2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

GCVARUMA said:
Good news guys.. Got an E-mail saying that my EAD was approved. That was really fast. Here are the details for my status :

LC: OWN-EB2, PD-01/03, AD-09/05
140/I485/EAD/AP:RD-09/16/05;ND-09/21/05
I 140:LUDs:09/24
SELF:
I-485 :LUDs:09/24
I-765(EAD):LUDs:09/24 AD:10/05
I-131(AP) :LUDs:09/24
FP:?

SPOUSE:
I-485 :LUDs:09/24
I-765(EAD):LUDs:09/24 AD:10/05
I-131(AP) :LUDs:09/24
FP:?

Question that I have is :
1. Do I have to call 800-375-5283(number got from the notice) to setup an Biometrics Appointment? If no then how do I set it up?
Yes. You can make appointment by calling this number. They will give you confirmation number.
2. Is that option available in Infopass?
I am not sure.
3. Do I have to take the original notice when I go for the appointment?
You need to take I-485 receipt and photo id along with you.

Thanks.
GCVaruma

From my personal experience I suggest that you don't wait for the date. Looks like you are in PA. Most centers in PA will accept walk-in for FP. Take all your docs and go next day you can. I saved 5 days like this (my friend had given my this tip), and who knows...may be those 5 days saved resulted in my approval on the last day before retro hit..
May seem a minor thing but could make a major difference once retro dates moves.....

M
spidey said:
Just got notified by my lawyer that my biometrics have been scheduled for 10/13 by the USCIS. Is it really possible that these fellas work as fast as that.
Not complaining.... just pleasantly surprised after that labor certification monstrocity.

EAD Approved

Hi Friends

My company applied for my Concurrent filing as per my signature below. I received an email on 10/05 that EAD is approved for my spouse and me and they have ordered a card to be mailed to me.

Self
Subs LC
LC: PD 6/01
I140/I485/EAD/AP (VSC):RD 09/27
FP: ?
EAD AD 10/05

Spouse:
EAD AD 10/05

Card ordered

Hi All,

I received the following LUD yesterday on my 485 application. This is after I had received an "Approved" LUD on Sep 28th...

"On October 5, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Does this imply that I don't have to go to InfoPass?

Cheers

I140 is approved after 9 months of wait

Hi Friends,

After waiting for 9 months my I140 is approved. After seeing the email i felt as if my 485 is approved. Atleast i have some hope now that i will get GC in near future..

Good luck to all of you..
EB1- Multinational
I140/485/AP/EAD - RD 12/21/04 and ND 01/04/05
AP , EAD AD : 03/15
I140 : 09/05/05 ( No luds until approval)
I485 : Coming soon hopefully
FP : SD 03/21 RD 4/22 , Done 4/22,
Lud 5/2 (FP Received)

luck_2005 said:
Hi Friends,

After waiting for 9 months my I140 is approved. After seeing the email i felt as if my 485 is approved. Atleast i have some hope now that i will get GC in near future..

Good luck to all of you..
EB1- Multinational
I140/485/AP/EAD - RD 12/21/04 and ND 01/04/05
AP , EAD AD : 03/15
I140 : 09/05/05 ( No luds until approval)
I485 : Coming soon hopefully
FP : SD 03/21 RD 4/22 , Done 4/22,
Lud 5/2 (FP Received)

Congrats! It really took long..... :rolleyes:

prasadlabor said:
Hi Friends

My company applied for my Concurrent filing as per my signature below. I received an email on 10/05 that EAD is approved for my spouse and me and they have ordered a card to be mailed to me.

Self
Subs LC
EAD AD 10/05

Spouse:
EAD AD 10/05

Congrats!! This is really quick. Just in 8 days!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
LaborBadhi said:
Congrats!! This is really quick. Just in 8 days!!! :)
It looks like VSC & other centers ( perhaps!) are putting I 140s etc on the back burner for the time being and approving EAD/APs prompty atleast for the time being.

Regards

Sorry for the naive question, but what exactly is the infopass? and when do i need to bother about this (step)? I got the message that my card has been mailed on 10/4.

M

A_P said:
Hi All,

I received the following LUD yesterday on my 485 application. This is after I had received an "Approved" LUD on Sep 28th...

"On October 5, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Does this imply that I don't have to go to InfoPass?

Cheers

njrirlabor said:
It looks like VSC & other centers ( perhaps!) are putting I 140s etc on the back burner for the time being and approving EAD/APs prompty atleast for the time being.

Regards

May be true.
I post poned my India trip because of this. I will plan to India only after I see my I-140 approval.

prasadlabor said:
Hi Friends

Self
Subs LC
EAD AD 10/05

Spouse:
EAD AD 10/05

Hi,
Congrats! That was quick. Hopefully such improved USCIS processing time compensates for the lost time in the BEC black hole.

How did you know about the approval ? Do you already have your notice receipts from USCIS?

THX

Yes,
Atleast with the Retro and BEC issues ,the USCIS is getting approving EAD/AP ASAP.
and one of my friend told that most of the USCIS customer services and ppl with EAD approvals are Private Contractors working for USCIS......whatever the case..we are seeing some movement right!!!!

Congrats

Congrats to A_P of your 485 approval and to luck_2005 of your 140 approval.

FYI: Regarding my biometrics appt, yesterday I mentioned that my lawyer asked me to schedule an appointment for the biometrics and I asked the forum as to how to do it. My lawyer just sent me an email saying that they received the appointment notice for the biometrics. So it looks like the USCIS sends the appointment and we need not schedule it.

Biometrics

GCVARUMA,

Can you please clarify whether this (biometrics now) is required only for e-filers of EAD/AP or everyone (including paper filing) will have to go through this.

I know before 485 approval we have to go through this. Also if you give biometrics now, will that be enough for 485 as well.

Thx
MD2001

GCVARUMA said:
Congrats to A_P of your 485 approval and to luck_2005 of your 140 approval.

FYI: Regarding my biometrics appt, yesterday I mentioned that my lawyer asked me to schedule an appointment for the biometrics and I asked the forum as to how to do it. My lawyer just sent me an email saying that they received the appointment notice for the biometrics. So it looks like the USCIS sends the appointment and we need not schedule it.

infopass

mithya said:
Sorry for the naive question, but what exactly is the infopass? and when do i need to bother about this (step)? I got the message that my card has been mailed on 10/4.

M

Mithya.. infopass in online request or scheduling for appointments with the ASC offices for renewing your card, stamping your passport etc.,. The link to this site is : http://infopass.uscis.gov/

My assumption is now that they have mailed you the card I don’t think it will be necessary for you. Its just my assumption so check it with others.

GCVaruma

Biometrics

MD2001 said:
GCVARUMA,

Can you please clarify whether this (biometrics now) is required only for e-filers of EAD/AP or everyone (including paper filing) will have to go through this.

I know before 485 approval we have to go through this. Also if you give biometrics now, will that be enough for 485 as well.

Thx
MD2001

Hey MD2001,

Mine was filed concurrently and it was paper filing. I think everyone is required (efiling and paper filing) to do it because the 485 receipt notice says that the next step is to do the biometrics(in the notice it mentions that I have to schedule an appointment and hence I had the confusion initially).

My assumption it that once you do the biometrics it will be good enough, because to do the biometrics(which includes FP, Photo and signature) they have charged us $70(I think). Once it is done the records will be there in their files and I don’t see the need to do another.

But then you never know what USCIS are up to.

GCVaruma