2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

karatekid said:
Hi all !!! :)

I am new to this site so I would appreciate some help... Where is the latest version of the 2005 Vermont Center Tracker? I want to put my info in...

I also have a question: I have applied for my green card in Boston (I140/I485) with a receipt date of April 6th 2005 under the EB2 category (employment based, advanced degree or exceptional ability). Do you know what are my obligations to my current employer after the I140 is approved? Could I start working for another company after approval of the I-140 but before the final I-485?

Please let me know if this is not the right place to post, and if so, where I should do it.

Thanks for the help!
Welcome to the Group!
Yes. This is the right place.
You can switch the company using AC21 after your I-140 approval & 180 days of 485 pending. Looks like you are very close to I-485 180 days.

LaborBadhi said:
Welcome to the Group!
Yes. This is the right place.
You can switch the company using AC21 after your I-140 approval & 180 days of 485 pending. Looks like you are very close to I-485 180 days.

Thanks !!! But what about the 2005 Tracker Excel Sheet? Should I put my info in there? Could someone send it to me?

Also, does anyone with a RD around April 6th 2005 for an I140/I485 EB2 have had their I140 approved yet?

Sorry for the stupid question, but what is LUD?

Thanks again... and sorry: I promise I will learn fast!

karatekid said:
Thanks !!! But what about the 2005 Tracker Excel Sheet? Should I put my info in there? Could someone send it to me?

Also, does anyone with a RD around April 6th 2005 for an I140/I485 EB2 have had their I140 approved yet?

Sorry for the stupid question, but what is LUD?

Thanks again... and sorry: I promise I will learn fast!
I was looking for the 2005 Tracker Excel Sheet will post it as soon as I get it.

LUD - Last Updated date.

Lot of people I-140 get approved RD after 04/06. Looks like yours is taking so long.... I think your case might be the oldest in this forum.

mithya said:
Hi,
Congrats on your 'escape to victory'. I have the same issue, wife's 485 is still pending approval. Did you talk with your lawyer about this? Mine says that hers will be impacted by retrogression.
And from my personal experience, don't worry about LUDs. I got one LUD about FP received on 485 and that's all. No LUD on 140 till it said approved.

Thanks Mithya

No I didn’t speak with my attorney. Personally I don’t see
any relation between retrogression and dependent approval.
I guess retrogression effects only primary, let us see how it goes

Thanks
Maa

I-140

Hi Gurus,

I am new to this forum, so please bear with me if I am asking a dumb question. My company's immigration department told me that they have filed my I-140 on 09/20/2005.

My labor has a priority date of 03/1999.

I have 2 questions.

1. What would be a realistic date, when I can expect my I-140 approval?

2. Once 140 is approved, when can I file for my 485?

Thanks for all your help and advice

MD_Hell said:
Hi Gurus,

I am new to this forum, so please bear with me if I am asking a dumb question. My company's immigration department told me that they have filed my I-140 on 09/20/2005.

My labor has a priority date of 03/1999.

I have 2 questions.

1. What would be a realistic date, when I can expect my I-140 approval?
---It cannot be predicted. Some times it takes 20 days and some time 5 months

2. Once 140 is approved, when can I file for my 485?
---You are very close to the current PD cut off dates. You may get chance with November bulletin.

Thanks for all your help and advice

LaborBadhi said:
Lot of people I-140 get approved RD after 04/06. Looks like yours is taking so long.... I think your case might be the oldest in this forum.

I agree but when I look at the USCIS processing dates (last update was on Sept. 20th) for my category (Advanced degree or exceptional ability), the PD is still stuck at March 19th 2005. It has been stuck there for quite some time... and it's only 2 weeks away from my RD!!! Also, it seems that the I485 dates have been stuck at Sept 23rd, 2004.

karatekid said:
I agree but when I look at the USCIS processing dates (last update was on Sept. 20th) for my category (Advanced degree or exceptional ability), the PD is still stuck at March 19th 2005. It has been stuck there for quite some time... and it's only 2 weeks away from my RD!!! Also, it seems that the I485 dates have been stuck at Sept 23rd, 2004.

Hey kid

It may just be a technicality and something you are aware of and using terms loosely and interchangeably but I thought I'd point this out in case you weren't.

Those dates you mention above are not PD's. PD = Priority Date is generally the date of filing original labor application.
The dates that 140 and 485 processing dates refer to are the dates that your 140 or 485 application was received by the respective center.
So, you can have a PD = March 1999 but your 140 and 485 were received by USCIS in April 2005.
The 485 date of 24th Sept 2004 does not now mean that your application should be processed since your PD = March 1999 but that you will be processed whn 485's are processed for April 2005 and after.

I hope this helps.

I have started to expect the unexpected, such has been my experience with the GC process. Technically, my lawyer claims that since the dependent also consumes a visa number, they will be hit by retrogression, but again, who knows..
Although, other than travel related issues like Ap etc, the derivative's EAD is good enough for all purposes, as long as primary has been approved.

maa_1456 said:
Thanks Mithya

No I didn’t speak with my attorney. Personally I don’t see
any relation between retrogression and dependent approval.
I guess retrogression effects only primary, let us see how it goes

Thanks
Maa

spidey said:
Hey kid

It may just be a technicality and something you are aware of and using terms loosely and interchangeably but I thought I'd point this out in case you weren't.

Those dates you mention above are not PD's. PD = Priority Date is generally the date of filing original labor application.
The dates that 140 and 485 processing dates refer to are the dates that your 140 or 485 application was received by the respective center.
So, you can have a PD = March 1999 but your 140 and 485 were received by USCIS in April 2005.
The 485 date of 24th Sept 2004 does not now mean that your application should be processed since your PD = March 1999 but that you will be processed whn 485's are processed for April 2005 and after.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, it helps... and sorry, you were right: I was confused. So this is what I have:

I140 (EB2) / I485: Receipt Date: 3/31/05, Notice Date: 4/6/05
Finger Printing: 8/8/05
LUD: 8/16/05 (finger printing received)

Approval notice

Hi maa_1456, nugur, mithya, whereismylabour...wondering whether you guys have received your approval notices in the mail. My 140, 485 was approved on the 28th (according to the website)...still waiting to get the written notices.

Cheers!

Hi A_P,
I did not receive notice yet. It may come tomorrow. Be patient.
Thank you
A_P said:
Hi maa_1456, nugur, mithya, whereismylabour...wondering whether you guys have received your approval notices in the mail. My 140, 485 was approved on the 28th (according to the website)...still waiting to get the written notices.

Cheers!

Hi.

I found the latest update of the 2005 tracker (from mugur on 8/31/05) but I am not sure how to modify it and send it around. So here is my info:

self:
I140/I485: PD ??? : RD 3/31/05 : ND 4/6/05
FP: ND 6/1/05 : Done 8/9/05
LUD: 8/16/05 (fingerprint info received)

spouse:
I140/EAD/AP/485: PD ??? : RD 3/31/05 : ND 4/6/05
EAD: AD 4/28/05
AP: AD 4/27/05
FP: ND 6/1/05 : Done 8/9/05
LUD: 8/16/05 (fingerprint info received)

Thx

Thx whereismylabor. just getting a bit impatient to get the notice in hand :) . I am sure we will get it in the next couple of days.

Cheers!

Same here. Approval still not received in physical mail (neither 485 nor 140)

WhereIsMyLabour said:
Hi A_P,
I did not receive notice yet. It may come tomorrow. Be patient.
Thank you

Hi Friends, This green Card is a long long Journey & I got white hairs but not green card till today. Even after approval of I 140, my attorney told me that I485 could take next 5 years. Is it true? What you guys think, r u going to wait for 5 more years. I am surprised about policies. A guy can be a Citizen who even doesn’t know a, b, c but we who are very technical & can do something for this country, we don't know our future.
PD 01/2002/EB3