremony experience and close this chapter of my life.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting to complete this final step in the immigration journey.

Congrats cfiler.

Had my interview today at the Phoenix office, passed and recommended for approval! Experience was great, even though I was really nervous. The officer was friendly and went through the application confirming all the information I had provided in it, then proceeded with the reading and writing test, after which she asked the six civics questions. The tests included the following:

Reading test:
Who elects Congress?

Writing test:
The people elect Congress.

Civics test:
1. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
2. Name one state that borders Mexico.
3. Who is the Commander in Chief of the military?
4. What is the political party of the President now?
5. There were 13 original states. Name three.
6. What are the two major political parties in the United States?

All in all, I was in and out of the interview in about 15 minutes. The officer stated that upon acceptance of her recommendation for approval, I should receive an Oath letter, which would be within 4 to 6 weeks.

I'm really hoping it's a heck of a lot less than 4-6 weeks in Phoenix, although based on rchirugurupati's experience his took a while... yet another friend of mine got their Oath letter within a few days for the following week (this was back in March however).

Anyone else have any experience on Phoenix time from interview to Oath?

Congrats, my DO is pretty slow, the officer said i was gonna get the letter 4 to 6 weeks, still waiting. It sucks to wait though

Thanks. Yes the wait sucks.
They told me that they will sent the letter with in 45 days and got it in 34 days.
You still have a week left. Hopefully you will get it soon.

Why some people get Oath letter on the spot just after interview and approval and some people have to wait as long as over 6 weeks. I will complete one week tomorrow. If you live in a DO that has many Immigration officers including several supervisor, I guess you go faster else you need to wait over six weeks, this is my wild guess.

MN_DO

Why some people get Oath letter on the spot just after interview and approval and some people have to wait as long as over 6 weeks. I will complete one week tomorrow. If you live in a DO that has many Immigration officers including several supervisor, I guess you go faster else you need to wait over six weeks, this is my wild guess.

MN_DO

Yes that is weird. It is the same organization, not sure why different DO's have different procedures. I am from India and we complain about different procedures in the 4 consulates we have in USA. This seems no different that that :(

MN_DO

It probably has to do with the number of ceremonies performed each month/year and the number of applicants. Orlando has Oath ceremonies every single Friday. I interviewed on a Monday so there was still room for the ceremony this Friday

I attended the Oath ceremony in Orlando, FL this morning.

I was asked to go to the same location as the interview and be there by 10 AM. We arrived at 9:30 AM and the parking spots were filling up very quickly so I would recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes before they ask you to be there. It looked like they had performed another ceremony before 10 as there were a lot of people leaving with Citizenship certificates in hand.

We had to walk through the security checkpoint. There was a long line and it took about 10 minutes to get through. We were asked to have a seat and wait until 10 AM.

At 10 the same person who interviewed me came out and asked everyone to form 3 lines in front of the reception counter. They also asked the guests that came along to please wait while they processed everyone.

When you arrive to the counter, they check the answers on the back of the Oath Ceremony letter and they will collect your green card. After they take your green card you are asked to go into the room where the ceremony will take place.

Applicants were seated in the middle section. They had rows of 10 seats each. When you entered a row, they took your Oath Letter, that way they knew the order in which all of us had seated, this is important because they will then distribute the Citizenship certificates in the same order. On top of each chair there was a small packet that contained a book called "The Citizen's Almanac", a copy of the Constitution, a voter registration form, a passport application and an American flag.

Once we were all seated, guests were allowed into the room and they were asked to seat on the chairs on either side of the room. So guests were on the right and left of the room, while the applicants were in the middle of the room.

The ceremony started at 10:30 AM. The same person who had interviewed me welcomed all of us and gave a short speech and he introduced a video called "Faces of America." Once the video was over he introduced a woman from the Board of Elections who explained that we would be eligible to vote. She recommended that we fill the voter registration card after the ceremony and that they would have people in the lobby collecting the forms, that way we don't have to worry about mailing anything in.

After her little talk, they introduced the Director of the Orlando field office. He gave a 5-10 minute speech. I hate to say this but it was an absolutely horrible speech. It was as if he was taking Speech 101 and just 5 minutes earlier they had asked him to give a speech to the people about to be sworn in. What a shame.

When he was done a woman, I'm not sure who she was, came on the stage. The man who first spoke explained that there were 101 people from 33 countries being sworn in this morning. He proceeded to name each country and you were asked to stand and remain standing once your country was called.

Once everyone was standing up he told the woman that we were all eligible to become US Citizens and to please perform the ceremony.

She asked us to join her and sing the Star Spangled Banner anthem. As soon as we were done she told us to raise our right hand and to repeat after her. At this point we were given the Citizenship Oath. When we finished everyone clapped and waved their American flags. She congratulated us and then she asked a man from the military who had also become a US Citizen that morning to come up to the stage with her. All of us together said the Pledge of Allegiance.

Afterwards, she introduced the next video, a speech given by President Obama welcoming all of us as the newest American Citizens. It was a short but, as you would expect, a good and moving speech.

Following Obama's speech, they played the "I'm proud to be an American" music video and most people sang along while waving their flags. You could feel the pride and happiness in the room.

After the song was over they started distributing the Citizenship certificates. They were given in the order in which we were seating. Each of us came up to the stage and picked up the certificate. At this point you could have your picture taken while holding the certificate.

Once you had the certificate in your hand you were free to leave. I went out into the lobby and filled out the voter registration form and turned it in.

We left the building at 11:15 AM.

Overall the ceremony was well organized and it didn't take a very long time. Now I am finally a US Citizen and I am glad that I will never have to deal with USCIS ever again! They were very nice to me during this final stage of the immigration journey, but I will not miss them!

I would like to thank every person in this board for their assistance and friendship. Becoming a US Citizen is a very big part of all of our lives and I wish everyone the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview and Oath completed for both me and my wife. US Citizens now. Questions below (me and my wife's):
1. What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution?
2. What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?
3. We elect a President for how many years?
4. If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
5. What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?
6. There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them.
7. What is one reason colonists came to America?
8. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
9. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
10. During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the United States?
11. Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States.
12. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

Good luck to you all who are awaiting the interview.

and oh btw, I took a certified copy of driving record from DMV and also took the original ticket and payment receipts to the interview. The officer made copies of these documents.

We (me and my wife) received oath letters scheduled for August 6, 2010

DO St. Pual, MN
04/27/2005 LPR Date

03/12/2010 N-400 Mailed to Arizona lockbox via regular mail
03/15/2010 N-400 Received as per NOA
03/23/2010 N-400 PD
03/25/2010 N-400 ND
03/26/2010 NOA mailed from Zip Code 85034
03/29/2010 Check cased as per On-line bank record
03/30/2010 NOA received
04/02/2010 RFE mailed on March 31, 2010, may be this is FP as per on-line status
04/01/2010 FP mailed from Zip code 64063
04/03/2010 FP noticed received
04/14/2010 FP scheduled at Application Support Center
04/14/2010 FP Done
04/23/2010 IL mailed from ZIP 64063
04/24/2010 Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled - as per on-line status check
04/26/2010 IL Received
06/24/2010 ID

Almost a week before interview date we (me and my wife) received letters saying that our interviews are postponed

06/29/2010 ID - Wife
07/07/2010 ID - myself
07/16/2010 OL Received for both
08/06/2010 OD