04/27/2005 LPR Date

03/12/2010 N-400 Mailed to Arizona lockbox via regular mail
03/15/2010 N-400 Received as per NOA
03/23/2010 N-400 PD
03/25/2010 N-400 ND
03/26/2010 NOA mailed from Zip Code 85034
03/29/2010 Check cased as per On-line bank record
03/30/2010 NOA received
04/02/2010 RFE mailed on March 31, 2010, may be this is FP as per on-line status
04/01/2010 FP mailed from Zip code 64063
04/03/2010 FP noticed received
04/14/2010 FP scheduled at Application Support Center
04/14/2010 FP Done
04/23/2010 IL mailed from ZIP 64063
04/24/2010 Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled - as per on-line status check
04/26/2010 IL Received
06/24/2010 ID

I was little bit surprised to see that ID is about 2 months from IL receive date. May in my ASC they may have limited staff. We need to start memorizing 100 questions for interview

Last edited by a moderator:
PD:12-mar-2010
Interview Done:apr9,2010
Transfer to Local Office Online Status :24-april-2010
Interview Letter and Date :Not received

Can anyone help with what are the current timings for this application in New York City. I am looking to travel out of the country on June4. Will that be possible? Also, do we have to surrender passport and green card on the day of interview or when going for the oath ceremony

Hi naina123,

I heard rumors about the same thing, that the I/O takes your passport away. Apparently that is only a rumor. I asked my immigration lawyer prior to applying for N-400, and he said that is not true. They indeed take your green card, because after the ceremony is over, you will receive a certificate of naturalization, which in turn replaces your green card.

Regarding your traveling, it shouldn't be a problem, just as long as you don't stay too many days outside the country. If you travel before your interview, you just notify the I/O in your interview date, as they ask you to update the information, as needed. (I asked the same lawyer about this, and he assured it wasn't an issue).

P.S. Right after I did my fingerprint, I went out of the US for 2 wks. When I came back, I wasn't asked the usual questions.... I just had to do the fingerprint/photo. I guess the I/O saw in the system that I had started my citizenship application.

Best of luck!

PD:12-mar-2010
Interview Done:apr9,2010
Transfer to Local Office Online Status :24-april-2010
Interview Letter and Date :Not received

Can anyone help with what are the current timings for this application in New York City. I am looking to travel out of the country on June4. Will that be possible? Also, do we have to surrender passport and green card on the day of interview or when going for the oath ceremony

You listed "Interview Done: April 9, 2010". What kind of interview was that?

NYC is slow. How long will you be traveling? No you don't surrender your passport and green card on the day of interview but you do surrender your green card at the oath ceremony.

You listed "Interview Done: April 9, 2010". What kind of interview was that?

NYC is slow. How long will you be traveling? No you don't surrender your passport and green card on the day of interview but you do surrender your green card at the oath ceremony.

I think he must have meant 'finger print'.

let us wait for his answer too....

FP done this morning. Cleveland DO.
Was a breeze. Appointment was at 11AM we reached there at 10AM and we are out by 10:45.
Waiting for IL....

Hi smdk

Did they take your digital picture and signature also or just FP? Did your FP notice mention Code 3?
Thank you

Is there such a code 3? I knew it was there during our GC process finger print notices...

But, I didn't see this code-3 when I received mine. Also, USCIS didn't take digital photo or signature...

I am becoming restless..... or Am I greedy? Shouldn't I wait for 1 more month to see case transferred to local office?

When I look at the following stats, I think I should wait for at least 3 weeks to look for LUDs, transfer to local office, IL etc....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name DO Mailed Received IL Recevd ID
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rajarajan3 Washington, DC 26-Jan 28-Jan 13-Apr 13-May
iamrayl Washington, DC 28-Jan 29-Jan 13-Apr 14-May
james18_1990 Washington, DC 5-Feb 7-Feb 19-Apr 19-May
goldin03 Washington, DC 8-Feb 10-Feb 26-Apr 26-May
atlabor Washington, DC 3-Mar 5-Mar
atlabor-spouse Washington, DC 3-Mar 5-Mar
IPL-fan Washington, DC 8-Mar 9-Mar
rakopa Washington, DC 4-Mar 10-Mar
ins_to_uscis Washington, DC 11-Mar
bvkmails Washington, DC 15-Mar
GCNSC2004 Washington, DC 18-Mar 22-Mar

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, I tried to format this and couldn't get better than this. I wish this forum allowed to post image (from our desktop, not from another site).

Hi smdk

Did they take your digital picture and signature also or just FP? Did your FP notice mention Code 3?
Thank you

Just the finger print in my case too. No picture or signature.

___________________________________________________________________________________

03/16/2010 Sent N-400 to Phoenix lockbox
03/17/2010 PD
03/29/2010 Check cashed
03/31/2010 NOA Received
04/09/2010 FP notice recd (scheduled: 04/27/2010)
04/19/2010 FP done (walk-in)
XX/XX/2010 Transferred to Local Office
XX/XX/2010 IL Received
XX/XX/2010 ID
XX/XX/2010 OD

Is there such a code 3? I knew it was there during our GC process finger print notices...

But, I didn't see this code-3 when I received mine. Also, USCIS didn't take digital photo or signature...
Yes it did show Code3 on right top corner of the notice. I also see other post as follows:
[Hibiometrics and fingerprinting notice.
Hi everyone,

Today, my wife and me received biometrics notification:

" To process your application USCIS must capture your biometrics and have your fingerprints cleared by the FBI. The photo taken may be used on your naturalization certificate..."

1. Biometrics and fingerprints are the same??.I know FBI check FP and name check.
2. I thought that the pictures I sent were for the naturalization certificate or the 2 pictures I can bring to the interview. So are they taken pictures in the application support center??.]

Yes it did show Code3 on right top corner of the notice. I also see other post as follows:
[Hibiometrics and fingerprinting notice.
Hi everyone,

Today, my wife and me received biometrics notification:

" To process your application USCIS must capture your biometrics and have your fingerprints cleared by the FBI. The photo taken may be used on your naturalization certificate..."

1. Biometrics and fingerprints are the same??.I know FBI check FP and name check.
2. I thought that the pictures I sent were for the naturalization certificate or the 2 pictures I can bring to the interview. So are they taken pictures in the application support center??.]

not sure if this is applicable only those who got their GC 6 years ago when there was no digital biometrics rule. I remember it was introduced sometime middle or late 2004. Probably, USCIS is sending Code-3 finger print notice to those who didn't get a chance to give digital photo/index print/photo.

not sure if this is applicable only those who got their GC 6 years ago when there was no digital biometrics rule. I remember it was introduced sometime middle or late 2004. Probably, USCIS is sending Code-3 finger print notice to those who didn't get a chance to give digital photo/index print/photo.

Hi
No, this is 5 year based and mailed 90days in advance.
Thanks

Hi smdk

Thank you

As IPL-Fan said no digital picture or signature.
I just filled out the form, they gave me a token number, took finger prints. Filled out feedback form. That's it.

I am becoming restless..... or Am I greedy? Shouldn't I wait for 1 more month to see case transferred to local office?

When I look at the following stats, I think I should wait for at least 3 weeks to look for LUDs, transfer to local office, IL etc....

Name DO Mailed Received IL Recevd ID
rajarajan3 Washington, DC 26-Jan 28-Jan 13-Apr 13-May
iamrayl Washington, DC 28-Jan 29-Jan 13-Apr 14-May
james18_1990 Washington, DC 5-Feb 7-Feb 19-Apr 19-May
goldin03 Washington, DC 8-Feb 10-Feb 26-Apr 26-May
atlabor Washington, DC 3-Mar 5-Mar
atlabor-spouse Washington, DC 3-Mar 5-Mar
IPL-fan Washington, DC 8-Mar 9-Mar
rakopa Washington, DC 4-Mar 10-Mar
ins_to_uscis Washington, DC 11-Mar
bvkmails Washington, DC 15-Mar
GCNSC2004 Washington, DC 18-Mar 22-Mar

Hey IPL-fan,

According to the field office statistics (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay.do)

The following stats are for Washington DC

Field Office Processing Dates for Washington DC as of: February 28, 2010
Form Form Name Processing Timeframe:
I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status June 11, 2009
I600 Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative December 15, 2009
I600A Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition December 15, 2009
N400 Application for Naturalization October 01, 2009
N600 Application for Certification of Citizenship October 01, 2009

Your DO is loaded :(

New to the forum....see timeline in signature. Could someone please update the excel sheet with my info?

Also, anybody out there with Denver, CO as DO?

Here is the updated tracker. I have updated both Feb and March.
I will upload the next updated tracker end of this week.