2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Aniraj

Hi all,
I filed my 140/485 concurrent in May 26 2004 in EB2. I completed 6 years by december 2004. Now my wife is working on EAD and i applied 7 th year extension. In this case do i still get H1 and H4 for 7 th year or i only get H1 now ( anyway i applied for both h1 & h4). Which one is going to be valid once our H1 approves.
What happens if my 140 or 485 get a problem for my wife who is using EAD , i am not using EAD.
Can anyone suggest me here if worst situation happens to me.

Thanks!

hello usagc

Hello usagc,
Can you advise me on my case.

RFE was issued on Nov8th. Till today, I had recd it. lawyer and myself made a query on dec3rd regarding non receipt. they said wait for 30 more days.
During my conversation, they asked me whether any other applns are pending.
I told them, I had filed for concurrent with details.

Any suggestions
thanks

aniraj said:
Hi all,
I filed my 140/485 concurrent in May 26 2004 in EB2. I completed 6 years by december 2004. Now my wife is working on EAD and i applied 7 th year extension. In this case do i still get H1 and H4 for 7 th year or i only get H1 now ( anyway i applied for both h1 & h4). Which one is going to be valid once our H1 approves.
What happens if my 140 or 485 get a problem for my wife who is using EAD , i am not using EAD.
Can anyone suggest me here if worst situation happens to me.

Thanks!

(First of all, this is wrong forum to ask this question)

H4 is not valid anymore. Once you use EAD, H4 status becomes void and status will be "Adjustment of Status", which is an intermediate state but perfectly legal. The H4 extension should be denied. Even if it is approved, it will be a mistake and your lawyer should correct it promptly with USCIS. If your 485 gets rejected for any reason, the person on EAD/AOS status will immediately start accruing illegal time.

Thank everyone in the forum

I want to thank everyone in the forum for their valuable comments / theories. Though I have not been an active member in the forums, but I always used to read it whenever I needed information / peace of mind.
I just received my I-140/I-485 approval. Here are my details.

EB3 labor substitution. (labor PD- 02/00)
I-140/I-485 RD - 3/26/04
FP - 12/4/04
I-140/I-485 AD - 12/10/04 (My online still shows received fingerprint.. but I have received the approvals in the mail.)

Thanks again to everyone for the keeping this forum a very valuable source of information.

I-140 approved

Response to RFE sent on 11/22.
first LUD change on 11/29 followed by 12/1.
I-140 approved: 12/20.

I got 2 emails a few minutes back. Thanks a lot to zbcx123, UN, and a host of others...I know its not the end of the road yet, but a significant one for me!

Congrats jolpot !!!!
jolpot said:
Response to RFE sent on 11/22.
first LUD change on 11/29 followed by 12/1.
I-140 approved: 12/20.

I got 2 emails a few minutes back. Thanks a lot to zbcx123, UN, and a host of others...I know its not the end of the road yet, but a significant one for me!

bmw140 said:
hello usagc2,
I missed the word NOT in my earlier post. I have NOT RECEIVED the RFE till today.
bmw140,
This is a typical helpless situation we get into some times with USCIS. typically they mention 14 days as the waiting period for any mails sent out. It is interesting that they asked you to wait for 30 more days after having waited for almost a month already.

I would suggest call them up again and talk to them. If you happen to get a different person this time it may work out differently.

Good luck

GC_04 said:
[/COLOR]Thanks a lot USAGC, That helps a lot. I haven't checked yet with the lawyer whether he received the approval notice or not!. Is there a way to get the approval notice early and file for my 140 & 485 before this month end. I rearlly want to file and be with the concurrent filing crowd for AC21. Otherwise need to wait for endless time (atleast 2 years) for visa status to become current.

Thanks
GC
GC_04,
My suggestion is to get all the documents ready and sent it to the attorney. whenever attorney gets the approval, they can file your I140/485 immediately without wasting any time.

Unfortunately there is no way to expedite the receival of the approval notice. Maybe the attorney can use the letter received by your employer as a reference for filing your I140/485 without the approval notice. Try talking to your attorney about this option.

Hello ,
I had received an RFE on my 140
- Tax records for 2001
- Reference letters from previous employers
- Degree certificates and Transcripts.

Got emails yesterday from USCIS , saying that they have received our response to their RFE on Dec 20th.

Hopefully should be getting the 140 approval soon.

Also,
I have not been active on the Forum for the last couple of months.
What is this EB3 Retrogation??
Any ideas if it affects cases like mine which are already in the pipeline?

Mine is a Concurrent 140/485
RD = 08/16/2004

I140/485 filed together

Hi friends,
we have filed our 140/485 under EB3 in VSC.
Receipt date:12/21/04
Labor cleared in nov 2004.Applied in apr 2002(NJ).
can anyone update this info.

2002labor.

Nkelkar said:
Hello ,
I had received an RFE on my 140
- Tax records for 2001
- Reference letters from previous employers
- Degree certificates and Transcripts.

Got emails yesterday from USCIS , saying that they have received our response to their RFE on Dec 20th.

Hopefully should be getting the 140 approval soon.

Also,
I have not been active on the Forum for the last couple of months.
What is this EB3 Retrogation??
Any ideas if it affects cases like mine which are already in the pipeline?

Mine is a Concurrent 140/485
RD = 08/16/2004
Nkelkar,

I am waiting for my RFE too.My lawyer has not received it yet. Didnt you submit your Reference letters from previous employers and Degree certificates and Transcripts when you applied your I140?? or did they request for it again..Was just curious to know..

Tracking I140/I485

Hello Guru's,

In a day or so, my I140/I485 is going to reach Vermont USCIS center. Can any one of you tell me whats the process of tracking the status, like how do I get USCIS emails? Do I get some receipt number from USCIS?

Please explain me as how do I track my status.

a_ven
LC: EB2/RIR/AD:12/03/2004

no RD yet

Hi 2002 labor,

When did u post to the service centre?coz i haven't received my RD yet,which i posted last week.

Minicooper

Hello Folks,

Can you all tell me how many days normally it will take for the receipt number to be available for my case?

a_ven