2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Applied for my family members 485 yesterday

mailgc2001 said:
5 more hours to go for EB3s (Excl. Sch A) for this fiscal year.

Hi All,
Please look at my profile. I have submitted my family members 485 applications on 06-29-05 which are actually mailed on 06-28-05 by my attorney. Do you think that these applications will be accepted or not! Can you please give some idea. I am in EB3 category.

sarwarmd said:
Hi All,
Please look at my profile. I have submitted my family members 485 applications on 06-29-05 which are actually mailed on 06-28-05 by my attorney. Do you think that these applications will be accepted or not! Can you please give some idea. I am in EB3 category.

I don't think because your PD is not current. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Raj

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks patnams for your valuable info

patnams said:
Just identification documents like Passport, EAD, DL etc and your Appoint Conformation Number.

When I efiled I thought I could save a trip to photo center for Advance Parole and EAD. But for Advance Parole, photographs need to be sent separately. Its been quiet some time now, havent heard anything on my AP.

zamq said:
thanks patnams for your valuable info

0 hrs left :).. no more approvals for eb3 till oct..But beleive me guys..the three months time will pass in a fly.. Lets hope for the best atleast after 3 months.

Gcprocess2005 said:
0 hrs left :).. no more approvals for eb3 till oct..But beleive me guys..the three months time will pass in a fly.. Lets hope for the best atleast after 3 months.

what about tomorrow?

Change of address

Wanted to know what is the right procedure to get change of address. I believe I have to send AR-11 to where it says

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Change of Address
P.O. Box 7134
London, KY 40742-7134

I have seen some post people calling Customer Service 1-800 number. Do I have to do it, if so, which number (and options please)

Thanks
Anil

Address Change...

Yes, apart from sending AR-11 within 10 days of the move you should call NSC and change your address for all your filed and pending petitions. Keep your petition numbers handy.
Thanks.

anil34 said:
Wanted to know what is the right procedure to get change of address. I believe I have to send AR-11 to where it says

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Change of Address
P.O. Box 7134
London, KY 40742-7134

I have seen some post people calling Customer Service 1-800 number. Do I have to do it, if so, which number (and options please)

Thanks
Anil

I have scanned all the cases filed on ND June 25 2004, normally the emails are sent out at 7AM, 10AM, 2PM, 9PM or around 12AM. But for the I-485 cases filed on June 25, 2004. There are no emails since yesterday, i guess Eb3 filers will have to wait till 1st Oct to know the outcome of how retrogession will affect us.

mailgc2001 said:
Now its on Systems which send approved mails. Tomorrow July 1 which is bad beginning day for EB3s.

Change of address

Hi, can any one tell the 1-800 number and options to call for change of address (I-485 pending)

Thanks
Anil

anil34 said:
Hi, can any one tell the 1-800 number and options to call for change of address (I-485 pending)

Thanks
Anil

Couple of months back I sent letters addressed to VSC for me, my wife and my kid (separate letters for each one of us) requesting them to change our address. I have attached I-485 receipt copies and copy of AR-11. In fact I mailed all these documents and also AR-11 original applications addressed to DHS on the same day. In a week time our LUDs changed and received receipt from VSC. After couple of weeks received confirmation letters from VSC for all of us notifying us of change in address. I did not call 1-800 number.

Darn! I had a LUD on 06/30, what a teaser!

was really hoping it was some good news, now gotta wait till at least Oct.
:( Good luck folks...

same 800 NSC #, call that # follow the instructions, it has an option to change address on pending applications, a customer service rep will come online, give your details & ur done.

anil34 said:

Thanks
Anil

Security Checks Info from Ombudsman 2005 report

Background and Security Checks
The purpose of having security checks of applicants for immigration benefits is to: 1) identify security and public safety risks and deny benefits to those who are not qualified, and 2) notify appropriate law enforcement and intelligence agencies about persons of potential interest.
Although the majority of these checks are resolved within hours or days of initiation, a small percentage that do not clear on a timely basis represent a substantial and problematic workload. In some cases, applications may be approved despite initial security check “hits”27 – either because they pertain to a different individual with a similar name or because the underlying information is not disqualifying. While most security check hits prove to be harmless, it is important to identify quickly those relatively few cases of genuine law enforcement or national security interest. However, resolving hits is a time-consuming process not completely controlled by USCIS. To date, the responsible agencies have allocated insufficient resources to resolve the hits. The Ombudsman’s office is continuing research into how this crucial process can be both streamlined and improved.
There are a variety of security checks, each performed according to specific sets of rules. USCIS receives security check results in varying forms. Moreover, the results are valid for varying periods, and require different USCIS actions. The variety of checks and the rules concerning validity and use of the results create a confusing set of sub-processes within the immigration benefits process.
USCIS faces a challenge in accommodating the various security checks within a cumbersome adjudications process. All checks must be complete and current before an officer can make a decision on an application. Due to the varying validity periods and initiation processes, it is not unusual for the results of one check to expire while waiting for results on another check. Compounding this problem is the fact that the information provided to USCIS as a result of the checks is often stale, leaving USCIS with the job of resolving a hit that is no longer relevant. Additionally, various agencies within DHS and other federal departments have different requirements and criteria for similar security checks. It is necessary to standardize security check requirements throughout DHS and the federal government so that USCIS can provide more realistic processing timeframes to customers without compromising law enforcement needs and investigations.
Not only do delays in processing times require additional security checks when they expire, but each additional check adds extra financial burdens to USCIS. As a non-law enforcement agency, USCIS must pay law enforcement agencies to conduct the checks. Currently, applicant fingerprints are archived, yet are not retrievable. Therefore, re-fingerprinting is necessary if the checks expire. Furthermore, USCIS does not have access to a “wrap-around” feature which would enable it to obtain automatic updates on subsequent criminal history for those on whom a query was previously requested.
----------------------------27 “Hit” refers to a positive response to a security check query. It is important to note that a hit does not necessarily relate to the applicant or petitioner. Some checks are based on names, others on fingerprints.

Seems no one won last night lottery (EB3 approval)

Seems no one won last night lottery (EB3 approval). For EB3s Next draw will be on Oct 1.

Card Mailed Message

I got emails last night at around 10pm saying card was mailed on 6/28/05.

I have been to Philadelphia USCIS office to get passport stamping on 06/29/05. Officer there told me that I should go Newark office since I live in New Jersey. She also said I don't have to go for stamping if I receive the card from USCIS.

Change of address

Once again
--

Thanks
Anil

Receieved Card Mailed Emails Today

Hi all,

Update on my GC process....

Yesterday evening we have receieved the card ordered emails.

Today We have receieved card mailed Emails.

Thanks,