2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

I filed my I140 and 485 in April 2005 using sub-labor at VSC. I am on my second EAD now, but no updates on my I140 and 485.

I completed my FP (code3) in May-2005. We initiated couple of inquires about my I140 with VSC and so far we have not any updates. I called USCIS couple of times asking for some information and they did not provide any updates/information.

Last week, I took an infopass appointment to enquire about my I140 and the lady ifnormed that my I140 is in namecheck process. I am kind of surprised and confused with this information. I was under an impression that namecheck applies to 485, but not I140.

In June I called VCS about my 485 and they gave a reference number for my case being out of process time. I waited for 60 days and have not received any update and when I called them today, they are saying that since VSC did not publish the dates for 485, they can not find the any new status or provide any new information.

I tried using the possible ways that I know of to get some information, but not much luck. If any of you in the same boat, please let me know. Also, please let me know any other ways to find the case status.

This reiterates me that how pathetic that their system is and we are paying penalty for their stupid decision making processing times.

My Pd: March-2001 (eb3 sub-labor)
filed concurrently on April for both I140 and 485
FP (code3) - May-13-05
I140 - Filed on 04/22/05, last LUD 04/28/05, AD - ???
I485 - Filed on 04/22/05, last LUD 02/16/06 (Address change), AD - ???
Second EAD: approved in April/06

Last edited by a moderator:
slkrk said:
I
Last week, I took an infopass appointment to enquire about my I140 and the lady ifnormed that my I140 is in namecheck process. I am kind of surprised and confused with this information. I was under an impression that namecheck applies to 485, but not I140.

Strange ! I never heard 140 stuck due to name chk process.

How ever my guess is that as your PD april 2001 which is/might be current. So they r waiting for name chk process result and then approve both @ same time.

OR may be the officer wasnt expert on 140 and 485 Q's

Thx

Aj

aj_jadeja said:
Strange ! I never heard 140 stuck due to name chk process.

How ever my guess is that as your PD april 2001 which is/might be current. So they r waiting for name chk process result and then approve both @ same time.

OR may be the officer wasnt expert on 140 and 485 Q's

Thx

Aj

I hope you are right with the name check statement.

Based on the online status and since I am not getting any LUD's on my applications, I do not think an officer is actively working on my case.

I am thinking of writing a letter to senator and my application was filed in VSC and I am located in CA. My question is to which senator office do I need to contact. I presme that would be California..right?

Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
How long for lawyer to get RFI from VSC?

hi all,
any idea how long it would take for a lawyer to get the RFI sent by the vermont center?
my latest LUD indicates that vsc mailed a notice about my AP and one about my EAD on 8/17, but the lawyer has not received them yet.
could anyone please tell me usually how long it may take?
also do they only go to the lawyer?
thanks in advance!!!!!

I-140 premium processing

slkrk said:
I filed my I140 and 485 in April 2005 using sub-labor at VSC. I am on my second EAD now, but no updates on my I140 and 485.

I completed my FP (code3) in May-2005. We initiated couple of inquires about my I140 with VSC and so far we have not any updates. I called USCIS couple of times asking for some information and they did not provide any updates/information.

In June I called VCS about my 485 and they gave a reference number for my case being out of process time. I waited for 60 days and have not received any update and when I called them today, they are saying that since VSC did not publish the dates for 485, they can not find the any new status or provide any new information.

I tried using the possible ways that I know of to get some information, but not much luck. If any of you in the same boat, please let me know. Also, please let me know any other ways to find the case status.

This reiterates me that how pathetic that their system is and we are paying penalty for their stupid decision making processing times.

My Pd: March-2001 (eb3 sub-labor)
filed concurrently on April for both I140 and 485
FP (code3) - May-13-05
I140 - Filed on 04/22/05, last LUD 04/28/05, AD - ???
I485 - Filed on 04/22/05, last LUD 02/16/06 (Address change), AD - ???
Second EAD: approved in April/06

I am really sorry for your situation.

I suggest you to think about ammend I-140 premium processing on your current I140 application. This will give you some gaurantee resultls in 15 days.

foret1 said:
hi all,
any idea how long it would take for a lawyer to get the RFI sent by the vermont center?
my latest LUD indicates that vsc mailed a notice about my AP and one about my EAD on 8/17, but the lawyer has not received them yet.
could anyone please tell me usually how long it may take?
also do they only go to the lawyer?
thanks in advance!!!!!

It will take atleast 7-10 business days. I'll worry if not received by end of this month.

thanks LaborBadhi!!
just got the notice from my lawyer. uscis is asking for clear photographs of my passport. so making color copies this time.
thanks again!!!

LaborBadhi said:
It will take atleast 7-10 business days. I'll worry if not received by end of this month.

Time to get 140 approved

Does anyone know, how long is it currently taking to get 140 approved?

If I file for 140 right now (485 visa number unavailable right now) and say in October once the visa number becomes available and the pd is current, will I be able to file 485 then? This won't be a concurrent filing situation.

Any advice is welcome.

485 info

08/24/2006: USCIS Announces Changes in the Processing Times Report

People must have noticed that the USCIS has not updated its website report of processing times report for quite a while. Curious George speculated something was cooking in the USCIS oven. Here we go. (USCIS has retracted this announcement)

Source: immigration-law.com

Hi Laborbadhi:

How's it going? Do you know, what exactly does this statement mean? EVen I noticed this on the immigration-law.com website? Did USCIS post something and then removed it?

Thanks!

LaborBadhi said:
08/24/2006: USCIS Announces Changes in the Processing Times Report

People must have noticed that the USCIS has not updated its website report of processing times report for quite a while. Curious George speculated something was cooking in the USCIS oven. Here we go. (USCIS has retracted this announcement)

Source: immigration-law.com

LaborBadhi said:
I am really sorry for your situation.

I suggest you to think about ammend I-140 premium processing on your current I140 application. This will give you some gaurantee resultls in 15 days.

Thanks, but based on what I read about I-140 premium processing requirements, only candidates can take advantage of this is the people that are filing new I140's.

They are not allowing people to ammend premium process to the I140's that are already pending.

Please correct me if I am worng..

slkrk said:
Thanks, but based on what I read about I-140 premium processing requirements, only candidates can take advantage of this is the people that are filing new I140's.

They are not allowing people to ammend premium process to the I140's that are already pending.

Please correct me if I am worng..

Yes.You are right. I haven't read it before posting.

My friend got his I140 approval in 1 month ( normal process ). I wonder what is the benefit of premium processing of i140 when the time taken is 1-2 months , now-a-days.

485 processing

My I485 was filed at Vermont Center. However , recently Vermont center has stopped displaying the cut-off date of I485 applications. Have they moved all the 485 cases to another center ?

LB correct me if I am wrong, but I think they have discontinued concurrent filing. Hence, they have introduced premium I 140 processing, so on ecan apply for I 485 as soon as possible.

Also, HK_HR: read up some of the earlier posts in this forum, which addresses I 485 confusion at vsc. Basically, we have to wait and see as to what will happen.

HK_HR said:
My friend got his I140 approval in 1 month ( normal process ). I wonder what is the benefit of premium processing of i140 when the time taken is 1-2 months , now-a-days.

8/25/2006 Bulletin: VSC reports I 485 dates

Hello Everybody:

VSC just reported I 485 processing dates as part of the 8/25/2006 bulletin.

I hope they process 2005 filed I 485s at VSC.

An interesting observation: as per VSC bulletin published on 7/26/2006, they were processing cases received by them around June 26, 2005. This bulletin shows processing dates of May 31, 2005. So, it appears that VSC bulletin is going the reverse direction :)!!!!!! Go figure! Never a dull moment in this immigration business.

Any thoughts!

another delay

njrirlabor said:
Hello Everybody:

VSC just reported I 485 processing dates as part of the 8/25/2006 bulletin.

I hope they process 2005 filed I 485s at VSC.

An interesting observation: as per VSC bulletin published on 7/26/2006, they were processing cases received by them around June 26, 2005. This bulletin shows processing dates of May 31, 2005. So, it appears that VSC bulletin is going the reverse direction :)!!!!!! Go figure! Never a dull moment in this immigration business.

Any thoughts!

I am sure all our thoughts at this moment are not printable. EB2 numbers are anyway not available till oct.
Will the VSC do any processing till oct ?

SVD said:
I am sure all our thoughts at this moment are not printable. EB2 numbers are anyway not available till oct.
Will the VSC do any processing till oct ?

What is this means?
1. Are they going to approve the applicaitons filled before May 2005, If they are ready for approval? OR
2. Enven if the applcation is ready for approval they will wait for the VISA number? some time OCT'2006? OR
In other words. Are these applicaions before may -2006 have VISA number already allocated...?

any answers will be appreciated.

rrdrai said:
What is this means?
1. Are they going to approve the applicaitons filled before May 2005, If they are ready for approval? OR
2. Enven if the applcation is ready for approval they will wait for the VISA number? some time OCT'2006? OR
In other words. Are these applicaions before may -2006 have VISA number already allocated...?

They'll approve the cases who filed before May 31st 2005 and VISA dates should be available for that national born.

Indians EB2 is un-available now. SO we have to wait for Oct bulletin with what PD dates they are gonna release.

rrdrai said:
What is this means?

Can you ask your lawyer ? Can you also find out your status from USCIS ? Your case should have been approved by now.