2010 March N-400 Tracker

Received my receipt today. That was fast since the check just cashed yesterday. Also the notice says

"Upon receipt of all required Record Checks, you will be scheduled to appear for an interview at your local USCIS field office."

I was tickled by the fact that they do not mention FP but directly interview. I know that is not the case and I will get FP notice next.

I sent mine to Lewisville on the 11th and they got it on sunday the 14th at 9:30 pm. My checks (my husband and mine) haven't been cashed and I haven't received anything yet. I called and I was told to call back in a month if I haven't received anything yet.

Any idea?

LPR from: 09/14/2004

03/11/2010 Sent N-400 (Self and wife) FedEx'd to Lewisville
03/12/2010 N-400 Received
03/16/2010 PD
03/18/2010 Check cashed
03/20/2010 NOA Received
03/24/2010 RFE mailed by USCIS to both of us
03/26/2010 Status Updated on website
XX/XX/2010 FP notice recd (scheduled: XX/XX/2010)
XX/XX/2010 FP done
XX/XX/20XX Transferred to local office
XX/XX/20XX IL received
XX/XX/20XX ID
XX/XX/20XX OD

N400 Signature Added

03/10/2010 - FedEx'd to Lewisville, TX
03/11/2010 - Received Date
03/16/2010 - Priority Date
03/18/2010 - Check cashed
03/20/2010 - NOA received
03/24/2010 - RFE mailed
03/26/2010 - case status update online (RFE sent)
XX/xx/2010 - FP notice recd (scheduled: XX/XX/2010)
XX/xx/2010 - FP done
XX/xx/2010 - Transferred to local office
XX/xx/2010 - Interview Letter received
XX/xx/2010 - Interview Date
XX/xx/2010 - Oath Date

Karuk, Looks like we both are going along. Lets keep in touch.

I live in Tyler, TX but I have given a friend's address in Houston as "Care of" address. All the mails are going to that address, not sure if they put me under Dallas / Houston office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received FP notices yesterday, scheduled for 04/14/2010. Also PD moved from 03/09/2010 to 03/02/2010. Updated signature.

Question about FP: if you go early for a walk-in, will your case move faster, or will they wait until your scheduled date to continue processing?

Just saying hello. It's been almost 5 years since I last posted and now it's time to come back to this site. It was a wonderful resource while I was going through the I-140/485 process, and I have already learned a lot by going through the N-400 posts.

I have a fairly straight forward N-400 application (no name change, clean driving record, never in trouble with the law.) I mailed the paperwork to the Texas lockbox about a week ago and I'm still waiting for them to cash the check.

If any of you also happen to be in Orlando, please send me a private message so that we can compare information and interview experiences. Who knows, we may end up attending the same Oath ceremony!

I'll be updating my signature as the case moves forward.

Question about FP: if you go early for a walk-in, will your case move faster, or will they wait until your scheduled date to continue processing?

I wondered about that too so I spent some time looking at people's signatures. It looks like in most cases, it didn't make a difference, but I did see a few cases that moved faster because the applicant went in for FP early.

Personally, since I won't fully complete my 5 years as a LRP until mid June, and apparently the Orlando DO is processing cases in under 6 months, I will just wait for my scheduled date unless I get completely impatient.

Ideally, I won't have my Interview until June 15 or later so that I can be scheduled for the Oath ceremony asap. I rather not have my file "on hold" until the 5 year anniversary because you never know what can happen to it.

I’m supposed to have my oath ceremony on Monday March 29, 2010 in Dallas office. I passed my interview and I got N-652 with marked “Congratulation, your applicationhas been recommended for approval”. I received my oath letter 2 weeks after that.

Today (3/26/09), I received I phone call from immigration officer telling me that the ceremony has been postponed because of computer glitch in Washington DC; and the can not issued naturalization certifies; and he’s calling many people so they don’t take time off on Monday to attend the ceremony. He gave me his phone number; and told me to call if I don’t receive a reschedule oath ceremony letter within three weeks.

Does anyone in Dallas (or anywhere else received this call?) is this normal?

PD 12/28/09
FP 1/27/10
ID 3/9/10 (got N-652 with marked “Congratulation, your applicationhas been recommended for approval”)
OL 3/11/2010
Ceremony date 3/29/2010? (postponed; should receive new OL within 3 weeks...see above)

Please see page 5 &6 of Instructions for N-400. In para "Where To Flie?" there is no zip code 752222 in that.

I think I’m the only one that made mistake of hiring a lawyer to file. Based on his assistance she claims the file was received on the 14th but my check has not been cashed yet, looking at yours cases it takes less than a week to cash the check. Is this lawyer pulling my legs and never filled, should I be worried?? Any suggestion, Please.
The USPS receipt shows delivered to zip code 75222; can any one verify the accuracy of this zip code?