2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Labor

HK_HR said:
Hi,

I am currently on EAD. I know that I can switch jobs under AC21. Here are my questions :

1) Does the 'job title' need to be the same as that on the Labor ? ( my labor was filed in Sept-04 as 'Software Engineer' and my prospective new job is for 'Senior Business System Analyst'. The new job is exactly as per the job description on my Labor Cert , only the job title is different.

2) What do I need to do to smoothly transition from one company to another ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Your Labor seems to have been prcessed really fast, were you EB1?

HK_HR said:
Hi,

I am currently on EAD. I know that I can switch jobs under AC21. Here are my questions :

1) Does the 'job title' need to be the same as that on the Labor ? ( my labor was filed in Sept-04 as 'Software Engineer' and my prospective new job is for 'Senior Business System Analyst'. The new job is exactly as per the job description on my Labor Cert , only the job title is different.

2) What do I need to do to smoothly transition from one company to another ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks.
Title is not an big issue. The next job should be similar or same. The job description should match atleast 50%.
You need offer letter from new company and send a letter to USCIS that you are invoking AC21. Thats all.

All the best.

LaborBadhi said:
Title is not an big issue. The next job should be similar or same. The job description should match atleast 50%.
You need offer letter from new company and send a letter to USCIS that you are invoking AC21. Thats all.

All the best.

Thanks LaborBadhi.

My labor was filed at Pittsburg as 'Software Engg'. I have got an offer as 'Senior Business Analyst'. The job profile desc on my labor perfectly suits what I would be doing as Sr. Biz Analyst. I hope that would not invite any RFEs.

Does the location of new job and salary matter ?

485 Initial Processing

Hi All,

I received a letter from USCIS and my wife's status message changed and both of them said that initial processing on this case is complete and we will receive a written notice for the decision on the case.

Does anyone know what this initial processing includes. What is left after this ?

Thanks a lot.

It appears that you might have cleared the NC process....
so you might be close to an approval..

dono77in said:
Hi All,

I received a letter from USCIS and my wife's status message changed and both of them said that initial processing on this case is complete and we will receive a written notice for the decision on the case.

Does anyone know what this initial processing includes. What is left after this ?

Thanks a lot.

HK_HR said:
Thanks LaborBadhi.

My labor was filed at Pittsburg as 'Software Engg'. I have got an offer as 'Senior Business Analyst'. The job profile desc on my labor perfectly suits what I would be doing as Sr. Biz Analyst. I hope that would not invite any RFEs.

Does the location of new job and salary matter ?

All the best.

Nope. The location and salary doesn't matter.

Covert pending I140 to EB3 premium

I filed my I140 last year April 22nd 05 and so far, we have not received any updates. My company and attorney made about 3 inquires so far and we got letters stating that they will provide the status in 60 days, but 60days passed and no updates...

My question is can I convert my pending I140 to Premium process..

BTW, My labor is a substitued one..

Thanks in advance.

I140/485 concurrent filing

Hi

Is the concurrent filing of I140/485 still in effect?

I got my LC approved with PD Aug 2002. I have applied for I140 before my PD was current..( on sept 20,2006) which is still pending with VSC.
Now for EB2 the visa dates are moved to Jan 2003 from NOV 2006.

I was away from this forum for a while with my LC pending, lost touch.
Can I apply for I485/ap/ead now?

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

tks in advance :confused:

stunpad said:
Hi

Is the concurrent filing of I140/485 still in effect?
Yes, if the PD is current.
I got my LC approved with PD Aug 2002. I have applied for I140 before my PD was current..( on sept 20,2006) which is still pending with VSC.
Now for EB2 the visa dates are moved to Jan 2003 from NOV 2006.

I was away from this forum for a while with my LC pending, lost touch.
Can I apply for I485/ap/ead now?

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

tks in advance :confused:
You need to provide more details:
Do you have 2 LCs or just 1. PD Aug 2002 is for EB2 or EB3 LC?
If it is for EB2, then you are current and can apply for 140/485/EAD/AP concurrently.
If you already applied for 140 for EB2 LC on Sept 20, 2006, you can now file 485/EAD/AP as the date is current.

Last edited by a moderator:
149/485 ead ap

Thanks Eric S

Yes my LC application is EB2 RIR and only one LC.
So I have to rush for medical check up now... tks again.

stunpad said:
Thanks Eric S

Yes my LC application is EB2 RIR and only one LC.
So I have to rush for medical check up now... tks again.
Just want to clarify something, if you are from India your PD will be current on Nov 1 and will remain current thruout the month of Nov. So you should send in your 485 application so that it reach USCIS on or after Nov 1 . Do not delay it beyond Nov 30 th as we don't know what will be on the Dec bulletin.

I140 denied

Thanks EricS....

My happyness does not last long.....
Due to mismatch of my profile, with the job requirement, the I140 got denied.

Fun or Stupid part is my company/lawyer started the advt for me.... and I am the only one who qualified for this... now its a disaster.... which is beyond repair.

They say LC good for somebody else... not for me. I am good for EB2 LEVEL2 wage with any other LC but not for this....

Confusing words of foreign equivalent, advanced degree, combination of experience and qualifications...... made whole mess.

Just came to know abt this... so thought of sharing.
:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Vsc - 140/485

SVD said:
Vermont processing dates update:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont

485 moved to July 18, 2005.
cases processed From June 21 to July 18 (27days worth of cases) in 24 days.

Hi,

My case is - NJ/RIR/EB3/ PD 12/2001

140 & 485 - RD at VSC june 26 2005
FP-code 3 done July 2005
EAD & AP - Approved ( 2 times now )
RFE on 140 ( Ability to pay) answer received by VSC on july 2006
LUD message says - they received the answer to the query. As the initial process has been done, it will not take longer time now.

A quick question:-
With this stats (140 & 485 VSC processing dates) - does my case/file qualify to get processed now OR I have to wait till the PD becomes current ( which is 22APR 2001 - as per Nov. Visa Bulletin ).

Pls suggest.

Thanks
SR

Any dates stated in the Nov bulletin will get current in November. So you will have to wait till Nov.
Hoping that your case has finished processing and will be approved instantly.

srrv said:
Hi,

My case is - NJ/RIR/EB3/ PD 12/2001

140 & 485 - RD at VSC june 26 2005
FP-code 3 done July 2005
EAD & AP - Approved ( 2 times now )
RFE on 140 ( Ability to pay) answer received by VSC on july 2006
LUD message says - they received the answer to the query. As the initial process has been done, it will not take longer time now.

A quick question:-
With this stats (140 & 485 VSC processing dates) - does my case/file qualify to get processed now OR I have to wait till the PD becomes current ( which is 22APR 2001 - as per Nov. Visa Bulletin ).

Pls suggest.

Thanks
SR

Hi SVD,

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean to say that in November, the files with PD = 22Apr2001 or before will get processed? My PD is 22Dec2001, so I guess, I will have to wait a while....

Thanks
SR

3rd EAD approved after MTR

Hello Erics and all other gurus

Does my EAD approval means they have opened my I-485? Does this mean my I-485 is re-opened, if not what is the procedure to re-open my I-485 of mine and my wife's? I do not whether the INS has got the duplicate labor from the DOL or not, does this mean my I-140 is approved or is it still pending as my attorney is not helping me in this matter.

My wife's EAD also due for the renewal by the end of this month, do I have to make sure that her I485 is also re-opened before filing for her EAD renewal? Please pass on your valuable suggestions on my case. It's been a grueling journey for me all these days...but a sigh of relief is my EAD.

Or do I have to wait for my attorney to enquire about my I-140 at latter stage.? Please pass on your valuable suggestions...

VSC EB2 India
PD Apr 2001 (Substitute Labor)
140 PD Feb 2004
485 ND May2004
Wife 485 ND Nov 2004
485 FP Mar 2005
Wife 485 FP Apr 2005
RFE on I-140 03/2005 (For original labor and ability to pay)
RFE Replied 06/2005
Case denied (140 and 2 485s )in Feb 2006 (stating that the original labor copy whereabouts are not informed)
MTR in 15 Mar 2006
MTR re-opened in 23 Mar 2006
Filed 3rd EAD for renewal on 18th April 2006
Went to Phily office for Interim EAD in Aug last week since it is past 90 days - and was sent back stating that the 485 is still in closed state.
Got 3rd EAD approved 10/17/2006
140 Message - on-line says that the case re-opened on USCIS motion
485 messages for me and wife - Still shows the finger printing information only

that's correct, srrv.

srrv said:
Hi SVD,

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean to say that in November, the files with PD = 22Apr2001 or before will get processed? My PD is 22Dec2001, so I guess, I will have to wait a while....

Thanks
SR

Dear all.

I have been quite silent on this forum for a while since nothing was happening on my case... But I just came back from an InfoPass appointment in Boston during which I learned that the hold-up on my case was the background check with the FBI. The officer said that they are overwhelmed and that it could take a few weeks to 3 years !!!! My wife's background check has already been completed but she is waiting for mine since I am the principal applicant. There is nothing the VSC can do until it is returned to them.

Do you have any advice on what to do in this case? Is there any way to contact the FBI and offer additional information and get them moving? The officer also mentioned that I could contact the Dept of Justice which oversees the FBI and ask information about my profile under the FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act). Would that be helpful?

Any similar experiences? I would greatly appreciate any input or advice...

Thanks.