2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

ruchin said:
Guys,

Something's cooking in VSC - an aquaintance of mine filed I140/485/EAD concurrently with a ND of Aug 16th - his I 140 was cleared even before his 485 reciept was issued - in just 9 days!!

Anyone got any comments?

The powerball lottery guys have a tie up with USCIS. Every Saturday and Wednesday, the powerball guys put few EAC Numbers in a rotating ball and pull out 5 Numbers. These 5 numbers are approved immediately. :)
If the EAC pulled is a 485, then no finger prints necessary :)

Anything can happen with USCIS. A friend of mine delibrately sent 140/485 with missing documents, like paystubs so that he can buy time for his marriage by getting an RFE. Guess what happend, he got his GC, no questions asked.

Dont buy too much into these abberations. If you are lucky enuf, you will be one of the them.

LUD Change Reason

As I said earlier, my LUD changed on 8/12 but no status changed. I found there is an outstanding RFE("Company's ability to Pay") issued for one other employee of my company. I hope that is the reason for hold on my case. If so when can I expect any change in Status again?

I am new to this forum. Can you please add my details to spread sheet.

VSC

Category : EB2

I-140 / I-485/EAD/AP Concurrent
RD 2/24/2004
ND 3/2/2004

I-140 RFE 3/24/2004 (FOR ABILITY TO PAY)

I 140 AD 5/13/2004
EAD AD 6/15/2004
AP EAD 6/15/2004

Finger Print Notice Scheduled Date 9/7/2004

My wife's filing details

I-485/AP/EAD

RDate: 08/11/04
NDate: 08/17/04

ruchin said:
Guys,

Something's cooking in VSC - an aquaintance of mine filed I140/485/EAD concurrently with a ND of Aug 16th - his I 140 was cleared even before his 485 reciept was issued - in just 9 days!!

Anyone got any comments?
Was it EB2 or EB3. As per my info, there is a pilot program for EB2 and they are getting cleared fast. I am not sure if the same is happening for EB3 as well..but who knows...its all matter of luck...

update my EAD/AP details

Hi,

I forgot to give my EAD/AP details. Can someone please update the same?

EAD/AP/I-485 Mailing Date(MD)
07/08/2004

EAD/AP/I-485 Notice Date(ND)
07/15/2004

EAD Approval - 08/04/2004
AP Approval - 08/05/2004
I-485 - ?

Thanks,
rbamara

Hi,
Anotheroneforgc can you please give some details of your RFE on I-140. I am about to file my I140/485, so it will be helpful if I get some more info on 'Ability to Pay'. If possible try to cover those points while filing.

Thanks in advance.

oajnabi

Sure

Following is text from RFE

1. YOUR RESPONSE MUST BE RECEIVEED IN THIS OFFICE ON OR BEFORE Month XX, 2004.
2. REGULATIONS REQUIRE THAT THE REQUESTED EVIDENCE BE SUBMIYED WITHIN 12 WEEKS.
3. ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TOGETHER.
4. SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE ABOVE DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
5. YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE AN EXTENSION OF TIME IN ORDER TO SUBMIT THE REQUESTED
DOCUMENTATION.
From the date this office receives your resubmission a minimum of 14 days will be required to
process your form. If you have not heard from us within 60 days then you may contact the
USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.
If you are heating impaired, please call the NCSC TDD at 1-800-767-1833.
Submit additional evidence to establish that the employer had the ability to pay the offered wage
or salary of $XX,000 per year as of Month xx, 2003, the date of filing and continuing to the
present.
Submit the 2002 and 2003 United States federal income tax return(s), with all schedules and
attachments, for your business.
If your business is organized as a corporation, submit the corporate tax return.
If the business is organized as a sole proprietorship, submit the owner’s individual
tax return (Form 1040) as well as Schedule C relating to the business.

Accredited profit/loss statements, bank account records, or personnel records.

If the beneficiary was employed by you in 2003, submit copies of the beneficiary’s Form
W-2 Wage and Tax Statement(s) showing how much the beneficiary was paid by your business.

Submit the beneficiary’s United States individual income tax return for 2003,
with all schedules and attachments.

LC_Virginia said:
Tracker updated with info from rbamara, rsingh123, and gclsnjvsc

gcalb, which category did you file in (EB1/EB2/EB3) ?

Sorry forgot to mention the category!

Category: EB2

Concurrent filing of I140-I485

Last edited by a moderator:
I completed my finger printing today. I went to service center in southern california area. My notice for finger printing was for Michigan(Origional address) but since I am in CA currently on a project, I went to center closest to me and got it done before date(scheduled date for 9/7/2004) and different location. I was concerned about different location but my attorney advised me to go for the nearest ASC(application service center) and nobody asked me any question about that.
Can you please update the spread sheet with my finger print date of 8/31/2004

Thanks

Forms have been chagned?

I got a call from lawyer's office yesterday.
Not a good news becasue all my files and my wife's files have been returned.
It was mailed on Aug. 10, 2004.
The USCIS said that all forms have been changed and need to re-file all of them using new forms. :mad:
I checked the USCIS website, but I couldn't find any notification about new forms and all the forms look the same as mine and my wife's.
Is there anybody who has any idea about that?

Thanks.

-------------------
EB3/I-140/I-485/EAD - No receipt

The edition of each form is indicated on the lower right hand site of the form.

Check your copy and the CIS website which they state what edition will be accepted, make sure the edition of your filed form is among those acceptable.

It might be CIS mistake to sent all form back to your lawyer (who is supposed to know these updated edition!!?)

Hi Anotheroneforgc,
Thanks for the reply. I am wondering if your co. made profit on 2002 and 2003? Is that matter?
Also they asked for W-2 of 2003. Was it above the wages mentioned in ETA-750A(LC)?

Thanks,
oajnabi

I did not get to look at profit and loss statement so I do'nt know the answer. Anyway this is a very normal rfe and is issued in many cases just to make sure that employer is really able to pay salary as stated in your labor certification

Hope this helps

Can i do finger Printing without getting a FP Notice?

Hi

I have a question.... I got my 485 Receipt and do not know whether my employer filed for my EAD and have not yet recd my EAD receipt notice.

Can i go to nearest ASC centre and get my FP done without waiting for the notice for finger printing ? PLs advise.

Thanks

anotheroneforgc said:
I completed my finger printing today. I went to service center in southern california area. My notice for finger printing was for Michigan(Origional address) but since I am in CA currently on a project, I went to center closest to me and got it done before date(scheduled date for 9/7/2004) and different location. I was concerned about different location but my attorney advised me to go for the nearest ASC(application service center) and nobody asked me any question about that.
Can you please update the spread sheet with my finger print date of 8/31/2004

Thanks

I am not sure I understood you correctly. Are you saying that you think that you did not recieve FP notice because you did not file EAD.

Well as far as I know there is no link between the two.

And to answer your question no. 2
No you can not go for FP without notice.

Hope this answers your question.

I tried that yesterday in Philadelphia and I was told that every time they submit the FPs to the FBI, they have to pay the fee they charge us while filling the application ... and if the FP expire THEY have to pay for the second FP so they told me that I better wait to receive the notice :mad: :mad: :mad:

tigris said:
Hi

I have a question.... I got my 485 Receipt and do not know whether my employer filed for my EAD and have not yet recd my EAD receipt notice.

Can i go to nearest ASC centre and get my FP done without waiting for the notice for finger printing ? PLs advise.

Thanks