2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Congrats

inUSA2000 said:
Hey guys,

My I140 has been approved. My attorney gave me this news.
Mine is eb3 category and 140 was applied in the first week of Nov 2005.

inUSA2000

Congrats inUSA2000.. thats good news. So what happend to your RFE? Could you give more details about your case.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

g_geek said:
Hi guys,

Just saw the email. My 140 was approved today! :)

Here are my details.

Filed seperately
EB3
RD 10/26/05
ND 10/31/05
AD 01/25/05

Congrats g_geek.. could you give more details of your labor too..

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Hey GCVaruma.

My labor was filed through PERM in the EB3 category in the middle of August 05. The labor was approved in the middle of October 05.
My priority date is August 18, 2005

Fortunately, I had no RFEs. Also, this was my first LUD after the initial filing LUD

Let me know if you need any other information.

best of luck to you and all other members/reader of this forum.

GCVARUMA said:
Congrats g_geek.. could you give more details of your labor too..

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Congratulations to all for your 140 approvals...

My I140 application was filed on April 22nd 2005 and now VSC is processing July cases and I am still waiting for my approval.

I talked to my attorney about this and requested her to enquire my case deyails with VSC for the same and she is saying that the processing center go by the processing days (i.e 90 and 485 days) that was listed in the case message rather than the VSC processing dates. I am confused and wondering whether you have any insight or any additional information related to this.

Thanks in advance....

This is the latest status of my I140 case from the website...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on April 22, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

g_geek said:
Hey GCVaruma.

My labor was filed through PERM in the EB3 category in the middle of August 05. The labor was approved in the middle of October 05.
My priority date is August 18, 2005

Fortunately, I had no RFEs. Also, this was my first LUD after the initial filing LUD

Let me know if you need any other information.

best of luck to you and all other members/reader of this forum.

Thanks inUSA2000 and g_geek for your updates. Wishing you both the best in your 485 stages.

GCVaruma.

slkrk said:
Congratulations to all for your 140 approvals...

My I140 application was filed on April 22nd 2005 and now VSC is processing July cases and I am still waiting for my approval.

I talked to my attorney about this and requested her to enquire my case deyails with VSC for the same and she is saying that the processing center go by the processing days (i.e 90 and 485 days) that was listed in the case message rather than the VSC processing dates. I am confused and wondering whether you have any insight or any additional information related to this.

Thanks in advance....

This is the latest status of my I140 case from the website...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on April 22, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Your attorney doesn't sound to be that helpful. I have read from forums by some others that their attorneys contacted USCIS when the processing date was up and they did not get an approval. I read that the checking on the case helped- they were doing sometimes through senators. May be you can try the senator thing

quit before 140 approval

Do anyone of you know of anyone who quit the company before the I140
approval itself when filed 485/140 concurrently and still got the GC through that company. If the employer is
not the kind who would harm, do you think it is okay to leave the company
before the I140 clears itself if it is 6 months past the 140/485 filing?
Please tell me what the consequences could be if you quit a company
before the I140 approval with them

chicchu said:
Do anyone of you know of anyone who quit the company before the I140
approval itself when filed 485/140 concurrently and still got the GC through that company. If the employer is
not the kind who would harm, do you think it is okay to leave the company
before the I140 clears itself if it is 6 months past the 140/485 filing?
Please tell me what the consequences could be if you quit a company
before the I140 approval with them

chicchu

I wouldnt do it if I wanted to keep my priority date.
As I understand the law (and I am not an expert, so talk to an attorney) this can be a problem. Of course, GC is for future employment so technically you can try to make an argument that you will work for this employer after GC is approved but from what I understand thats a very tough sell to USCIS.

Worst case you have start all over again. These days PERM helps get your Labor thro quickly but priority date is always going to be a sticking point.

chicchu said:
Your attorney doesn't sound to be that helpful. I have read from forums by some others that their attorneys contacted USCIS when the processing date was up and they did not get an approval. I read that the checking on the case helped- they were doing sometimes through senators. May be you can try the senator thing

Does any one know what would be waiting time (in terms of day) before one should contact USICS and ask them why file isn't approved/touched ?

If confusing then let me give example. Lets say right now VSC is processing July 2 cases. and my lets say my case is filed on July 2. Now how many days should i wait till i enquire with VSC for my case ?

:)

spidey said:
arey mamu

ye toh ekdam jhakas khabar layla hai. tera shytle ekdum sholid tha... apunko apna muhala yaad gaya... kabotar khane ke bagal mein...

for all those who didn't make sense of that, it was just friendly nostalgic banter spurred by the greeting that AJ used in the original message.
Nothing serious.

thanks and lots of luck to everyone here.
good news is that the senate is probably preparing to put out something on the floor by Feb2 with regard to the much anticipated immigration packet potentially increasing visa #s for legal immigrants to be included.
There was news on www.immigration-law.com about this possibility.

Thanks Mamu :) Sometime we ONLY have to rely on forums to speak our beloved language :) coz its rare to find mumbaiya where i live :)

As per latest update by immigration-law , Senate Committee action on immigration legislation may be pushed back until later in February or perhaps into March. Well lets hope when ever it comes on floor its passed and bring good news for all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
aj_jadeja said:
Does any one know what would be waiting time (in terms of day) before one should contact USICS and ask them why file isn't approved/touched ?

If confusing then let me give example. Lets say right now VSC is processing July 2 cases. and my lets say my case is filed on July 2. Now how many days should i wait till i enquire with VSC for my case ?

You'll need to wait until VSC report says 'processing August 2 cases'. That's what 30 days means. IMHO

140 approved

My 140 is approved today , was filed on september 26 2005 , with 485 filing under Eb2

This case approval notice is received in the email fron VSC

Wish all a speedy approvals

cdian said:
My 140 is approved today , was filed on september 26 2005 , with 485 filing under Eb2

First of - congrats!
the email came from VSC itself or it's an attorney who received the hard copy?
And what was your priority date, if you don't mind telling?
thanx

chicchu said:

Thanks for the information and I am requesting my attorney to call VSC and if she is not going to check with them, then I will go through senators...

BAD day's who filed after 9/30/2005?????

any have analysis how many cases 140 are filed in September in VSC?

Due to PD cut off moved back for EB2.

VSC is processing cases in this month very large volume but all case are filed in last week of sepetember.?

What is your Priority Date of labor?

cdian said:

--------------------------------------

What is your Priority Date of labor?

Good News for Visa Movement

AILA has reported the DOS advised AILA that "thanks? to" the decrease in demand for EB visa numbers from USCIS I-485 cases and 245(i) labor cases still being held in the Department of Labor, the visa number would progress forward as follows:

Worldwide EB-1 and EB-2: There will be no need for a cut-off date for the thesee categories.
Worldwide EB-3: Unlike the DOS previous prediction that the large number of 245(i) filings would be filed during March and April 2001 and it would result in a surge EB-3 number demand and would limit movement of the cut-off date, 245(i) cases still remain at the DOL and therefore there will be some movement in EB-3 visa numbers.

India EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
India EB-3: It will move ahead but may become limited down the road.

China EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
China EB-3: It will stay at the Worldwide date.

Source : http://www.immigration-law.com/

Thanks.
GCVaruma.