2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

ritushah said:
I've received a fingerprint notice for me and my wife. Though my online status/lud is not changed for 140/485. I've filed under eb3 category with substitute labour. I'm confused and have 2 questions for gurus
1. without 140 approval how can i receive finger print notice?
2. can I go for fingerprint this week (my residence in San Jose, CA) instead of appointment on 26th october?

Please reply.

Thanks.
Ritushah

1. 140 approval has nothing to do with FP notice.
2. You may try. Sometimes they allow it - sometimes they won't.

singhnsingh said:
Today I looked up to see an update on my 485 the message says as follows
On September 9, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days
Could the gurus answer what that means?
Thanks in Advance :confused:
It is an RFE.

Address change

singhnsingh said:
On September 9, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days

It happened to my case when I requested address change

updated tracker file on the first page?

I am so happy to find this excellent forum!

Is it possible to fix the most-updated tracker file on the first page so that one does not need to find it in other pages?

RFE means request for evidence. Sometimes it may lead to approval. RFE in 485 can be due to incomplete medical, employment verification, if you were out of status at any time etc. Dont' think too much till you see it yourself.

singhnsingh said:
Jharkhandi... I m not sure if this is an RFE. I guess it is a USCIS response to some query raised by Singhsingh. I guess people often start a query regarding address change etc, and USCIS changes the LUD when it sends a response to the query. We can only suggest the people to read the difference between "we responded to your request for more information" and "We sent a request for more information regarding your case".
I hope this helps.

Though it may not make sense, but seeing very few FP notices in EB3 catagory, throwing a theory to correlate FP with Labor date.
Mine sub labor was approved in Oct 2000, and I have FP. ritushah's is sub labor (assuming old approval date), and he has FP notice.

Gurus,
What do you think?

Tracker updated

Tracker updated with ritushah's and commander's fingerprint notice date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Priority date or Labor date

I think its time to add another coloumn for priority date in tracker? this way we can better track Finger printing. any comments?

Thanks

njlabor20011 said:
I think its time to add another coloumn for priority date in tracker? this way we can better track Finger printing. any comments?

Thanks

Finger printing depends on I-485 ND + The center where you are currently residing[Depends on your nearest FP Center work load]. Nothing with PD of Labor.
At present EB1/EB2/EB3 are current.

Sree

njlabor20011 said:

Thanks

I think we already have a coulmn called 'Cat/State/LC PD'.

If for clarity, you want seperate column. That also is good idea.

One thing is sure that we need to get more data for the column. i mean PD from the members. Guys please tell your PD, so that tracker can be update for better...

sree1965 said:
Finger printing depends on I-485 ND + The center where you are currently residing[Depends on your nearest FP Center work load]. Nothing with PD of Labor.
At present EB1/EB2/EB3 are current.

Sree

How do you know it is current? My 485 ND is 19th APR'04 and i don't think my FP center is overloaded too. But i still haven't got my FP.

Bodhal Singh said:
How do you know it is current? My 485 ND is 19th APR'04 and i don't think my FP center is overloaded too. But i still haven't got my FP.

Current is not for FP. Current - for the availability of Visas(GC). Till 2001 people use to wait for the availability of Visas[per country quota], eventhough their Labor was cleared. That time PD of Labor was most crucial. But in 2001 all the usused GC's of other countries were given to India, and China. From then onwards no need to wait to file the 140+485[The same way PD of Labor became less important, once it is cleared the DOL].

FP depends on your 485 date. At present FP's are for ND Oct03-Mar04[Again depends on the center(Where you live)].

Sree

FP Notices to Commander and Ritu Shah.

It's interesting to see Commander's and Ritu Shah's EB3 Cases of March 2004 with labor substitutions getting FP Notice.

The fact that they got FP Notices on the same day and both's are amongst the few cases which have not got I-140 approvals(both have also not received any RFE's) makes this even more intriguing.

What can we read in this? Strange is the way VSC works.

My request to Guru's: is there any pattern or possible inference that we can draw from here?

All the Best to Commander and Ritu Shah.

Regards.

FP - Same here

ritushah said:
I've received a fingerprint notice for me and my wife. Though my online status/lud is not changed for 140/485. I've filed under eb3 category with substitute labour. I'm confused and have 2 questions for gurus
1. without 140 approval how can i receive finger print notice?
2. can I go for fingerprint this week (my residence in San Jose, CA) instead of appointment on 26th october?

Please reply.

Thanks.
Ritushah

Hi Ritu,

Yesterday I received FP notice for self and my spouse scheduled on 10/22/04, thought online status/lud is not changed for 140/485. Mine is EB2 with Substitute Labor. I too live in San Jose, CA.

sree1965 said:
Current is not for FP. Current - for the availability of Visas(GC). Till 2001 people use to wait for the availability of Visas[per country quota], eventhough their Labor was cleared. That time PD of Labor was most crucial. But in 2001 all the usused GC's of other countries were given to India, and China. From then onwards no need to wait to file the 140+485[The same way PD of Labor became less important, once it is cleared the DOL].

FP depends on your 485 date. At present FP's are for ND Oct03-Mar04[Again depends on the center(Where you live)].

Sree
And this is why I was thinking the PD of Labor has effect on when you get FP notice. All in all what I have heard is that the system generating the FP notice is different. Now, there was a time when PD dates were important (as mentioned by Sree) and I am assuming that there is a chance that the system was never updated or changed and it still sends out FP notices in chronological order of Labor Cert PD (based on the fact that an AOS was filed).
To verify this we might need to add a column to track the labor cert PDs more effectively. I request the other senior members to give comments on my theory and if possible start putting PDs and FP date in a separate column in tracker.
The idea of sending FPs for centers where there is less load is far fetched (cause I am not sure there will be a system that request work load based on whether a particular centre has work or not).
And my personal experience with respect to my I140 being approved also negates any signs of FOM being implemented.
Anyways, more comments are always welcome.

templabor said:
And this is why I was thinking the PD of Labor has effect on when you get FP notice. All in all what I have heard is that the system generating the FP notice is different. Now, there was a time when PD dates were important (as mentioned by Sree) and I am assuming that there is a chance that the system was never updated or changed and it still sends out FP notices in chronological order of Labor Cert PD (based on the fact that an AOS was filed).
To verify this we might need to add a column to track the labor cert PDs more effectively. I request the other senior members to give comments on my theory and if possible start putting PDs and FP date in a separate column in tracker.
The idea of sending FPs for centers where there is less load is far fetched (cause I am not sure there will be a system that request work load based on whether a particular centre has work or not).
And my personal experience with respect to my I140 being approved also negates any signs of FOM being implemented.
Anyways, more comments are always welcome.

My Labor PD is October 2003.

I-485 --- 03/01/2004.

completed FP on 09/07/2004.

Sree

Last edited by a moderator:
pRIORITY DATE

My information.

My labor was filled on November 18, 2001.
Labor Approved on March. 24, 2004,
ND I-485 April 27, 2004