2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Hi DESILAL,

I got a LUD too on 08/07 for my approved 140. My 140 was approved in March.

- Sappana
EB3-Sub, PD:03/2001
I-140 : RD:05/26/05, ND:06/02/05, RFE 12/9/05, AD 03/08/2006
I-485: RD 05/26/05, ND:06/02/05, AD: ???

DESILAL said:
Hi friends,

Did anyone got LUD on approved 140? I got one yesterday and this is making me nervous :eek:

DL

DL
EB2/RIR - PD:02/04 (Original)
140 - RD:06/30/05 ND:07/15 LUD: 07/20, AP: 03/24/06
EAD2 - RD:06/26/06 ND:06/27 LUD:06/28,06/29,07/03,07/06,07/08, AD: 07/17 (Both)
AP2 - RD:06/26/06 ND:06/27 LUD:06/28,06/29,07/03,07/06,07/08 AD: 07/18 (Both)
485 (Self): LUD: 07/20, 08/11, 08/22, 08/24, 08/25, 08/26, 08/29
485 (Spouse): LUD: 07/20, 08/11, 08/16, 08/22
FP - ND:07/26/05 Done 08/10/05 Code 3

Switching Employer while on EAD

Hi ,

I am currently on EAD ( 10 th month ). I know that I can switch my employer after I am with my original employer for 6 months.

My question is : When I switch employer what do I need to take care off ? Can I simply join my new employer ? Does the USCIS need to be informed in a specific manner ? Can my existing employer harm my GC process in any way ?

Thanks.

need AC21

HK_HR said:
Hi ,

I am currently on EAD ( 10 th month ). I know that I can switch my employer after I am with my original employer for 6 months.

My question is : When I switch employer what do I need to take care off ? Can I simply join my new employer ? Does the USCIS need to be informed in a specific manner ? Can my existing employer harm my GC process in any way ?

Thanks.

You need to invoke the AC21.

Fowllow this thread for more information:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121

H1b1 Ext For Three Years

Friends

According to murthy.com in order to get three extension you must fullfill two conditions

1- YOUR I-140 MUST HAVE BEEN APPROVED

2-YOUR PD DATE SHOULD NOT BE CURRENT IF YOUR PD IS CURRENT YOU CAN NOT GET THREE YEARS EXT YOU CAN ONLY GET ONE YEAR EXT

Some people say only condition # 1 is sufficient but according to murthy.com you must met the secound condition as well

Guys please tell me some some official link to clear this confusion

could u pls provide the link of murthy.com

Hi tanveer,

pls provide the murthy.com link where it says you cannot apply for 3yr extenstion if your PD is current.

Thanks,

- Sappana

tanveer666 said:
Friends

According to murthy.com in order to get three extension you must fullfill two conditions

1- YOUR I-140 MUST HAVE BEEN APPROVED

2-YOUR PD DATE SHOULD NOT BE CURRENT IF YOUR PD IS CURRENT YOU CAN NOT GET THREE YEARS EXT YOU CAN ONLY GET ONE YEAR EXT

Some people say only condition # 1 is sufficient but according to murthy.com you must met the secound condition as well

Guys please tell me some some official link to clear this confusion

7th year Extension dependency on Labour

Hi All,
I have my labor and I140 cleared..Not applied I485 due to retrogression. My 6 yrs are getting over in Jan 2007
I have a job offer from a big company .. they are willing to transfer my visa and apply for the 7th year extension, but the legal department of the company has said that there is a risk...
If my current employer uses my approved labour for somone else after i leave them then my extension with my new employer will automatically get void, and i will be out of status.In other words my old company should keep my labour unused for my 7th year extension to be valid

Is this true..? I was under the impression that once you get ur labour and I140 cleared ..you can take your priority date and goto another company and your 7th year extension
is valid even though the underlying labour owned by your prior employer is used up by someone else

thanks in advance for your replies

Don't think you can change your company and keep your labor and I-140. You can only change your employer if you invoke AC 21, which is only after 6 months of applying your I-485, and given that you have an approved 140.

In your case, if you change job, I think you will have to start the GC process all over again with your new employer. You will loose your labor with your old employer.

For your 7th year extension, you either need an approved labor, or if your labour is not approved, it must be filed for atleast more than a year. To apply for 7th year extension, you need to provide approved labor and 140, if you have OR proof of filing labor over 365 days before.

That would be my opinion.

dono77in said:
Don't think you can change your company and keep your labor and I-140. You can only change your employer if you invoke AC 21, which is only after 6 months of applying your I-485, and given that you have an approved 140.

In your case, if you change job, I think you will have to start the GC process all over again with your new employer. You will loose your labor with your old employer.

For your 7th year extension, you either need an approved labor, or if your labour is not approved, it must be filed for atleast more than a year. To apply for 7th year extension, you need to provide approved labor and 140, if you have OR proof of filing labor over 365 days before.

That would be my opinion.

I am sure that i can change my company and even keep my PD since i have an approved I140(I know that i have to restart My GC process too with the new company)..
My question was whether my 7th year extension with the new company is dependent on whether my prior company re-uses my approved labour for somone else. I have been told that if my old compnay reuses my labor for somone else then my 7th year extension with ne company becomes void nad i become out of status.

visa number for eb2 are unavailable

My lawyer says that my Priority Date is not current (March 2002, EB2). I thought my dates were current since april :confused: .

The bulletin below shows that dates for eb2 are unavailable for Indians.

http://www.murthy.com/visadate.html

What the hell does it mean ? Has the eb2 dates retrogressed again :eek: ?

Hi SVD:

My PD is 2/2002( India) , which is similar to yours. My lawyer advised the same to be. However, she said, this means that we cannot be adjusted in the months of august and september, as visa numbers are not available. The net out come is the same as being retrogressed. This is the end of the fiscal year for visa numbers, and this happens often. However, where we are in a different situation than the others ( i.e people with Indian EB 2 PD of 2003 onwards) is the fact that we guys are mostly likely have our PD current in the october visa bulletin.

This does not mean we will have no other issues with USCIS!!! Which I am not too sure as to what heck they are upto these days.

Can you please share your I 485 RD? Also do you know, if you case is being processed in VSC or has it been transferred to another service center.

Thanks

SVD said:
My lawyer says that my Priority Date is not current (March 2002, EB2). I thought my dates were current since april :confused: .

SVD said:

All these days the EB2 was at 01-Jan-2003. But for the past 2 bulletins the EB2 has become Un-available. When it is Un-available then no one can file their 485. Its adding more woes to our already troubled journey.

But from what I have read is that when the new visa numbers come in during Oct hopefully they will move the dates forward.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

onto Oct

njrirlabor said:
Hi SVD:

My PD is 2/2002( India) , which is similar to yours. My lawyer advised the same to be. However, she said, this means that we cannot be adjusted in the months of august and september, as visa numbers are not available. The net out come is the same as being retrogressed. This is the end of the fiscal year for visa numbers, and this happens often. However, where we are in a different situation than the others ( i.e people with Indian EB 2 PD of 2003 onwards) is the fact that we guys are mostly likely have our PD current in the october visa bulletin.

This does not mean we will have no other issues with USCIS!!! Which I am not too sure as to what heck they are upto these days.

Can you please share your I 485 RD? Also do you know, if you case is being processed in VSC or has it been transferred to another service center.

Thanks

My RD for 485 is 27th sept, 2005. My case is still in VSC as I have not received any transfer letter. My lawyer informed me that VSC will not take up any new cases but it will still process my 485 and EAD/AP renewals. I am afraid to put an ETA on my 485. I have been wrong 100% of the time :eek: .

Some good news
My 2nd EAD/AP was approved last week.EAD had start date from the end of the first but AP was from the approval date.
My Wife's 2nd EAD/AP was approved couple of weeks back.
FYI : I e-filed with the RD of June 27th.

485 for Schedule A applicant not under retrogession

We had concurrently filed 140/485/EAD in Sep 2005 as my wife falls under Schedule A category (Physical Therapist) for which 50000 Visa numbers were issued in May 2005.

Her 140 got approved today and EAD is up for renewal so we are eligible for our 485 to be processed as the Schedule A category is current but the USCIS website which shows processing dates for Vermont centre does not have an entry for I-485 at all for any category. I understand that Visa numbers won't be available for EB-2 applicants till Oct 1st but we are going to use the visa numbers alloted for Schedule A which are still not exhausted so how can I verify which date of 485 is vermont centre processing.

Also this date is missing for VST only and all other centres have Processing dates for 485. Any inputs for this matter will be appreciated.

As part of bi-specialization, Vermont will not be processing I-485s going forward. It will be done only at Nebraska or Texas service centers.

All cases files with VSC will be transferred to NSC or TSC. Then if these 2 service center feels necessary, they might send the case to the regional service centers or district service centers as well.

So check the dates for NSC or TSC, and if your case gets transferred to regional , check your regional dates.

most of us Eb2 folks who applied at vsc in 2005 have not recd our transfer notices as yet. It appears based on murthy.com and other lawyers,that VSC will only process cases from 2005 and prior. So going forward one has to apply to tsc / nsc or some cases from early 2006 were also transferred from vsc to tsc/nsc.

At the moment, the fate of us ( 485 applied in 2005) is not clear.

no one seems to be sure as to why VSC has not published the dates. They claim will publish soon...

dono77in said:
As part of bi-specialization, Vermont will not be processing I-485s going forward. It will be done only at Nebraska or Texas service centers.

All cases files with VSC will be transferred to NSC or TSC. Then if these 2 service center feels necessary, they might send the case to the regional service centers or district service centers as well.

So check the dates for NSC or TSC, and if your case gets transferred to regional , check your regional dates.

How do we know when it is moved to other center?

Do we get a LUD for that? Do we get a email? would the message change with the LUD?

Thanks

Hi Cubiclefun:

Well, god only knows what will happen? people who filed cases in early 2006, seem to have gotten some sort of notification from VSC.

For us folks, who applied in 2005, it is yet to be determined, firstly, if our cases will be transferred at all or not. It appears that VSC will continue to process our cases. Lets see as to how things shake out.

cubiclefun said:
Do we get a LUD for that? Do we get a email? would the message change with the LUD?

Thanks

EAD approved

EAD renewal application has been approved.
RD was June 27th.
LUD on 7/3 and 7/6
Approval on 08/16

I also have a LUD on my AP on 08/16 (Not approved yet)