2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

How to prepare for I-485

Hello friends,
My I-140 has been pending for more than 45 days now (RD 12/13-05). I hope and pray that it will be approved within a month or two.

Now my question is how do i prepare and get ready to file I-485. What are the documents/things needed for I-485? I need to apply for my spouse too. Someone with more knowledge in this subject please explain this very clearly.

Thanks in advance.
WhatheHeck

whatheheck said:
Hello friends,
My I-140 has been pending for more than 45 days now (RD 12/13-05). I hope and pray that it will be approved within a month or two.

Now my question is how do i prepare and get ready to file I-485. What are the documents/things needed for I-485? I need to apply for my spouse too. Someone with more knowledge in this subject please explain this very clearly.

Thanks in advance.
WhatheHeck

WhatheHeck

I've attached a document I had found on the internet (probably USCIS website) long time ago. This will answer your questions as far as what documentation is needed.

The more important question for you is, what is your Priority Date and what is your EB categorization. Depending on that, your wait to file 485 will be shorter or longer.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You

spidey said:
WhatheHeck

I've attached a document I had found on the internet (probably USCIS website) long time ago. This will answer your questions as far as what documentation is needed.

The more important question for you is, what is your Priority Date and what is your EB categorization. Depending on that, your wait to file 485 will be shorter or longer.

Hope this helps.

Hey Spidey, :D
Thanks for your promt response. I know you'll be first one to respond.
Thanks for your help once again

Whatheheck

Last edited by a moderator:
This is indeed good news, thanks for sharing!

Hope we see some solid mouvement in the next bulletin!

GCVARUMA said:
AILA has reported the DOS advised AILA that "thanks? to" the decrease in demand for EB visa numbers from USCIS I-485 cases and 245(i) labor cases still being held in the Department of Labor, the visa number would progress forward as follows:

Worldwide EB-1 and EB-2: There will be no need for a cut-off date for the thesee categories.
Worldwide EB-3: Unlike the DOS previous prediction that the large number of 245(i) filings would be filed during March and April 2001 and it would result in a surge EB-3 number demand and would limit movement of the cut-off date, 245(i) cases still remain at the DOL and therefore there will be some movement in EB-3 visa numbers.

India EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
India EB-3: It will move ahead but may become limited down the road.

China EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
China EB-3: It will stay at the Worldwide date.

Source : http://www.immigration-law.com/

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

I-140 approved

I got an email that my I-140 is approved. There were no LUDS.
RD was 09/27/05. Approval date is 01/27/06.

EB2. Original Labor. PD is march 2002.

I received my 7th year extension a week back (applied on 2nd week of october, approved last week.)

I noticed couple of approvals who filed in November 1st week.
Lot of approvals who file in end of september.
Did you come across any approvals who filed in december?
what is you analysis on this 140 approvals?

Thanks
Anita

whatheheck said:
Hello friends,

Thanks in advance.
WhatheHeck

Congrats

Congratulations to all who have their 140 approved recently...

Man...it seems there are so many eb2 people (including me) in last three days of September. It is taking hell lot of time to move by a day.

but it is good VSC has processed lot of 140 approvals recently and hope it continues so...

MD2001

SVD said:
I got an email that my I-140 is approved. There were no LUDS.
RD was 09/27/05. Approval date is 01/27/06.

EB2. Original Labor. PD is march 2002.

I received my 7th year extension a week back (applied on 2nd week of october, approved last week.)

A0001 said:
I noticed couple of approvals who filed in November 1st week.
Lot of approvals who file in end of september.
Did you come across any approvals who filed in december?
what is you analysis on this 140 approvals?

Thanks
Anita

Hi Anita,
Yes! lots of approval for sept'05. No, I haven't seen any approval for December and i don't think it will happen within the next couple of weeks. But i strongly believe that mine would be approved within a month or two. This is not based on any analysis but my inner feeling.

Is there anyone whose I 140 RD is in Aug'05.

Category: EB2
PD: June'05
I 140 : ND: 08/23/05 RD: 08/26/05 (Concurrent filing)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY I 140 APPROVALS for EB2
in Aug'05.

I am seeing approvals from Sep'05. But what z happening to cases
in Aug'05.

Please update.

Where to find the news ??

GCVARUMA said:
AILA has reported the DOS advised AILA that "thanks? to" the decrease in demand for EB visa numbers from USCIS I-485 cases and 245(i) labor cases still being held in the Department of Labor, the visa number would progress forward as follows:

Worldwide EB-1 and EB-2: There will be no need for a cut-off date for the thesee categories.
Worldwide EB-3: Unlike the DOS previous prediction that the large number of 245(i) filings would be filed during March and April 2001 and it would result in a surge EB-3 number demand and would limit movement of the cut-off date, 245(i) cases still remain at the DOL and therefore there will be some movement in EB-3 visa numbers.

India EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
India EB-3: It will move ahead but may become limited down the road.

China EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
China EB-3: It will stay at the Worldwide date.

Source : http://www.immigration-law.com/

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

GCVaruma,
Searched the web including AILA for more details, but could not confirm this news. Can you please share more details ?

w8in4gc said:
GCVaruma,
Searched the web including AILA for more details, but could not confirm this news. Can you please share more details ?

1. Go to the link : http://www.immigration-law.com/
2. Underneath the Breaking news section see for Today's Hot News: New Visa Movement Prediction: "Good News!" and click on that link.
3. Scroll down to the : 01/26/2005: Good News for Visa Movement and you will find the information there.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

GCVARUMA said:
1. Go to the link : http://www.immigration-law.com/
2. Underneath the Breaking news section see for Today's Hot News: New Visa Movement Prediction: "Good News!" and click on that link.
3. Scroll down to the : 01/26/2005: Good News for Visa Movement and you will find the information there.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Thanks GCVaruma. It's really a good news.

Hoping that March Visa Bulletin will confirm this. USICS have been very consistent in their conservative view about visa numbers since July 2005, and they have made U turn ????? (of course good for all of us). But lots of folks were loosing their sleep over limited visa numbers for last few months.

Let’s wait and see.

Yes...

Yes. You don't need to wait for 140 approval.

It is not entirely concurrent filing but sort of same.

whatheheck said:
Hey Spidey,
Lets assume my PD for EB3/I-485 is current. Is it possible to apply for I-485 while I-140 is still pending?

w8in4gc said:
Thanks GCVaruma. It's really a good news.

Hoping that March Visa Bulletin will confirm this. USICS have been very consistent in their conservative view about visa numbers since July 2005, and they have made U turn ????? (of course good for all of us). But lots of folks were loosing their sleep over limited visa numbers for last few months.

Let’s wait and see.

Did USCIS post the visa bulletien for FEB -06 ???

I usually go to the following location to check for the monthly release :

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html

I see that USCIS has not posted the visa bulletien for Feb06 .