2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

anil34 said:
Hi

Lawyer raised the status inquiry. This is the response I got

--
The processing of your petition has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this Service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications. We can give no definite indication of when they wil be completed. We apologize for delay
--

What are your thoughts? Is it delayed because of security or ...is it generic message. My PD is Nov 2000.

Thanks
Anil

I too asked for a status enquiry and I received a similar letter, if not the exact same. My case was transferred to Boston from VSC in September 2005 and I hadn't (and still haven't) received an interview date. Others have posted similar letters on this board, so I think it's just a generic letter rather than something specific about you or I or anyone else. It's their way to shut you up for 6 months (you have to wait 6 months before submitting another status request). I am guessing they are prioritizing interviews by availability of a visa number for the category you are applying in.

Last edited by a moderator:
485 Approved

Aftef 5 years of waiting, today my 485 got approved(My wife's too). Best of luck all. I raised status enquiry on May 3rd 2006.

approved 485

Hi there,

I got 6 emails of my 485 approval today! Its been a long rough ride!
Looks like my name check was cleared some time this month. Here are my details and some analysis. FYI, no RFE or recent FP. Hope it helps

EB3 PD Oct 2000 India

April 14 2004 -> I-485 ND
April 30 2004 -> Name Check initiated
April 09 2006 -> 485 LUD for spouse (No message change)- name check may have been cleared for spouse on this date.
May 09 2006 -> 485 LUD for primary and spouse (No message change) - This must be the date when my name check was cleared.
May 26 2006 -> 485 Approval emails

Thanks to all the people in the forum.

Good Luck

Ac21

Gurus , i need your help. AC21 employee can change employer if I-140
approved and 6 months over ?

Thanks.

Hello Eric and all gurus

It has been 3 months since I got the reply from you. I've filed the MTR in March and got that opened on March 23rd exactly after a week of filing my MTR(both A & B). IN April I've filed for the renewal of my 2nd EAD(applied for 3rd EAD), still waiting for the approval (which needs to come before June 16th). But no positive sign so far.

When I checked up with INS on May22nd I was told that my case is under review and even if I get the approval I was told that I may not see the message getting updated on the internet and was asked to check with my attorney. I have seen 2 LUDs (one on 6th June and one on 7th June) on my I-140.

Does that mean they have approved my I-140. I'm sure about one thing they must have got my duplicate labor copy from the department labor.

In addition to all this pain, I was given the last date to my present project by next week(budget cut....). No EAD (renewal....) , whole life is a mess even after 9+ yrs of working in US.
If everything is right can I expect any approval on my case.

Here are my details.

Labor PD : April 2001 (EB2 - Sub)
140 filed on Feb4th '04
485 on May 24th '04
filed 3rd EAD on April 18th '06
Wife 485 filed on Nov '04

Please all the gurus with all your experience and knowledge please shed some light.

Thanks in advance for all your info and thoughts/suggestions.

Gopal

YRGOPAL said:
Hello Eric and all gurus

It has been 3 months since I got the reply from you. I've filed the MTR in March and got that opened on March 23rd exactly after a week of filing my MTR(both A & B).
I assume your 140 was reopened. What about 485, was that reopened also? If not did the message or LUD change on 485 at the time of reopening of 140?
IN April I've filed for the renewal of my 2nd EAD(applied for 3rd EAD), still waiting for the approval (which needs to come before June 16th). But no positive sign so far.

When I checked up with INS on May22nd I was told that my case is under review and even if I get the approval I was told that I may not see the message getting updated on the internet and was asked to check with my attorney. I have seen 2 LUDs (one on 6th June and one on 7th June) on my I-140.
Does that mean they have approved my I-140. I'm sure about one thing they must have got my duplicate labor copy from the department labor.
For sure they are working on your case but this may be approval, may not be. What about LUDs on 485 on 6th and 7th? Ask your lawyer/employer to call USCIS service center and find out if 140 is approved or not.
In addition to all this pain, I was given the last date to my present project by next week(budget cut....). No EAD (renewal....) , whole life is a mess even after 9+ yrs of working in US.
I can feel what you could be going thru right now. Seems like you are with a consulting company as you mentioned 'present project' not 'job'. This is one good thing about consulting that you don't loose your job if you loose your project. Market is good and you will be able to find a project pretty soon, so cheer-up on that.

For EAD, if you don't get the approval in time, you may have to stop working untill your EAD app is 90 days old, then you can go to your USCIS offie and try to get an I-EAD. They may or may not issue I-EAD, but that will give you some idea where your case is going.
If everything is right can I expect any approval on my case.

Here are my details.

Labor PD : April 2001 (EB2 - Sub)
140 filed on Feb4th '04
485 on May 24th '04
filed 3rd EAD on April 18th '06
Wife 485 filed on Nov '04

Please all the gurus with all your experience and knowledge please shed some light.

Thanks in advance for all your info and thoughts/suggestions.

Gopal
If there is no Labor fraud, like LC used for multiple GCs etc., then you should get approved. Now a days, USCIS wants to make sure everything before they approve Sub-LC cases and in your case the original LC was missing, so this further complicates the case. This may be the reason they are taking so much time to approve your case.
Best of luck!

Thanks a lot for the quick reply Eric !

In fact after opening the MTR they have not updated the matter in the MTR, instead they have updated the matter in I-140 " On March 23, 2006, this case was reopened on a USCIS motion, and the case is now in process". There are no LUDs on my 485 so far.

My present EAD is expiring this weekend and it has been only 65 days since I've filed my EAD for renewal in April 2nd week. Right now I'm taking the pay stub from my employer instead I'm taking the handpay from my employer and I was told to continue by my attorney until I get the next EAD and I'm going to do the same.

This morning I've checked up with INS for the "case review status" on my MTR, now they are saying I need to wait 3 more months to check back with them.(total 6 months...). Now I'm in a real confused state whether they have approved my I-140 or not. If they had by this time, I'm sure my attorney would have informed me, but it looks like it is not. It looks like I've to continue for this hand pay may be for another 3 months or until I get my next EAD approval.

Even after 2 and half years still asking me to wait for more than 3 months for the I-140 for a sub labor or 2001 March and that too EB2.

Thanks again for all your valuable suggestions,I will wait for one more month and give a try for my I-EAD.

Thanks
Gopal

How to raise an enquiry status?

Can someone let me know how one can raise a status enquiry on a pending 485 application with vermont uscis? thanks!

rajnag said:
Aftef 5 years of waiting, today my 485 got approved(My wife's too). Best of luck all. I raised status enquiry on May 3rd 2006.

rmadhukar said:
Can someone let me know how one can raise a status enquiry on a pending 485 application with vermont uscis? thanks!

Here are the easy steps to call USCIS
1-800-375-5283
# 1
# 2
# 6
# 1
Enter the Receipt Number: EAC XX-XXX-XXXX
# 1
# 3
# 1

At the end you will reach a person and ask her/him about the status query, they will do the needful. You will get a letter in mail in a month or so on what is happening on the app'n.
Worst part is if it says security check is being done, then we just have to wait until someone in FBI showers some blessing on us and processes it faster. Still waiting here for past year or so.

ashhegde said:
1-800-375-5283
# 1
# 2
# 6
# 1
# 1
# 3
# 1

I would just comment on this saying that you are not guaranteed to get any response from them. I dialed this number above, and followed the same menu sequence and made a referral on May 4th. I did not hear from them for a month, so I called back, they told me a letter was sent to me on May 28 (which by the way was a Sunday on the Memorial weekend). So far I have not received any letter. I don't want to discourage you, I just think that if they a free to lose original documentation, let alone entire applications, they can afford to ignore you or feed you with lies. And by the way, I am not sure if this number actually takes you directly to VSC. I think it's just a general Customer Service place somewhere. Can somebody confirm that?

Thanks for the info..

Thanks for the info ashhegde!! Appreciate it much..

My filing dates are close to yours..Hopefully our cases will be approved soon..

Btw, my online case status doesn't say anything about my case pending the FBI name check at all..Last update was that the fingerprinting results were recieved. For cases pending the FBI check, is there usually an update to the case online or do we just have to assume that its stuck at the FBI when there are no updates on the case for a long time? Curious because I am hoping to see an approval soon and not an update that my case has been sent to the FBI now..

Thanks!

ashhegde said:
1-800-375-5283
# 1
# 2
# 6
# 1
# 1
# 3
# 1

At the end you will reach a person and ask her/him about the status query, they will do the needful. You will get a letter in mail in a month or so on what is happening on the app'n.
Worst part is if it says security check is being done, then we just have to wait until someone in FBI showers some blessing on us and processes it faster. Still waiting here for past year or so.

After finger print update, I dont think there will be any more updates until they recieve the security check back from FBI. So the next I see an update I hope it would mean we are another step closer.

May be not too who knows what USCIS does at VSC. Hoepfully we will get there some day this year.

rmadhukar said:
Thanks for the info ashhegde!! Appreciate it much..

My filing dates are close to yours..Hopefully our cases will be approved soon..

Btw, my online case status doesn't say anything about my case pending the FBI name check at all..Last update was that the fingerprinting results were recieved. For cases pending the FBI check, is there usually an update to the case online or do we just have to assume that its stuck at the FBI when there are no updates on the case for a long time? Curious because I am hoping to see an approval soon and not an update that my case has been sent to the FBI now..

Thanks!

Pls Help

Guys,
I really need some guidance from you. Here is my story. I came to US using H1B. Its my sixth year now and it is expiring in August.
I got married in March 2004. I applied for I-140, 485 and Advance parole (for myself and my wife) after Labor approval in May 2004 under Eb3 catrgory (Vermont Service Center). I-140 and Advance Parole (both) got approved in Feb 2005 (Finger Printing done). My I-485 application is still pending.
My wife started working using EAD and her EAD is set to expire July 1st week. We have already applied for renewal (but no luck yet).....This is my first problem.....
Well here is my second problem.........things aren't going too well with my employer and i am so frustrated i really want to quit now (resigning on Monday).
What should i do now? AC-21 portability (i really dont have a clue about this). Should i do AC-21 portability before i resign? or are there any other options available? Please guys help me..........

stay on H1

Why do not you try to use H1 transfer based on pending i-485..

bostondude27 said:
Guys,
I really need some guidance from you. Here is my story. I came to US using H1B. Its my sixth year now and it is expiring in August.
I got married in March 2004. I applied for I-140, 485 and Advance parole (for myself and my wife) after Labor approval in May 2004 under Eb3 catrgory (Vermont Service Center). I-140 and Advance Parole (both) got approved in Feb 2005 (Finger Printing done). My I-485 application is still pending.
My wife started working using EAD and her EAD is set to expire July 1st week. We have already applied for renewal (but no luck yet).....This is my first problem.....
Well here is my second problem.........things aren't going too well with my employer and i am so frustrated i really want to quit now (resigning on Monday).
What should i do now? AC-21 portability (i really dont have a clue about this). Should i do AC-21 portability before i resign? or are there any other options available? Please guys help me..........