2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

need_green_card said:
This is strange, today I received a letter from UCIS that my and my wife's 485 is denied because a visa number was not available, now I am really worried, I am going to talk to my lawyer soon. will keep you posted.

Does anyone has any idea about this or in same situation like me?

Let me know.

Completely meaningless message.
Seems like a clear case of a USCIS agent messup. No need to worry. All that will happen is that you will probably loose some time to sort these out.

Do not worry.

Usually INS guyz messes up sometimes inI-485.
ONe of my friend got 485 denied and appealed back. Got back 485 approval along with green card within a month.

He says he had one month vacation.

Everything will be alright.

Talk to attorney..

Good luck

Hopefully it is a messup. Is it possible that EB3 visa numbers are really used up? Hope all the best.

See more details on http://www.immigration-law.com/:

10/30/2004: Anticipated EB Priority Date Retrogression, AC-21, and Survivability

In about a month and two weeks or so, the immigrant community will see the January 2005 Visa Bulletin. According to the State Department prediction, some categories of employment-based cases may see retrogression of visa numbers. In most likelihood, the potential candidates are China and India and EB-3 rather than EB-2 or EB-1. It is anybody's guess at this time when it comes to a question "how steep the number may move backward."

485 denial

I just got the confirmation from my lawyer that my i140 is denied and that is the reason why my i485 got denied, this happened because of the new memo from William Yates regarding Ability to pay doubt on application. The memo says, if the UCIS agent has any doubt on US employer's ability to pay or some evidence is missing, striaght away deny the application istead of issuing RFE.

As per my lawyer, the agent has intepreted it wrongly or messed up somewhere else, I have submitted all my 3 years w2, I was never on bench, company is also doing good, donno why he denied. We are going to file a motion to reconsider the application and see how it goes.

I will consider to be unlucky on this. Let wait and see.

need_green_card said:
I just got the confirmation from my lawyer that my i140 is denied and that is the reason why my i485 got denied, this happened because of the new memo from William Yates regarding Ability to pay doubt on application. The memo says, if the UCIS agent has any doubt on US employer's ability to pay or some evidence is missing, striaght away deny the application istead of issuing RFE.

As per my lawyer, the agent has intepreted it wrongly or messed up somewhere else, I have submitted all my 3 years w2, I was never on bench, company is also doing good, donno why he denied. We are going to file a motion to reconsider the application and see how it goes.

I will consider to be unlucky on this. Let wait and see.
Wish you good luck need_green_card. Hope everything works out well for you. All of us can understand what you must be going through now.

I-140 Eb2&eb3

Hey Guys,

I could not understand how can a person apply for both EB2&EB3 CATEGORY for I-140 approval. Could anyone enlighten on this topic.

EB2 Category:

I-140 ND 09/14/04 AD...?. :confused: Awaiting

LUD changed for I-140 two days in a row

Hi All,

LUD changed for I-140 two days in a row and no message change.

Hi Aastha,

I think yo have in same situation LUD changed two days in a row.Did you get anything asof now? I didnot find your record in 2004.xls.

I appreciate if you update , what happened to your case.

Thanks
Karurama(Sai)

need_green_card,

You posted two conflicting messages regarding the 485 denial! Which one is correct? The dates haven't retrogressed yet, so not sure why you would get denial due to visa numbers being not available.

Hope things work out for you.

Can you tell us more about your I-140 denial

Hi Need_green_card,

You came to know that your I-140 was denial after I-485 denial.There is no posting from you on I-140 denial and what the reason they mentioned in
I-140 denial.

Did your I-140 message was updated in USCiS or your Lawyer was informed.

Please let us know, I am very worried because here in the forum what I observed was that the cases which no change in LUD received approvals and to whom ever LUD changed waiting for approval.Makes me crazy.
I can Understand your pain after long frustration.

Definitely God will help you, don't worry. I will take your name in my prayers.

Thanks
Karurama

joyd said:
need_green_card,

You posted two conflicting messages regarding the 485 denial! Which one is correct? The dates haven't retrogressed yet, so not sure why you would get denial due to visa numbers being not available.

Hope things work out for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually I was confused because i just received a letter regarding my 485 but my lawyer received letter for 140 denial. It is nothing to do with visa number availability, the message in the letter itself is confusing.

FP at Boston office

I had gone for my FP at the Boston office today. I had an appointment for 11 am. Reached there at 11, had to wait till 1.30 before I could go in, was out by 2. If you are going to Boston office for FP, make sure you reach there half and hour before, specially if you are supposed to be there at 11.

ST.

Should EB2s write to any congressman /senator?

Wonder why VSC is penalizing people with Advanced Degrees? Will it help if we write to our local senators (asking them to inquire)?
Also can somebody update the tracker with my details?

EB2 /Labor Subst
140 RD 4/7/04
485/AP/EAD RD 5/20/04, ND 5/26/04
EAD - AD 06/30/04
AP - 7/1/04

Hi dntworrybhappy

I have the same sentiments. VSC does not appear to be processing EB2 I-140s for the past few months now.

jd_mass said:
I have the same sentiments. VSC does not appear to be processing EB2 I-140s for the past few months now.
It may help if you contact senator/congressman. But then that process will take some time. I would suggest go ahead - contact them and also send emails to prakash khatri - it has always been effective. CSC people have reported good success with it. We started an email campaign to Prakash Khatri in VSC 140 two months back but lack of a good number of participants did not yield results in our favor. You have to stand for yourself - no one will fight for you. If you may allow let me quote JFK here - one man can make the difference and every man should try. Join in the effort and spread the effort to all known quarters. Each email counts. You will see - it will take less energy in sending email then thinking about uncertainty which you were not destined to undergo. You have to join hands to show the power. Everyone counts - every effort matters. I will bring up that thread again so that more people can make efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 approved.

received e-mail today that I-140 has been cleared.

EB3 I-140 - ND 19.Jul.2004 / AD 15.Nov.2004.

could someone update the tracker please?

guys/gals ...dont know if this helps, but I had talked to my lawyers last monday and asked them if enquiring about my status would help as processing date posted by VSC was beyond my receipt date. They said they would talk to VSC. Dont know if they actually did, but I got an approval notice today.

Last edited by a moderator: