2010 June N-400 tracker

Superho, Congratulations.. my interview is on 9/23 at Norfolk and I wonder if I will make it to this special oath ceremony on 9/29..

Probably not- I saw the Scotchtown site and they have an announcement about the special ceremony in Sept 2008 and Sept 2009. I assume they have only one per year. I would guess that whoever got interviewed in Norfolk last week are being sent there, as my wife said she saw a stack of oath letters sitting on the interviewer's desk. Just my speculation...

Update, had my interview today, got oath letter after, ceremony on 9/17.

06/05/2010: N-400 sent to Phoenix, AZ
06/07/2010: N-400 received
06/16/2010: Check cashed
06/21/2010: NOA received
06/30/2010: RFE email received
07/03/2010: FP notice received
07/23/2010: FP appointment
07/23/2010: FP done
07/29/2010: Case transfer to DO/Email update
07/31/2010: IL received
08/31/2010: Interview date
08/31/2010: Oath letter
09/17/2010: Oath Ceremony

Congratulations, ptshc,

i have a question, what is your DO office? did you request the Oath letter on the day of your interview, or did they offer it to you?
thank you in advance,
Update, had my interview today, got oath letter after, ceremony on 9/17.

06/05/2010: N-400 sent to Phoenix, AZ
06/07/2010: N-400 received
06/16/2010: Check cashed
06/21/2010: NOA received
06/30/2010: RFE email received
07/03/2010: FP notice received
07/23/2010: FP appointment
07/23/2010: FP done
07/29/2010: Case transfer to DO/Email update
07/31/2010: IL received
08/31/2010: Interview date
08/31/2010: Oath letter
09/17/2010: Oath Ceremony

Yellow letter for interview??

Hi guys,
I know this has been discussed before.. I have not received any yellow (or any other color!) letter prior to my interview date/time notice letter. Do I need it at all for the interview or will the documents along with the interview letter be good enough? thanks so much!

Dilbert

dilbert30, I had asked the same question earlier. It's more than a month since my FP was done but no YL yet. Not sure if that's an impt doc. I know some people haven't revcd it.

GC: 8/1/05 (employment-based)
SC: Houston, TX
DO: Newark, NJ
06/11/10: N-400 Mailed
06/14/10: ND/PD
07/1/10: RFE for FP
07/6/10: FP letter
07/29/10: FP done
xx/xx/10: YL received
xx/xx/10: Transferred to local office
xx/xx/10: IL received
xx/xx/10: Interview and Oath

dilbert30 & guyfromusa,

Not everyone gets a YL. It's not necessarily a part of everyone N400 timeline. First your case gets transferred to the local office. Then gets assigned to an IO. Who does an initial review of your case. If she/he thinks that something is missing, he will send you a yellow letter (YL) which indicates any more documents you should bring for your interview. YL may arrive before IL or after or never. Noone knows. If you didn't get it, relax :) ... probably your IO doesn't think you need any more doc for your interview.

In my case I got IL and then there was a period of no activity on my account (as observed through LUD on my case status) . Then suddenly around 9/22 and 9/23 there were two LUDs. And next day I had YL in mail. But there was no change in status on the website.

Whether you get a YL or not, try to gather all documents listed in JohnyCash's thread "Documents to bring to Naturalization" for the interview

Last edited by a moderator:
dilbert30, I had asked the same question earlier. It's more than a month since my FP was done but no YL yet. Not sure if that's an impt doc. I know some people haven't revcd it.

xx/xx/10: YL received

guyfromusa -- I am in the same boat as you. See my time-line in my signature. No YL, nothing....Wait continues...

Same here. Recieved YL on 8/26. No IL so far. But then as per my DO's timeline i will have to wait 3 more weeks.I am just hanging around.

Congrats to ptshc, Superho and anxiousdsn2

Hi Lolitochka, my DO is San Jose. I didn't request for the Oath letter. After the IO recommended my application for approval, she said there is a special Constitution Day Oath ceremony and asked if I would be able to attend. I said yes and she asked me to wait in the waiting room for them to process the letter. I got the letter in about 20 mins. Good luck with yours!

Congratulations, ptshc,

i have a question, what is your DO office? did you request the Oath letter on the day of your interview, or did they offer it to you?
thank you in advance,

Called 1-800-375-5283. As usual, it was useless as they just read out the status without committing to anything. So, the wait for me continues...

Update. Finally got the expected Case Transferred to Local Office update. Oddly enough I didn't get the e-mail notice (even though I'm signed up for them) but in checking the USCIS site status I saw the update.

Also for information, when I got my YL, it only said to bring Driver's License.

I did my FP (walk in Aug 13) and have a few questions:
1. What chance I have to receive the IL in a week? Between the IL and ID is always 1 month? Can be less?
2. Are they taking away the GC at the interview or at the oath?
3. What type of documentation (ID's)do I have to show at OATH?
4. Is it possible to reschedule the ID, I mean to do it earlier (walk in) ? And how about the Oath?

Hi Cathyg,

1. What chance I have to receive the IL in a week? Between the IL and ID is always 1 month? Can be less?
from what I've read here and according to the spreadsheet posted on google, it is common for people to receive their IL in about a week after the FP, and it is common that it is about a month between IL and ID, it can be longer, but not less, I think

2. Are they taking away the GC at the interview or at the oath?
At the Oath

3. What type of documentation (ID's)do I have to show at OATH?
I am curious to find out too

4. Is it possible to reschedule the ID, I mean to do it earlier (walk in) ? And how about the Oath?
I dont think you can do walk-in for either

Got my YL today in the mail. States to bring in driver's license for interview

09/03/10: YL received

I received my YL togheter with FP letter. Nothing special was in it just states to bring DL to interview but no IL , yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did my FP on Aug 13. When will I receive my IL and when can be my ID?

I saw a case over here in the forum between the ID and oath he or she had only 2 days? Is that possible? Or can I have the interview and oath on the same day? Who decide on this?

I saw a case over here in the forum between the ID and oath he or she had only 2 days? Is that possible? Or can I have the interview and oath on the same day? Who decide on this?

it is dependant upon your Local office. Some have Same day oath, some have weekly or monthly oath ceremonies. the officer that interviews you either arranges the oath there and then, or tells you to wait for a letter with oath date. If you state which office is dealing with your case, someone might know how often the oath ceremonies are in your area.

I didn't receive my YL.
I made an Infopass app. to speak with an IO what do you think are they willing to take the interview on that certain date?