2010 March N-400 Tracker

Received Yellow letter for spouse asking for Driver's License or State Issued Id !

How long does it take to get the IL after getting YL?

Received Yellow letter for spouse asking for Driver's License or State Issued Id !

How long does it take to get the IL after getting YL?

I think, within a week or so. Congratulations !!!

03/16/2010 Sent N-400 to Phoenix lockbox
03/17/2010 PD
03/29/2010 Check cashed
03/31/2010 NOA Received
04/09/2010 FP notice recd (scheduled: 04/27/2010)
04/19/2010 FP done (walk-in)
XX/XX/2010 Transferred to Local Office
XX/XX/2010 IL Received
XX/XX/2010 ID
XX/XX/2010 OD

My wife got the YL today asking her to bring driver's license/state issued id....

I didn't get one but I was hoping to get one as I mentioned citations.

No change in online status though.

IPL-fan,

Our timelines are roughly same....my wife got the YL on 5/1 though I did not get one yet and was hoping to. Good luck for your case !

All,

My wife and I had filed N-400s before I joined this forum. We iterpreted the questions about "Arrest, Cittations, ...." as not needing to report traffice citations. So, we both answered No. I have traffic violations in 1996 (speeding), 2002 (accident), and 2009 (speeding). My wife has traffic violations in 2005 (speeding) and 2007 (speeding.)

It was a genuine interpretation or mistake. Can't go back and change the original N-400 form. But, what is the best way to handle this going forward?
1. Should we take a chance to see if IO asks questions about citations and then explain that we have citations (and be ready with our motor vehicle records) but incorrectly interpreted the question on N-400 OR
2. Volunteer the citations info in the beginning or somewhere during the interview and explaining how we incorrectly interpreted the question on the N-400 form

Any experiences, advise is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
IL received yesterday. All set for June 1st.

Congrats... LIveAndLetLive, IPL-Fan& DenverCOMarch,

now just have to wait for the big day...+ to brush up on those civic questions

--to DenverCoMarch's question,

I believe once the interview starts, you should tell the I/O exactly as you have identified to us in the forum. Be prepared to show the I/O documentations supporting that the citations have been cleared/paid. I think you can also request from your state's department of highway patrol (DMV) your driving history. The I/O will definitely understand the error especially since it was done without the intention to deceive. Pls update us of the outcome after your interview.

Best of luck to all of you

Received text/email for LUD change. (Email message: This case has been sent for a standard interview. .....)
File transferred to local office.
Now waiting for Interview Letter.

Question: Does the IL come from Phoenix or local office?

Guys i got text and email by 2.42 am this morning, case transfered for standard interview. I have noticed that when you actually get the update, they already have mailed the notice out sometimes 2 days early. Hopefully by (His) grace my interview date will be by the end of this month.

Guys i got text and email by 2.42 am this morning, case transfered for standard interview. I have noticed that when you actually get the update, they already have mailed the notice out sometimes 2 days early. Hopefully by (His) grace my interview date will be by the end of this month.

Damn you beat me by couple hours :)
I got mine at 4:45 AM.

Good Luck for your interview.

Congrats all of you who's case transfer or got their IL......Looks like who register for email/txt & sent
N400 to Phoenix, AZ they getting email/txt.......I may be wrong.

Looking at the speed in Washington, DC DO, I think I will get my IL sometime end of this month.

So, I am kind of gave up checking online status frequently...

(Posted this in the Main Forum but no replies thus far)

Early Walk-in for Fingerprinting at San Jose ASC:

Need to find out if San Jose - ASC accepts walk-ins for fingerprinting? Has anybody tried this out and any suggestions about the time of the day, etc.

My appointment is 3 weeks from now and I was contemplating of doing an early walk-in. Unfortunately, I can only do it on Friday or Saturday. Is a particular time or day better?

Kindly share your experiences and recommendations.

....I can only do it on Friday or Saturday. Is a particular time or day better? Kindly share your experiences and recommendations.
SJ office is definitely closed on Saturdays, ask me why do I know:cool: Friday is better choice, good luck!

Thanks cuk536. Do you know if SJ even allows walk-ins and thus is worth a trip to ASC?
We were allowed 5 years ago, will they allow today - I'm not sure. If you decide to try - they are closing their doors around 4 or 4:30 pm, so try earlier. Good luck!