2010 March N-400 Tracker

Thanks everyone. My details below. Updating the tracker as well.
* San Jose DO
* All times are approx
* Based on 5 yr rule

03/12/10: N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
03/15/10: Notice date
03/26/10: Cash checked
04/05/10: NOA received
04/20/10: FP date (Walk In)
05/05/10: IL received
06/04/10: ID (Passed)
06/15/10: OL
06/23/10: OD (Campbell, CA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Received ILs today for me and my spouse. ID is set for 07/21 for both.

IPL-fan - My interview is on the same day as yours.....may be we will meet at the USCIS office :):)

I would like to ask a question here instead opening a new thread

The apartment where I live now was not available at the time when I moved to this state and I used a temporary address for to register my car and transferred my Driving License, later I updated the address with DMV and had the sticker on back of my DL which show the current address, but my issue is I didn’t mention the temp address on
N-400.

Guys you think this will be an issue, can I mention about this address during interview? Is anyone went through the same situation?
I would mention about this address during an interview and explain that it was a temporary address -so it's why you forgot about it in n400.

Goddamnit! Everyone's getting an IL but me. This is really shitty.

Something isn't right, from what I can tell anyone who gets a YL either follows immediately thereafter with an IL. Did you call USCIS? Your application has already been in the queue for 90+days so I believe you should be able to at least file an inquiry. In my case I received a YL a day after I got my IL, even though the YL was quite simple with a requirement to bring my state issued identification. Is the website showing a different status for you?

kannan_ram,

Good luck on your interview today. Let us know how it goes. Also if you happen to read this before your interview, I'd appreciate it if you can glean from the USCIS folks as to how long the average time from interview to oath is in Phoenix. I'd like for some friends and family to fly into town for when the oath ceremony happens but with the 2 to 4 week standard verbage window that they quote it's impossible to make travel arrangements.

Thanks.

Thank you Cyclonus. Sorry I did not read your post before my interview.

Got a traffic ticket just a week before the interview. So dumb of me. Hence a decision was not made in my case. Need to submit the documents related to the ticket after which it will be decided.

Interview was very easy. I was interviewed by a lady. She was very cordial. I was asked to raise my right hand and take the oath, once I entered her office. Straight away I was asked the interview questions.

1. Who wrote the constitution ?
2. What is the political party of the President ?
3. Name three original colonies ?
4. Who is the commander in chief of the US military ?
5. What are the two political parties in the United States ?
6. Name one state that borders Mexico ?

I answered all six correct. Then she gave me a sentence to read - which I cannot recollect now. Passed. Then she asked me to write - The congress meets in Washington. Passed.

Then she went through my application and confirmed everything. There was a change of address which she already had on the system. She just confirmed that was correct. Asked my SSN. Then went through the YES / NO questions. And then the new and only traffic ticket of my life. My court date for the ticket is on 07/15/2010. She asked me to submit a certified copy of the court disposition and the original ticket within 30 days (07/23/2010); either by mail and drop off at the Phoenix DO location.

Gave the document which says, passed the interview. Decision cannot be made about your application.

Gave another document which shows that I need to submit certified copy of the court disposition before 07/23/2010. The interview process was completed in 25 - 30 minutes.

The traffic tickets is an extra hurdle that I created for myself. Hopefully it goes well.

And good luck to you all. Please be careful and do not make the same mistake that I made, like getting a ticket just before the interview.

Kannan,

Sorry to hear about your ticket and decision can't be made.....

I hope you get your results/OL very soon. Good luck.

My wife had her interview yesterday and she was approved and have her oath next Monday 06/28/2010. Today I have my interview and I passed the text and recommended for approval with the form N-652 and the officer asked me to wait outside for my oath letter to be on Monday with my wife. After an hour, the officer called me back and told me that they can not approve my application as I submitted my application 91 days before it is due. Priority date is March 16,2010 and my LPR June 14,2005. I asked to talk to the supervisor and he told me he will reject both my wife and my application due to this and he has to cancel her oath. The supervisor told me he will send a rejection letters for both and to reapply again with a new application.

LPR since 06/14/2005

DO: Detroit, MI
03/15/2010: N400 Mailed Phoenix, AZ(Self and Wife)
03/16/2010: N400 Received Per USPS (EXPRESS)
03/26/2010: Checks cashed
04/01/2010: NOA received
04/03/2010: Email received RFE sent 04/01/2010
04/05/2010: FP notice received( scheduled for 04/29/2010)
04/06/2010: Walk-in FP failed
04/29/2010: FP Done
05/06/2010: Case has been transfered to local office(Wife)
05/13/2010: Case has been transfered to local office(Myself)
06/22/2010: ID Wife ( Approved)
06/23/2010: ID Self ( Initially approved)
xx/xx/2010: OD Wife
xx/xx/2010: OD Self

My wife had her interview yesterday and she was approved and have her oath next Monday 06/28/2010. Today I have my interview and I passed the text and recommended for approval with the form N-652 and the officer asked me to wait outside for my oath letter to be on Monday with my wife. After an hour, the officer called me back and told me that they can not approve my application as I submitted my application 91 days before it is due. Priority date is March 16,2010 and my LPR June 14,2005. I asked to talk to the supervisor and he told me he will reject both my wife and my application due to this and he has to cancel her oath. The supervisor told me he will send a rejection letters for both and to reapply again with a new application.

LPR since 06/14/2005

DO: Detroit, MI
03/15/2010: N400 Mailed Phoenix, AZ(Self and Wife)
03/16/2010: N400 Received Per USPS (EXPRESS)
03/26/2010: Checks cashed
04/01/2010: NOA received
04/03/2010: Email received RFE sent 04/01/2010
04/05/2010: FP notice received( scheduled for 04/29/2010)
04/06/2010: Walk-in FP failed
04/29/2010: FP Done
05/06/2010: Case has been transfered to local office(Wife)
05/13/2010: Case has been transfered to local office(Myself)
06/22/2010: ID Wife ( Approved)
06/23/2010: ID Self ( Initially approved)
xx/xx/2010: OD Wife
xx/xx/2010: OD Self

OMG !!!! Sorry to hear that.....

I just replied to someone in another thread about the same problem.....

Why didn't you apply a week or 10 days later??? Lot of us did that.

Hope everthing works out for you well in the end...

WOW!!!!! :((((((
NJ_Detroit, so sorry to hear this... :(
Why, why people do this mistake again and again? So frustration and expencive lesson. :(
Wish you a smooth second try.

That is so messed up. Wow what a waste of money, Especially when the economy is so hard! people you need to be carefull with the dates you apply on, because USCIS calculations and our calculations never adds up, To be on the safe side please apply atleast a full week after 90 days
Im so sorry for both of you

Sorry to hear that NJ_Detroit. That is heart breaking. Hopefully your second try goes fine.

My wife had her interview yesterday and she was approved and have her oath next Monday 06/28/2010. Today I have my interview and I passed the text and recommended for approval with the form N-652 and the officer asked me to wait outside for my oath letter to be on Monday with my wife. After an hour, the officer called me back and told me that they can not approve my application as I submitted my application 91 days before it is due. Priority date is March 16,2010 and my LPR June 14,2005.

Really? March 16 is exactly 90 days before June 14, not 91 days. But ... does your priority date represent when USCIS received the application? Did they receive it before March 16?

Really? March 16 is exactly 90 days before June 14, not 91 days. But ... does your priority date represent when USCIS received the application? Did they receive it before March 16?

Thanks a lot guys for your comments. I thinks it is my mistake I rushed things earlier and I should waited more days for the application. The supervisor calculation is from the priority date of March 16 to June 14. Based on this 16, 30,31 and 14 days in March, April, May and June. It came to 91. Priority date is the date they received the application.

Thanks a lot guys for your comments. I thinks it is my mistake I rushed things earlier and I should waited more days for the application. The supervisor calculation is from the priority date of March 16 to June 14. Based on this 16, 30,31 and 14 days in March, April, May and June. It came to 91. Priority date is the date they received the application.

I guess it's how USCIS counts that matters, but wouldn't it be 15, 30, 31, and 14 days in March, April, May and June, totalling 90, not 91?

I haven't been in the queue for an interview for 90+ days. I did my biometrics in April, so it has been a bit over 2 months. Is it supposed to be 90 days after the PD? I'm not sure. There hasn't yet been an update online, and every time I call CIS (the last time was on Monday) I am told that I am in the queue, and I can do nothing but wait as it is normal processing. Is there something I should do?

I haven't been in the queue for an interview for 90+ days. I did my biometrics in April, so it has been a bit over 2 months. Is it supposed to be 90 days after the PD? I'm not sure. There hasn't yet been an update online, and every time I call CIS (the last time was on Monday) I am told that I am in the queue, and I can do nothing but wait as it is normal processing. Is there something I should do?
Not much you can do now but wait since your case is still within normal processing times.