2010 March N-400 Tracker

Oh, you have to attach a free form when you send in your N-400. You can't do it now, but not a big deal, really. You just don't get that acceptance email and SMS.

Oh, you have to attach a free form when you send in your N-400. You can't do it now, but not a big deal, really. You just don't get that acceptance email and SMS.

Thanks. That is cool. Wish I knew this before I sent the application.

Thank you!

I mailed my N-400 application on 03/16/2010 to Phoenix lockbox. I live in Phoenix as well. The personal check was cashed on 03/29/2010 (from my bank account activity). Not sure what the priority date could be or the receipt number is.

------------

03/16/2010 Sent N-400 to Phoenix lockbox
XX/XX/20XX PD
03/29/2010 Check cashed
XX/XX/20XX NOA Received
XX/XX/20XX FP notice recd (scheduled: XX/XX/20XX)
XX/XX/20XX FP done
XX/XX/20XX ID
XX/XX/20XX OD

Somehow I lost my 2005 tax return document (soft copy) and did not have a hard copy as well. I could get the tax return transcripts for year 2006, 2007 and 2008 from the irs website. Do they ask for the tax returns / transcripts for the past 5 years from everyone during the interview ?

Not unless you need to prove something for which the returns would help. If your case is straightforward, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks. That is cool. Wish I knew this before I sent the application.

Thank you!

You can still do it here...(add https:// before it)
egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp
register as an applicant customer and put in your NoA case number...
That is what I did - no emails yet though :)

Last edited by a moderator:

That's only of you have a NoA case number. I haven't got that far yet.:(

You can also send with your application a form G-1145 I believe, which will automatically send you the notice # when they process the application.

Somehow I lost my 2005 tax return document (soft copy) and did not have a hard copy as well. I could get the tax return transcripts for year 2006, 2007 and 2008 from the irs website. Do they ask for the tax returns / transcripts for the past 5 years from everyone during the interview ?

Hi Kannan,

I sent with my application my tax transcripts. Although it was not needed, but I wanted to proof to them that I did not abandoned my residency, as I had stayed outside the US for long periods of time, in excess of the 912 days (which includes the university abroad that can be waived, according to a case). You can order free from the IRS through a telephone and it arrives within 2 weeks. It doesn't hurt to ask and take with you to the interview. In case they ask, at least you have them available to show.

Regards!

Hi Kannan,

I sent with my application my tax transcripts. Although it was not needed, but I wanted to proof to them that I did not abandoned my residency, as I had stayed outside the US for long periods of time, in excess of the 912 days (which includes the university abroad that can be waived, according to a case). You can order free from the IRS through a telephone and it arrives within 2 weeks. It doesn't hurt to ask and take with you to the interview. In case they ask, at least you have them available to show.

Regards!

I second this.

Through website, you will be able to order last three years or so. But, when you call IRS, you can order more than three years. That's how I got my transcripts.

Sorry lost123, you have less than 913 days of physical presence in the last 5 years? Is that what you're saying? You think you qualify to apply for citizenship even with that?

My check was finally cashed today. Well, it went through my bank today, by looking at the back of the check, it seems as if their bank processed it on Saturday based on the time stamp printed on the back.

I was wondering, would my case # be printed anywhere on the back of the check? If so, does it start with a specific letter or sequence of letters? There's a lot of stuff on the back. Not a big deal anyway, at least the check was cashed, I hope to receive the NOA in the next few days. I also wish I would've known you could fill out a form to be emailed as soon as the NOA was generated.

MN_DO updates signature;

DO St. Pual, MN
04/27/2005 LPR Date
03/12/2010 N-400 Mailed to Arizona lockbox via regular mail
03/15/2010 N-400 Received as per NOA
03/23/2010 N-400 PD
03/25/2010 N-400 ND
03/26/2010 NOA mailed from Zip Code 85034
03/29/2010 Check cased as per On-line bank record
03/30/2010 NOA received
03/30/2010 Wait begins for further progress

I second this.

Through website, you will be able to order last three years or so. But, when you call IRS, you can order more than three years. That's how I got my transcripts.

Thank you Lost123 and IPL fan. I did call the IRS automated phone number 1-800-829-1040, and that was also giving only the previous three years. Is there any other IRS number ?

----------------

03/16/2010 Sent N-400 to Phoenix lockbox
XX/XX/20XX PD
03/29/2010 Check cashed
XX/XX/20XX NOA Received
XX/XX/20XX FP notice recd (scheduled: XX/XX/20XX)
XX/XX/20XX FP done
XX/XX/20XX ID
XX/XX/20XX OD