2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

kkprasadh said:
sree234,

my case is similar to yours, did u made any status inquiry ?
kkprasadh,
I did Status Enquiry a couple of times, Nothing Happened
Waiting to See Approvals
thnaks

mygc2005 said:
Gcprocess2005,
What is the number and options that you had contacted USCIS?
Thanks,

the 1 800 number
option 2
option 5
and then select the option to talk to the rep.

Guys,
Can my lawyer make an inquiry right away? Please let me know
Thanks,

Gcprocess2005 said:
PD - I guess it is may 2002
I-485
Service Center Vermont
EE/ER Notified January 04, 2005
Govt Receipt Date December 22, 2004
Govt Notice Date December 29, 2004
I-140 EB3
EE/ER Notified January 04, 2005
Govt Receipt Date December 22, 2004
Govt Notice Date December 29, 2004
FP Done - 4/22/2005
First LUD-4/22/2005
I140 AD - God knows
I485 AD - God knows

Dude, where did you find stuff like EE/ER Notified, Govt Receipt Date, Govt Notice Date etc? Why can't you use simple terms like everyone else.

Yes. Your lawyer or employer can make the status inquiry. But they need to have patience to get through the call. My 140 got approved the same day my employer did the status check.

Good luck!

Gcprocess2005 said:
the 1 800 number
option 2
option 5
and then select the option to talk to the rep.

Guys,
Can my lawyer make an inquiry right away? Please let me know
Thanks,

afrqn said:
Congrats on the Approval. I have dates very similar to templabor, PD of Nov 2001, 485 ND of 5/24/04. I had my FP done on 03/04/05 and results received on 03/11/05. I have not heard anything yet. And I am getting a little worried as I am just about over 6 weeks after FP and no work yet.

Any ideas on what could be happening to my case, i.e. Name Check? However, if FP results are received, I am assuming that means Name Check was completed successfully, right?

Afrqn

Labour PD: Nov 2001
140 AP: April 2004

NO EAD - Currently on H1.

AP ND 12/10/04 (applied for AP because never recieved paper notice of H1 approval to enable travel)
RFE for pictures: 2/16/05
RFE pictures recieved: 3/23/06
AP Approval: 4/19/05 after several LUD’s

485 processing
Category: EB3
RD: 5/20/04
ND: 5/24/04
LUD: 2/2/05
FP Notice: 2/16/05
FP schedule and completed: 3/4/05
LUD: 3/11/05 FP results received and processing has resumed.
LUD: 3/28 - (Probably from address change)
LUD: 3/29 same message
AD: ??????

afrqn,

I have close to your FP dates... as you notice from my signature my name check was still pending with FBI as of 03/28... I have no updates for last 6 weeks... NOT AT ALL :(

so, you are lucky you have your case moving...

I am preparing to file EAD/AP renewals... it looks like USCIS wants some donations in form of EAD/AP fees...

GL.

FP LUDs - to vinodtv

we did our FP in Alexandria on 4/20. There was one update that evening itself around 7-ish and the next one was bright-n-early 4/21 morning.. So 2 updates thus far with no status change yet.

vinodtv said:
DesiInDC,

How many LUDs you have since FP?

Here is my latest status...
Good luck to all..

EB3 PD 12/14/2001.
i485 rd- 4/17/2004
FP DONE : 3/31/2005
LUD 1 3/31/05
LUD 4/11/05 - FP RECEIVED.
LUD 4/21 - CARD ORDERED.
4/22 - Card mailed
4/26 - Card received.

DesiInDC said:
Hearty Congrats, templabor! Very heartening to see a fellow-20May04 get the all-clear sign! We completed our FPs in Alexandria on April 20th, so looks like approval follows FP by about 4-6 weeks these days if everything else is completed.. My fingers are crossed! Congrats again..
DesiInDc
Thanks... another couple of weeks and you should be through..

afrqn said:
Congrats on the Approval. I have dates very similar to templabor, PD of Nov 2001, 485 ND of 5/24/04. I had my FP done on 03/04/05 and results received on 03/11/05. I have not heard anything yet. And I am getting a little worried as I am just about over 6 weeks after FP and no work yet.

Any ideas on what could be happening to my case, i.e. Name Check? However, if FP results are received, I am assuming that means Name Check was completed successfully, right?

Afrqn

Labour PD: Nov 2001
140 AP: April 2004

NO EAD - Currently on H1.

AP ND 12/10/04 (applied for AP because never recieved paper notice of H1 approval to enable travel)
RFE for pictures: 2/16/05
RFE pictures recieved: 3/23/06
AP Approval: 4/19/05 after several LUD’s

485 processing
Category: EB3
RD: 5/20/04
ND: 5/24/04
LUD: 2/2/05
FP Notice: 2/16/05
FP schedule and completed: 3/4/05
LUD: 3/11/05 FP results received and processing has resumed.
LUD: 3/28 - (Probably from address change)
LUD: 3/29 same message
AD: ??????
Thanks...
You should be next in line....

tiredofw8ing said:
VinodTV:

Do not worry.. I did my FP in Alexandria on April12. I had one LUD on the 13th then another one on the 20th (the message changed to to FP received, blah blah ...)

So, since your first LUD was on the 20th, you should get another one tomorrow or max by the end of the week... Do not worry :)
Thank You

How do you know your case is in name check by FBI? what's the indicator from INS messages?

GCG said:
afrqn,

I have close to your FP dates... as you notice from my signature my name check was still pending with FBI as of 03/28... I have no updates for last 6 weeks... NOT AT ALL :(

so, you are lucky you have your case moving...

I am preparing to file EAD/AP renewals... it looks like USCIS wants some donations in form of EAD/AP fees...

GL.

I am a current victim of FBI background check. My file is with for 18+ months for Name Check as I have Muslim name. I had a decent job and was living happily in the States. But, Because of this name check bureaucracy, I have lost my job, insurance, house,...... everything.

I am a ideal example how an innocent person can be victimized by the USCIS bureaucracy.

I last few months, I have contacted my local 2 Congressmen, 2 Senators office. All they are saying that they do not have any control over FBI's process.

bearshub said:
How do you know your case is in name check by FBI? what's the indicator from INS messages?

there is no way to find that from INS messages... there is only 3 ways to find out:

1) you may _assume_ that it's been cleared if you see an LUD _after_ you did FP and got your case to "FP received and case resumed..."

for example...

FP DATE, LUD1, LUD2, LUD3 (FP received and case resumed), LUD4(could be Name Check completed), LUD5(case approved)

2) you may contact USCIS and they _may_ tell you your case status (they specifically mention if case delayed due to security/name checks)...

3) you may contact FBI and find out your name check status (could take 4-12 months to get a response)...

in my case I found that USCIS initiated my name check _after_ my FP2, just about 2 months back... it could take around 3 months for my country to get the name check results.... I sent a few emails/fax/letter to the FBI, waiting to get a response...

based on what I said, I am expecting some movement on my case in the next 1-4 weeks...

Good Luck!

My I-485 has been approved but my wife's I-485 denied.

Can someone guide me on this issue (not sure whether this is usual or not)

My daughter's I-485 and mine was approved in November 2004 (we got our cards also). But, my wife's didn't approve.

Yesterday INS denied my wife's EAD application saying that her I-485 has been denied.

Here is my case details:
We applied our I-140 and I-485 in Feb 2003 (VSC)
I-140 and I-485's have been denied in Sep 2004 under ability to pay clause.

Filed MTR/Appeal (290-B) in Sep 2004 (Thanks a lot to immigration portal community, as they provided lot of support and guidance, specially to UN)

Accepted Appeal and re-opened I-140 on 3rd Nov, 2004.

On 4th Nov, 2004, they approved mine and my daughter's I-485.

There is no update-on my wife's case. She went to Fingerprints before denial only.

In Dec 2004, our attoney sent a letter to INS metioning all the facts and requested for her I-485 approval (No reply on that)

In Dec 2004, we applied her EAD extension.

In March 2005, she went to local INS office and got her temporary EAD.

In March also, our attoney sent another letter to INS requesting about her case.

Yesterday we got her EAD denial saying that her I-485 has been denied.

What would be best approach?
Should I go through any eminant attroney like Murty or Rajiv?
Some one saying that senator would help. Any suggestion on this.

Any suggestion/guidance would be appreciated.

With regards.

Name Check

Whe I went to get FP, form asked for name. The lady ready my name and entered my middle name as in the Alias Section on the back of the form.

My middle name is very common, but the combo of first name and last name is not.

I am wondering if delay is because of this?

Tracker Update

Tracker Updated with info of Bronxboy, july2004filer, kepa, Desiindc and Kishuibm.

Kishuibm,

You did not updated the info of others before you when you updated your info. That is the normal practise of maintaining the Tracker.
Otherwise myself and Jpanchal will update it frequently.

I have updated the tracker now.

Thanks, GCG.

I did have a LUD the second day after the email of "FP received and case resumed..." I guess it might be a good sign. But i am retrogressed way back so i don't want to think of it too much and just keep waiting.

i have a friend who has the long name check as you do. she sent two faxes to FBI, but didn't get response back in weeks. I guess calling them may be your good call.

Anyway, good luck. think about the day when you look back -- this delay will be nothing in your life.

GCG said:
there is no way to find that from INS messages... there is only 3 ways to find out:

1) you may _assume_ that it's been cleared if you see an LUD _after_ you did FP and got your case to "FP received and case resumed..."

for example...

Good Luck!

mb1 said:
I am a current victim of FBI background check. My file is with for 18+ months for Name Check as I have Muslim name. I had a decent job and was living happily in the States. But, Because of this name check bureaucracy, I have lost my job, insurance, house,...... everything.

I am a ideal example how an innocent person can be victimized by the USCIS bureaucracy.

I last few months, I have contacted my local 2 Congressmen, 2 Senators office. All they are saying that they do not have any control over FBI's process.

In which stage are you now? is it 18 months waiting for I-485 approval ?

Thanks Ravikanth_b for your reply. I shall see whether my company can make an inquiry today.
MA_labor I shall listen to you. I shall remove those EE/ER stuff. I have no clue what they mean. I just pasted the stuff what my employer gave me :)

Kepa: Congratulations....when you read this forum next, can you give us the Priority date of your application and country of Retorgression applicability! Whoever reads this info (jpanchal or someone else) can you please update his info in the tracker

KEPA said:
Friends,

I am not an active memeber now a days but I read this forum very often.

Please update my info in Excel sheet:

I-485 ND: 07/21/2004
FP: 04/07/2005
AD: 04/20/2005
LUD Changed after approval
1. 04/22/2005: case approved on 04/20/2005 and appoval
notice has been sent.
2. 04/25/2005: On April 22, 2005, the card order was
completed and we mailed the applicant's new
card directly to him or her.

I got my plastic card (GC) today.

Good luck to all.