2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

hi everybody,
I know I don't belong to this thread but I need your help. Today I noticed a LUD on my 485 application (same message - FP received), and with so many RFE's around I started to get scared. Does anybody have any ideea what this might be? My I140 LUD is the same as months ago. That's why I get scared. I expected LUD in I140 app, and not in 485.
thank you

Gcprocess2005 said:
Senthil,
any guess on my application please?
PD - June 2002
I-485
Service Center Vermont
RD 12/22/2004 ND 12/29/2004
I-140 EB3
RD 12/22/2004 ND 12/29/2004
FP Done - 4/22/2005
First LUD-4/22/2005
FP recd - 5/2/2005
I140 AD - God knows
I485 AD - God knows

Hi Senthil,
Any thoughts/suggestions?

karurama said:
OM SAI RAM!

Thanks Lohith,

BUt I came to know that H1 or H4 can maxium of six years.People tole me that i can't extend H4 . Do know anybody did H4 extension any number of years.

You better ask 'those' people who told you that by quoting law/case :rolleyes: :D

H4 doesnt have base to stand alone on its own. H4s are issuesd by virtue of being dependant of H1s. Period.

Only April 20th ?

Only April 20th or April 20th onwards ?.

assur said:
100% - Right now they are working on APRIL-20th cases, next session will go for MARCH-all cases.
MAY is last to process all cases...

karurama said:
OM SAI RAM!

Hi Eric,

See my details below.

First H1 - Aug 2nd 1998

Six years done Aug 1st 2004

7th year extened based on pending labor. (valid upto Aug 1st) and got lay off in june 2004.But no revoke of 7th year H1

With same labor pending 7th year extended with other company. Valid upto Aug 1st 2005.

My wife details

Came on H4 in Sep 2000

Transfered H1 in Mar 1st 2001
Working with same employer since then and applied Labor dec 2002( receipt date)
Based on her labor approval concurrently applied 140 and 485 ( including me) on Sep 1st 2004 and AP and EAD approved for both of us and also for my daughter.

Her H1 is valid upto Nov 2006 .

Now my H1 is expering on aug 1st , as I came to know that I can't move to H4(any one type is valid only 6 years), I can't move to EAD as our 140 and 485 was denied.I can't extend my H1 any further as I am not a primary applicant.

Now , can you tell me what are all possibilities and how I have to handle the situation.

Do I leave the country if my wife's case is penidng upto Aug 1st.

Thanks,
Karunakar

Hi Karunakar,

This is my analysis of your situation. You have couple of ways to deal with it.
First of all, H1/H4 status can be extended beyond 6 yr limit, but there are some strings attached to it, I will explain.

Plan A: Very optimistic
Your wife applied MTR on her 140 on May 3rd. If everything is good, 140 may be approved by July 15th somewhere. Once 140 is approved and your wife's 485 is reopened, dependent 485s will also open automatically. If not then you already have the link to that thread that discuss how to call USCIS to request to reopen dependent 485 cases.

Once your 485 reopens, your EAD becomes valid and you can keep working beyond Aug 1st 2005. If required, you can also extend your EAD once 485 is reopened.

Plan B: Extend your H1
Normally, you can convert to H4 as a dependent to your wife's H1, and keep extending your H4 as long as she is on H1(also beyond 6 yr limit), but in your case, this is not going to be possible. You are already on 7th year of your H1/H4 status. Now if you convert to H4, you will need 7th year ext for that one also. The law, as per I understand it very clearly states that H4 can be extended beyond 6 year limit only if primary H1 is getting a extension beyond 6 year limit. That is not the case with you. Your wife is still in her 6 year H (H1 and H4) limit, so she cannot apply for 7th yr ext, so you cannot apply for your 7th year H4.

That said, you can still try for it and may get H4 transfer thru, but not sure. Talk to a good attorney about it.

Now back to your own H1. You are already in 7th yr ext based on LC filed by some other company. You also have the LC receipt with you as I understand. Maybe that LC is still pending. Maybe it is used for some one else, you do not know, right? So it is worth taking a chance. Yes, you can still extend it even if you are not a primary applicat on your 485. Really it has nothing to do with your pending/denied 485. I suggest that you submit a 8th year ext around July 20th based on that pending LC. It will atleast take them couple of months to get to your case. Meanwhile you can keep working based on H1 ext. filed. I do not know exact number of days, but you can work for X number of days based on H1 filed ext. This will give you more time to wait for your 485 to reopen. If H1 ext gets thru, use it. If not, atleast you kept working while it was pending. BTW, if it gets denied, you can appeal H1 8th year ext denial (and get more time). If 485 reopens by that time, use EAD.

Plan C: Nothing else works, file new 140 and 485s
If nothing else works, or lets say your MTR/appeal goes to AAO, you can file new 140 and 485s and EAD/AP. The only requirement is that the new application should not be a fraud, i.e. should not seem like you filed just to get new EAD etc. SO you have to file it with new evidence. That can be like edu eval from 2 or 3 different agencies or may be you file new transcripts from your (wife's) college/school showing the subjects etc to equate to BS in comp science or whatever else to make it different from previous 140 filing. Now they may put these applications on hold and not issue you EAD immedeately and you may not also be able to get iEAD, but this will atleast preserver your status untill they take some action on your new 485.

This is the best I can think right now. I will suggest you post your question and may be these replies also in the 'H1 6 yr expiring' subforum and you will get answers from a much wider userbase.

Let us know if you have any more questions.
Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
FP Done

Hi all,

It has been a week since I completed the FP. There is no LUD yet on the application. Is this of any concern? Should I call FBI to check the status? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

congratulation for all folks who got their approvals. seems like my medical got cleared and the uscis already cashed my $1000 penalty fee for adjustment of status under i 245, so theoritically my i140 and i485 have already been approved although dont seen any approval on the comp screen yet, RIGJHT NOW WAITING FOR THE CARD.
EB3 i140 i 485 concurrent RD NOV 22 2004,ND NOV 30 2004 VCS
I140 LUD 12/1/04
I485 LUD 12/14/04
I485 LUD 16/3/05 FP RECEIVED
1485 LUD 5/5/05 MEDCAL EXAM RECEIVED
I485 LUD 5/10/05 NO MSS BUT 1000 CHECK HAS BEEN CASHED BY USCIS :) :) :) THANKS EVERYBODY AND THANKS VSC

fromcn said:
I also observed one LUD (5/12) and a little worried about. Hopefully this is not RFE.

Hi fromcn,

we did FP the same day in BOS and my LUD pattern looks similar to yours (except "FP received update" only for wife). See my signature.
So I guess more a common pattern and not much need to worry about RFE, unless we get it both :D ....

Last edited by a moderator:
andhika lauw said:
congratulation for all folks who got their approvals. seems like my medical got cleared and the uscis already cashed my $1000 penalty fee for adjustment of status under i 245, so theoritically my i140 and i485 have already been approved although dont seen any approval on the comp screen yet, RIGJHT NOW WAITING FOR THE CARD.
EB3 i140 i 485 concurrent RD NOV 22 2004,ND NOV 30 2004 VCS
I140 LUD 12/1/04
I485 LUD 12/14/04
I485 LUD 16/3/05 FP RECEIVED
1485 LUD 5/5/05 MEDCAL EXAM RECEIVED
I485 LUD 5/10/05 NO MSS BUT 1000 CHECK HAS BEEN CASHED BY USCIS :) :) :) THANKS EVERYBODY AND THANKS VSC

Can you please shed some light on why did you have to pay $1000 for i245.

Were you out of status any time? Did they issue an RFE?

crossedfingers said:
Hi all,

It has been a week since I completed the FP. There is no LUD yet on the application. Is this of any concern? Should I call FBI to check the status? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

No wait for a couple of weeks more, they are having problems with the online updates

Please predict my case.

Gurus,
Can any one guess when can i expect my case to be approved. I waited so long and now for last month or so i am checking my inbox 20 to 30 times a day expecting a mail from USCIS.
Here are my case details.
PD:Eb3-India-DEc26,2001
Labor Approved: June 2004
140/485/EAD : ND :10/15/2004, AD for EAD is 11/2
RFE for 140 : DEC 23
140 Approved: Apr 2,2005
FP: March,25, 2005 in Newark
FP recieved: April 11th,2005
Address change LUD: APR 22,2005
No more LUDs from then .......

Any guesses and theorys are really appretiated.

Thanks

Thanks Eric and Lohith

EricS said:
Hi Karunakar,

This is my analysis of your situation. You have couple of ways to deal with it.
First of all, H1/H4 status can be extended beyond 6 yr limit, but there are some strings attached to it, I will explain.

Plan A: Very optimistic
Your wife applied MTR on her 140 on May 3rd. If everything is good, 140 may be approved by July 15th somewhere. Once 140 is approved and your wife's 485 is reopened, dependent 485s will also open automatically. If not then you already have the link to that thread that discuss how to call USCIS to request to reopen dependent 485 cases.

Once your 485 reopens, your EAD becomes valid and you can keep working beyond Aug 1st 2005. If required, you can also extend your EAD once 485 is reopened.

Plan B: Extend your H1
Normally, you can convert to H4 as a dependent to your wife's H1, and keep extending your H4 as long as she is on H1(also beyond 6 yr limit), but in your case, this is not going to be possible. You are already on 7th year of your H1/H4 status. Now if you convert to H4, you will need 7th year ext for that one also. The law, as per I understand it very clearly states that H4 can be extended beyond 6 year limit only if primary H1 is getting a extension beyond 6 year limit. That is not the case with you. Your wife is still in her 6 year H (H1 and H4) limit, so she cannot apply for 7th yr ext, so you cannot apply for your 7th year H4.

That said, you can still try for it and may get H4 transfer thru, but not sure. Talk to a good attorney about it.

Now back to your own H1. You are already in 7th yr ext based on LC filed by some other company. You also have the LC receipt with you as I understand. Maybe that LC is still pending. Maybe it is used for some one else, you do not know, right? So it is worth taking a chance. Yes, you can still extend it even if you are not a primary applicat on your 485. Really it has nothing to do with your pending/denied 485. I suggest that you submit a 8th year ext around July 20th based on that pending LC. It will atleast take them couple of months to get to your case. Meanwhile you can keep working based on H1 ext. filed. I do not know exact number of days, but you can work for X number of days based on H1 filed ext. This will give you more time to wait for your 485 to reopen. If H1 ext gets thru, use it. If not, atleast you kept working while it was pending. BTW, if it gets denied, you can appeal H1 8th year ext denial (and get more time). If 485 reopens by that time, use EAD.

Plan C: Nothing else works, file new 140 and 485s
If nothing else works, or lets say your MTR/appeal goes to AAO, you can file new 140 and 485s and EAD/AP. The only requirement is that the new application should not be a fraud, i.e. should not seem like you filed just to get new EAD etc. SO you have to file it with new evidence. That can be like edu eval from 2 or 3 different agencies or may be you file new transcripts from your (wife's) college/school showing the subjects etc to equate to BS in comp science or whatever else to make it different from previous 140 filing. Now they may put these applications on hold and not issue you EAD immedeately and you may not also be able to get iEAD, but this will atleast preserver your status untill they take some action on your new 485.

This is the best I can think right now. I will suggest you post your question and may be these replies also in the 'H1 6 yr expiring' subforum and you will get answers from a much wider userbase.

Let us know if you have any more questions.
Best of luck!

OM SAI RAM

Thanks for your time.

Today I spoke to VSC rep. and clearly told my situation.The lady who lifted phone is very understanding and she has seen the whole history.In my denial they said application denied on Nov 10 th and April 4th.I asked her, is there any communication gap that we did not received anything in Nov. time frame.She has seen the history and said that is computer mistake of Nov date.It is denied only in April.

And also she said that I can't extend my H1 further based on my pending I485 (denied now)

But she said that I am eligible to move to H4 based on my spouse H1.And also she said it will take 15 to 60 days to process.She asked me to wait until Jun 10th and then apply H4.
And also she said as per last week memo all dependents I-485 also will open once 140 get approved.This information she said by asking 1 mint to wait and verified the memo and informed me.

I am thinking of waiting until this month end to do anything.

Thanks
Karunakar

youry said:
hi everybody,
I know I don't belong to this thread but I need your help. Today I noticed a LUD on my 485 application (same message - FP received), and with so many RFE's around I started to get scared. Does anybody have any ideea what this might be? My I140 LUD is the same as months ago. That's why I get scared. I expected LUD in I140 app, and not in 485.
thank you

Youry,

this is normal as name check or Inter Border reprots being updated or being moved to adjusticator selfs . normal pattern expect one more LUD on 5/13 . If Passed and If 5/19 Passed with our RFE . you are approved in 4 to 6 weeks

senthil

Gurus,

another theory, is it possible that there are NO MORE VISA NUMBERS for EB3 this quarter...

2001_labor, I see no reason why yours shouldnt have been approved except for the above reason!

Need Tips

Hi Friends,
I got my FP rescheduled(originally on 03/26/05) notice and it is going to be on 05/14/05 at Newark.It is for Code 3. They asked to bring the appointment letter and a photo ID. Please advice is it necessary to carry any other documents other than those two. Also it will be very helpful to get some tips from the person who did FP at Newark.

Thanks in advance.

oajnabi