2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

LUD changes

There was a LUD on my I485 yesterday (5/02/2006) and when i check today LUD date says 5/01/2006. How come this happens? have any of you got this kind of update?

Thanks
Priya

Hi rrdrai,

When did you apply for II EAD, is it Feb 02, 2006?

rrdrai said:
You can apply with in your last 90 days of your EAD time,
It is good and easy to apply online. after apply on line you need to send the copy by mail, As part of it after filling you have to Call USCIS and schedule an appointment to local INS office for digital photo and finger prints.
you can see a Lud aftet you take digital photo and finger prints.
in 60 to 90 days you will get it.

It is simple very very easy.
before go online get the paper form print out and fill it manually It helps a lot. you can create an accout(login) and fill forms. if youhave a doubt, you can save it and go back again to complete and submit later. :)

I-485 processing

Hi all, I have been, more or less, silent reader on this forum. My I-140 ND is January 20th, 2006. I'm hoping it'll get approved within the next month or so. In the meantime, I'm from a retrogressed country, but my PD is in 2001. In case my date becomes available soon, my question is this:

What are the pro's and con's of I-485 consular processing vs. regular (within US)? In other words, in case my date becomes available tomorrow, wouldn't it make more sense for me to apply in my home country for I-485? I don't see many people talk about it in the forum, and any views are more than welcome. Thanks a million.

zgubi said:
Hi all, I have been, more or less, silent reader on this forum. My I-140 ND is January 20th, 2006. I'm hoping it'll get approved within the next month or so. In the meantime, I'm from a retrogressed country, but my PD is in 2001. In case my date becomes available soon, my question is this:

What are the pro's and con's of I-485 consular processing vs. regular (within US)? In other words, in case my date becomes available tomorrow, wouldn't it make more sense for me to apply in my home country for I-485? I don't see many people talk about it in the forum, and any views are more than welcome. Thanks a million.

zgubi

Consular processing and adjustment of status are two mutually exclusive processes. Adjustment of status is when you use the form I-485, consular processing must have another form number to its name.

Depending on your circumstances its a personal choice to go one route vs another, however in recent years most ppl have preferred to go the I-485 route especially since the AC21 act became law.

Is there a method to this at all?

Hi

Have been trying to make sense of how Vermont INS is going about processing the 485 applications based on the approvals seen on this forum..And looks like there's no pattern to the approvals at all..

I see that one of the 485 approvals was for an EB2 RIR case at VSC with a PD of 3/2002 and 140/485 was filed in Sept 2005. While I am absolutey happy for the folks who are recipients of this approval, I see that there are plenty of people who have both priority dates as well as filing dates which are almost 6-8 months ahead, including me (EB2 RIR PD 8/2001 and 140/485 RD 1/19/2005).

Whether the processing is based on filing date of 485 or PD, neither of it makes sense..Looks to me that VSC is just pulling applications out of the hat and approving them irrespective of the dates..

As it is the processing dates that are being announced are nowhere near to the reality of applications actually being approved..On top of it applications being filed much later are being randomly approved..

Am totally clueless on when to expect an approval in my case..Can anybody enlighten folks like me on what the method or pattern is here if there is one at all?

Thanks!!
:confused:

Your case may be stuck due to name check. Based on a recent posting on the USCIS website, this can take several years to get this resolved.

I-140 approved

Guys and Gals

My I-140 was approved on May 5.

EB2-India.

I-140 details: ND 10/20/2005; RFE issued (approx)02/20/06; RFE Response: 03/22/06; LUD: 03/24/06-RFE response received; I-140 Approved: 05/05/06

Regards
GCStrat :)

Options for I-140

Hi All,
I need some help for my situation stated below

I got my EB3 labour approved in Oct-2005 (PD April-2002) and applied for my I-140 on 10th Dec2005(VSC). My six years of H1 gets over in Jan 2007.

Currently I am on a project in a Financial company which ends in Sept 2006 and they have asked me to join them permanently.

If i decide to join this financial company then....

Q1) Can i get an extension on the Transfer h1 based on the approved labour of my current contracting company ? or do i need to go back to home country for a year?

Q2) If i take up the new job without waiting for my I-140 to get approved(which might take 3-4 more months)..does the INS automatically stop my I-140 processing?

Q3) If just-in-case i get layed off like after a year of joining this company, and by the time the retrogression has moved upto my PD of April2002..is it possible to join back my old contracting company and apply for
I-485 ,assuming that by then my I140 has already cleared?

I can always stay with my current contracting company and none of these questions would arise..but like most other contracting companies , mine does not pay me on bench..plus the new offer is very lucrative ..I am just trying to understand my options and risks of loosing my Priority Ddate if i accept the new offer.

Thanks in advance

GCDC said:
Hi All,
I need some help for my situation stated below

I got my EB3 labour approved in Oct-2005 (PD April-2002) and applied for my I-140 on 10th Dec2005(VSC). My six years of H1 gets over in Jan 2007.

Currently I am on a project in a Financial company which ends in Sept 2006 and they have asked me to join them permanently.

If i decide to join this financial company then....

Q1) Can i get an extension on the Transfer h1 based on the approved labour of my current contracting company ? or do i need to go back to home country for a year?

Q2) If i take up the new job without waiting for my I-140 to get approved(which might take 3-4 more months)..does the INS automatically stop my I-140 processing?

Q3) If just-in-case i get layed off like after a year of joining this company, and by the time the retrogression has moved upto my PD of April2002..is it possible to join back my old contracting company and apply for
I-485 ,assuming that by then my I140 has already cleared?

I can always stay with my current contracting company and none of these questions would arise..but like most other contracting companies , mine does not pay me on bench..plus the new offer is very lucrative ..I am just trying to understand my options and risks of loosing my Priority Ddate if i accept the new offer.

Thanks in advance

GCDC

I have given up so many good looking offers because of this terrible process, but then who knows if they would have turned out as great as they looked at first.... so having said that. Here's my 2 cents. I must preface it by saying, if you have an attorney you can talk to, do that in addition to all the feedback you get here.

Ideally you will switch employers after your I-140 has been approved and since you will be leaving your current employer for a client, you will work it out so that you can take your approved I-140 and labor certification priority date with you to the new employer. Since you filed Dec 2005, chances are you are only a month or two away from I-140 approval. Talk to an attorney, this is possible if I understand correctly.
Also, if you have a I-140 approved, you can request a 3 yr H1-B extension but not otherwise, again please check with a professional.

If you cannot wait that long, then considering your 2007 Feb H1-B 6 yr expiry I would recommend you stay put until you get to a point where you are mobile. Hopefully it'll come soon.

Thanks Spidey,
I have informed the client that i am willing to join them as soon as my I-140 has been approved ,and they are ready to wait for it. That also helps me to keep my PD, which is really helpful.
Q3 is what is most important for me ..is it legally possible for my current contracting employer to continue with my GC process even after i move..I am already paying for it..If its possible then i wont have to reinvest for PERM in my new job

spidey said:
GCDC

I have given up so many good looking offers because of this terrible process, but then who knows if they would have turned out as great as they looked at first.... so having said that. Here's my 2 cents. I must preface it by saying, if you have an attorney you can talk to, do that in addition to all the feedback you get here.

Ideally you will switch employers after your I-140 has been approved and since you will be leaving your current employer for a client, you will work it out so that you can take your approved I-140 and labor certification priority date with you to the new employer. Since you filed Dec 2005, chances are you are only a month or two away from I-140 approval. Talk to an attorney, this is possible if I understand correctly.
Also, if you have a I-140 approved, you can request a 3 yr H1-B extension but not otherwise, again please check with a professional.

If you cannot wait that long, then considering your 2007 Feb H1-B 6 yr expiry I would recommend you stay put until you get to a point where you are mobile. Hopefully it'll come soon.

If you know that your case moved to NSC (new number starting with LIN), please post your information data and approvals info on NSC consolidated tracker here:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=206216&page=1&pp=15

There is a very nice and well organized Excell spreadsheet in it which is being updated at least 2 times in a week. It can help everybody to understand where NSC approval queue is.

You can simply duplicate your posts here and there

485 Approved

Finally the magic emails have arrived. The long wait is coming to an end. See the details in my signature.
I have found these forums very helpful in many ways. People on these forums have been always helpful. I gathered so much of valuable informtion from here.

Wish every one to get their approvals soon.