2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Hi all where to apply for EAD & AP renewals ? our I-485 cases got transferred from VSC to TSC this may.

-
mrr

Hi all where to apply for EAD & AP renewals ? our I-485 cases got transferred from VSC to TSC this may.

-
mrr

My company lawyers filed for my AP at TSC and for EAD they are going to file at VSC ( I don't know why ).

I am very happy to join this forum as my labor just got approved after 4 years of wait and lawyer just said they filed for I-140 and I-485 today with premium processing.

I am completely new to terminology and processes for these stages; I wanted to share this with everyone here and get some help and guidance as I pass through these stages.

1) Is there a way to get my receipt number so as to check the status online for I-140 / I-485? I don't know when the number comes back from INS to the lawyer or to me.
2) How long should I expect to wait before I see my I-140 approved from everyone's experience?
3) Would I get the approval or would lawyer get the approval?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very happy to join this forum as my labor just got approved after 4 years of wait and lawyer just said they filed for I-140 and I-485 today with premium processing.

I am completely new to terminology and processes for these stages; I wanted to share this with everyone here and get some help and guidance as I pass through these stages.

1) Is there a way to get my receipt number so as to check the status online for I-140 / I-485? I don't know when the number comes back from INS to the lawyer or to me.
2) How long should I expect to wait before I see my I-140 approved from everyone's experience?
3) Would I get the approval or would lawyer get the approval?

Thanks in advance.
fastergcwanted.. congrats on your labor approval. You have crossed a major hurdle. It must be a relief to get out of that hell hole. Here are the answers to your questions :

1. In my case, since the lawyer has filed for my I-140/I-485, the lawyer got all the receipts. Once he got the receipts he had sent them to me. Another way to get your receipt number is if in case you have paid for your processing(or your spouse), once the check is cleared you will normally have the case number on the backside of the check.

2. Your I-140 has been filed premium so I would think that it may take 2-3 weeks. Overall for I-140 filed normally, the approval varies from case to case. For some it got cleared in 3-4 weeks and for some it took months. So that will be a tough guess.

3. I-140 - will be received by your Lawyer(because it is owned by the employer) and your I-485 - you will get it.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

GCVARUMA, Thanks for your wishes and answers. Members like you on this portal have helped me getting through this very tough last few years. My wife and I had several depressions during the time and I lost most of my hair. :eek: :eek:

Hopefully, remaining journey will turn out to be little easier.

Is it correct that we can get work permit in 3 months of I-485 application? If that's true; what's the procedure? I know lawyer applied for I-765 and I am assuming she will let me know once it's approved. Also, when should I expect to be called for finger printing?

Thanks.

fastergcwanted.. congrats on your labor approval. You have crossed a major hurdle. It must be a relief to get out of that hell hole. Here are the answers to your questions :

1. In my case, since the lawyer has filed for my I-140/I-485, the lawyer got all the receipts. Once he got the receipts he had sent them to me. Another way to get your receipt number is if in case you have paid for your processing(or your spouse), once the check is cleared you will normally have the case number on the backside of the check.

2. Your I-140 has been filed premium so I would think that it may take 2-3 weeks. Overall for I-140 filed normally, the approval varies from case to case. For some it got cleared in 3-4 weeks and for some it took months. So that will be a tough guess.

3. I-140 - will be received by your Lawyer(because it is owned by the employer) and your I-485 - you will get it.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

GCVARUMA, Thanks for your wishes and answers. Members like you on this portal have helped me getting through this very tough last few years. My wife and I had several depressions during the time and I lost most of my hair. :eek: :eek:

Hopefully, remaining journey will turn out to be little easier.

Is it correct that we can get work permit in 3 months of I-485 application? If that's true; what's the procedure? I know lawyer applied for I-765 and I am assuming she will let me know once it's approved. Also, when should I expect to be called for finger printing?

Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words. I try to help with the limited knowledge that I have. So don’t count on me always. Once thing I have learnt is to forget the whole process. It comes when it comes and so I don’t fret over it. I have been waiting for the past 20 months for the dates to move 21 days (From 1-JAN-03 to 21-JAN-03 for EB2). It’s taken forever. So don’t worry about this GC process and continue to enjoy your life. You have only one life and it’s not worth to spend it for worrying about your GC.

When I applied for my EAD the first time it took me 2 weeks for it to be approved. I applied for it the 2nd time and it took around 1 month. So I think it will be approved much sooner. But with the number of 140/485 cases that are filed in this month it’s difficult to take a guess. Once EAD is approved it will be sent to your home address. The same thing will apply for your FP too.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

I had a question on I-140 and EB2 qualifications.

My LC has BS + 5 requirements and I have US masters. Would they be equivalent to qualify for I-140 in EB2?

I read somewhere that if LC has MS requirement, it does mean employer has to consider BS+5 candidates. I am not sure if that also works the other way round.

Also, this thing is now making me nervous so I am also wondering how long it takes to get receipt no for I-140 premium processing so that I can ask my lawyer and check the status online (as he would never give it to me without asking 5 times)

Thanks in advance.

Rfe..

Finally my I140 application LUD changed with the following information. I believe this is RFE and do not know what they are asking for and I got the same message on my I1485 case as well.

I will keep you posted as soon as I get the RFE information and do you know why I got the same message on my I140 and 485 cases simultaneously and how long it will take before my company gets the mail from USCIS....

>>>>>>>>>
Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On June 12, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence
and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the
notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will
be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the
opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or
evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or
if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this
case is pending, call customer service.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We have not recieved any update on the premium processing conversion and it has been more than three weeks and I see a LUD on 04/25/07, but no updates after and also my attorney did not receive the receipt number for the same...I was really hoping that this premium processing is going to generate approval on my case..but once again I back to square one and no status on my I140 case..

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions and also let me know if any of you faced similar situation with conversion of premium processing...

Thanks...

Finally my I140 application LUD changed with the following information. I believe this is RFE and do not know what they are asking for and I got the same message on my I1485 case as well.

I will keep you posted as soon as I get the RFE information and do you know why I got the same message on my I140 and 485 cases simultaneously and how long it will take before my company gets the mail from USCIS....

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good luck. I hope RFE may be simple......

I had a question on I-140 and EB2 qualifications.

My LC has BS + 5 requirements and I have US masters. Would they be equivalent to qualify for I-140 in EB2?
My labor was B.S or equiv. degree+Experience : 5 Years. I applied for 140 EB2 and it did get approved.
I read somewhere that if LC has MS requirement, it does mean employer has to consider BS+5 candidates. I am not sure if that also works the other way round.
Something like my case. I am from India and I have a Bachelors(3 years) and Masters(2 years) degree. But in the labor certification mentioned that is should be a B.S or equiv. degree. Since my Bachelors is not 4 years(to the equivalent of a US Bachelor degree) what I did was get my M.Sc equal to a US masters and filed the 140. It got approved.

From what I understood when I went through that problem was that a person with a Masters degree can apply for job with a Bachelors degree specification(in the LC) but not vice versa.
Also, this thing is now making me nervous so I am also wondering how long it takes to get receipt no for I-140 premium processing so that I can ask my lawyer and check the status online (as he would never give it to me without asking 5 times)

Thanks in advance.
Depends on the case load present in the service center. It should take you not more than 2 weeks max to get your receipt numbers. Also you are filing in premium processing so most likely you will get it much more sooner.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
slkrk.. I hope the RFE is an request for additional documents and nothing major. All the best with it. Keep us posted about your case.

LaborBadhi.. any news from you about going for the infopass??

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Infopass

I took an infopass and spoke to an immigration officer.She told me that the NC is completed and its good.They also have cleared my FP.i took a second FP recently May 10th also.

She told ,its uncertain on when my case will be cleared...well atleast NC is cleared is one positive thing in talking to her.

hmm.. Lets See..
Ajaks

Thanks LB and GCVaruma.

I hope this is simple and my attorney says it will take 10 days to get the communication and can you please let me know, how long will it take for us to recieve the letter and what are the general time lines...

I got the same message on both I140 and 485 and kind of wondering why they updated both these case...

I will infrom you as soon as I get the information from uscis.

slkrk.. I hope the RFE is an request for additional documents and nothing major. All the best with it. Keep us posted about your case.

LaborBadhi.. any news from you about going for the infopass??

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Good News !!!

***********NEWS FLASH ***********

All visa categories - EB1 , 2 & 3 for ALL countries have become current for JUL-2007.

All of you who have your labor cert approved can go ahead and file for 140 , 485 & EAD.....hurrryyyy

Does anybody know why so many visa numbers are suddenly available ? Is USCIS simply allowing people to have a EAD ?

Hi All,

Finally I got the magic mail.Yes, My green card is approved.I took the help of Senator. when I called first time to senator's office, I came to know that my 485 is filed under EB3. They asked for I-140 approval copy and faxed it to texas office, and in few days I got the approval email.

I greatly appreciate all the people in this forum. their suggestions and help were very useful for me at times. Specially the forum help me move forward in right direction to seek help from Senators office etc.

So friendly suggestion to all who still are waiting for your things to happen, for which the processing dates have moved beyond their filing date, Do take help from your respective senators office, It sure helps alot.

Wish you all the best.
Regards.

***********NEWS FLASH ***********

All visa categories - EB1 , 2 & 3 for ALL countries have become current for JUL-2007.

All of you who have your labor cert approved can go ahead and file for 140 , 485 & EAD.....hurrryyyy

Does anybody know why so many visa numbers are suddenly available ? Is USCIS simply allowing people to have a EAD ?
Yes... dates are current - at least that is the good news for all of us.

According to the ombudsman report that came out sometime this week, last year there were a lot of visa no's that had been wasted. I think it was around 20K-30K. There were only limited cases that were approvable in the ROW and for ROW the cutoff date was 01-JUN-05. So even they could not file their 485. To avoid the Visa no's going for a waste the dates have moved forward. Another reason could be is that only if the dates are current the visa no's can overflow to the over-subscribed countries.

And last but not the least; they increased visa fees effective July 2007. So with many people filing their 140/485/EAD/AP they can make a ton of money. Also the bulletin says the dates may retrogress in future. So many people will have to extent their EAD and AP, where they also make money. So they do have an hidden agenda - make money from the applicants.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Hi All,

Finally I got the magic mail.Yes, My green card is approved.I took the help of Senator. when I called first time to senator's office, I came to know that my 485 is filed under EB3. They asked for I-140 approval copy and faxed it to texas office, and in few days I got the approval email.

I greatly appreciate all the people in this forum. their suggestions and help were very useful for me at times. Specially the forum help me move forward in right direction to seek help from Senators office etc.

So friendly suggestion to all who still are waiting for your things to happen, for which the processing dates have moved beyond their filing date, Do take help from your respective senators office, It sure helps alot.

Wish you all the best.
Regards.
NJ03MAY2002.. congrats on your approval.. party hard.

I have a few questions for you :
1. When did you do your last FP?
2. Did you see any LUD on your 485?
3. Going by your login ID(NJ03MAY2002) did you contact the NJ senator?

Thanks.
GCVaruma.