2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Traveling on AP prior to I140 appoved?

my case filed in dec 2004 since then nothing happen, what is the problem if my wife travel india at this stage .
I am using EAD anyway .

gckalafda1 said:
my case filed in dec 2004 since then nothing happen, what is the problem if my wife travel india at this stage .
I am using EAD anyway .

As long as she has a valid AP in her hand, she can go to India anytime.

need help

Guyz,
Mine and my wife 485 is approved in June.
My daughter who is above 14yrs I-485 is still pending since April 20th as finger printing status recieved.
I called them two times and they are saying that it is pending security check and do not know when it will be ready.

Its almost 4 months after the finger printing.

What is the approach to expedite the process?

Also after 485 approval, we have not recieved our green cards yet. Just we got our passport stamped.

Adivse needed...

regards,

need help

Guyz,
Mine and my wife 485 is approved in June.
My daughter who is above 14yrs I-485 is still pending since April 20th as finger printing status recieved.
I called them two times and they are saying that it is pending security check and do not know when it will be ready.

Its almost 4 months after the finger printing.

What is the approach to expedite the process?

Also after 485 approval, we have not recieved our green cards yet. Just we got our passport stamped.

Adivse needed...

regards,

Security / Name Check is a norm these days

Hi GCMental,

There are many applicants stuck in Security / Name check including myself. It appears that in the last few weeks, the number of cases stuck in this situation has increased substantially, you can see this in the postings on the forum.

Now, I don't know why this is happening, is it just a stalling process by USCIS or has the FBI increased its scrutiny following recent terrorist attacks around the world or some other reason.

Anyways, hopefully this will be over us and we all get our approvals soon.

Not sure what to do, I sent email to FBI in April '05 and have not yet received any response.

Cheers,

my quick question. if 485 case online message says finger prints received and case resumed means still we are under name check or out of it ??

official 485 processing date aug 19th. if we call uscis, do they tell us name check cleared or not ??

let us hope more approvels next week.

jd_mass said:
Hi GCMental,

There are many applicants stuck in Security / Name check including myself. It appears that in the last few weeks, the number of cases stuck in this situation has increased substantially, you can see this in the postings on the forum.

Now, I don't know why this is happening, is it just a stalling process by USCIS or has the FBI increased its scrutiny following recent terrorist attacks around the world or some other reason.

Anyways, hopefully this will be over us and we all get our approvals soon.

Not sure what to do, I sent email to FBI in April '05 and have not yet received any response.

Cheers,

NYdeal said:
my quick question. if 485 case online message says finger prints received and case resumed means still we are under name check or out of it ??
IMHO, FP result received has no relation to name check.
official 485 processing date aug 19th. if we call uscis, do they tell us name check cleared or not ??
Depends on the CS rep you get connected to, some reps give out this information others will not. They will simply say pending. I think you already know that you will not be able to start a formal inquiry as your RD is not 30 days past the official processing date.
let us hope more approvels next week.
Best of luck.

New VSC processing times

The new VSC processing times have been posted. Sadly, the I-485 dates are stuck at Aug-19, '04. Not suprising since there have not been any approvals in since July-4 break

Sigh....

Slow Approvals

Found two approvals today
http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=185176
http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=185182

also, one of my friend Eb2 ND Nov-2003 got approval 2 days before.

I think that with summer vacation, non-availability of visa numbers is keeping approval process slow. my attorney mentioned that name check resources are allocated to other IMP Home Land Security task's so Name Checks will be more slow. Also soon EB2 may go under retrogression .... :-(

Gurus,
Need Help.
My case was Transfered to Washington DC Office from VSC and I applied E file for EAD and AP and I got MSC numbers.

Also address shows up stating that I should send paper to Lee's Summit, MO instead of Washington DC office. Any body have clue? I'd really appriciate it.

Status Question EAD/H1.

Gurus,
I do have valid H1 till April Next Year without Stamping in Passport.My 485 is pending and have valid AP/EAD. I have travel plans and planning to return back using AP. Can I continue using existing approved H1? Or should I use EAD? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
GCVA

gcva said:
Gurus,
I do have valid H1 till April Next Year without Stamping in Passport.My 485 is pending and have valid AP/EAD. I have travel plans and planning to return back using AP. Can I continue using existing approved H1? Or should I use EAD? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
GCVA

Once you use your AP, present H1 is not valid anymore. You will basically be on AP/EAD until the 485 result, of course it can be extended as long 485 is pending.
I was also planning to do the same but my attorney said NO and got me an appt in Chennai when I travelled and I got my H1 stamped. This way your stay here is not restricted to 485 alone.
If anything goes wrong (touch wood nothing will happen BUT) with 485 you can still stay or else if AP is used you suddenly become out of status.

gcva said:
Gurus,

Thanks in advance.
GCVA
You should try to get an appointment for H1 stamping and get it stamped. If that is not possible, you can return with AP and still continue to be on H1.

IMHO, using AP does not invalidate your H1 but using EAD does. There has been lot of discussion on this topic in this thread and so many other threads. Even different lawyers have different opinion on this issue.

Update...

Hi guys,

Got the PP stamped today for me and my wife at local San Jose USCIS office.
My appointment was at 9:30 AM. I cheked in with Infopas appointment at 9:00 AM. They called me to the counter at 9:25 AM. The officer asked my original EAD,AP and approval notices(both were expired, I was still on H1B). They have taken finger prints and signature for me and my wife in couple of places and stamped the passport.

I came out at 9:35 AM, all in 10 mins!

Hang on tight guys, your day will come.

-Ravi

EB2 Labor substitution
Labor PD: 11/14/2000
I-140/I-485 concurrent filing:
I-140/I-485 ND: 05/11/2004
Finger Printing ND: 02/14/2005 Scheduled on 02/25/05 FP done:02/25/2005
I-140 AD: 04/22/2005 (after phone call from employer to USCIS),
LUD on 05/06/2005(after approval)
I-485 AD: 1st LUD on 02/28/2005 no message change ,
2nd LUD on 03/01/2005(msg change for FP),
3rd LUD on 04/21/2005 after status enquiry of my case, no msg change
4th LUD(RFE,EVL, last 2 months pay stubs, last 2yrs W2's) 04/28/2005
5th LUD (RFE received message) 05/28/2005
6th LUD (no message change) 06/01/2005
Case transfered to local office(California) 7th June
I-485 approved 21st July
Got PP stamped Aug 10th.
Waiting for the cards....

I think AP is safe for H1B.

gcva said:
Gurus,

Thanks in advance.
GCVA

I agree with EricS, rather than with ashhegde. At least my own lawyer said, quote, "The Travel Permit does NOT cancel the H-1B and your employer still assumes that you are under H-1B status." Same lawyer advised me one year ago not to show EAD to my employer (probably because doing so does invalidate H1, though I didn't clarify it). I myself plan a trip, and it looks like I won't get AP in time, thus I plan to get H1B stamp at the American Consulate. I have some doubts, but I hope for the best.

USCIS Mail auto-forward ????

Does anyone happen to know if USCIS mail (485 approvals, card etc..) gets auto-forwarded when I put in a change of address request with my local post office?

Cheers

Nope

From past experience, the mail is sent back to USCIS but postal office mentions your new address to USCIS, so they can correctly resend the mail.

This happened to me with FP notice but it was delayed by almost a month as a result.

zbcx123 said:
Does anyone happen to know if USCIS mail (485 approvals, card etc..) gets auto-forwarded when I put in a change of address request with my local post office?

Cheers